What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Rules Feedback

How about a rule something along the lines of:

High quality roleplay must be made before planting the blasting charge while doing the HM. (We are taking the gold, get lost" does not count!

Or

Robbing the HM Treasury must be done via roleplay only. If a shootout occurs, the robbers may only use pistols and the police may only use rubber bullets.

I know most will say "Pistols only?!?" but the HM should be VERY HARD to do. Or even...

Robbing the HM Treasury must be done via roleplay only. If a shootout occurs, the robbers may only use pistols and the police may only use rubber bullets. (Maximum officers allowed to respond: 15)

This will maybe limit the shooty shooty and encourage more roleplay for the HM. I dunno, thinking out loud here.

2) Put rules in place to stop any group only logging in for active combat situations using out of game methods to find out about them (metagaming)
Just personal opinion here. I don't see how it makes sense to lump sounding the alarm as it were, with meta gaming. Anything real life resembling police, UNMC, even regular gangs, as soon as something pops up to threaten them, would go to defcon 1 and call all hands on deck. Now i can understand combating people just playing for the gunfights, and off the top of my head i can't think of a way to do that, but labeling red alert across all channels as meta gaming doesn't make sense to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

High quality roleplay must be made before planting the blasting charge while doing the HM. (We are taking the gold, get lost" does not count!

Or

Robbing the HM Treasury must be done via roleplay only. If a shootout occurs, the robbers may only use pistols and the police may only use rubber bullets.

I know most will say "Pistols only?!?" but the HM should be VERY HARD to do. Or even...

Robbing the HM Treasury must be done via roleplay only. If a shootout occurs, the robbers may only use pistols and the police may only use rubber bullets. (Maximum officers allowed to respond: 15)

This will maybe limit the shooty shooty and encourage more roleplay for the HM. I dunno, thinking out loud here.
Stop trolling.

Or

Imo the rp aspect is fine. I think tho that people didnt like the fact they had to go up against 25+ cops that hopped on. I however never had any probs with that. When the morrisons lads were on holiday and before i joined the cops we would do a 7 man bank about 25 cops would hop on/ were on the server and we always won with about 40 worth of gold. They raided our gold houses after and we never had any problems with that. It was good fun. However I do understand that it could be a bit metagamish to hop on for stuff, but you could also see it as you are being called to respond to a situation , as a cop unmc and rebel alike.

*40 mil

I mean 2 rules should have been sufficient to make rebels and police happy alike. Wall of text is too much and like people are pointing out too much loopholes when alot of text.

1. Player logging ingame (going past spawn selection) during active HM treasury operation (blastin charge is planted), cannot take part to the operation before the transport phase. Transport phase starts when trucks have left HM combound area.

2. Player logging ingame during active( shots have been fired before player is past spawn selection ) operation is not permitted to take part or approach the zone of this operation during the next 15minutes. If this operation is taking part in your gang base, you must not use it as a spawn point.

Just my 2 cents. It should also be given some time to think what about the server 2 bank operations as rebels can bretty much exploit free money out of the bank currently. #makethecommonsenseprevail

Imo the rp aspect is fine. I think tho that people didnt like the fact they had to go up against 25+ cops that hopped on. I however never had any probs with that. When the morrisons lads were on holiday and before i joined the cops we would do a 7 man bank about 25 cops would hop on/ were on the server and we always won with about 40 worth of gold. They raided our gold houses after and we never had any problems with that. It was good fun. However I do understand that it could be a bit metagamish to hop on for stuff, but you could also see it as you are being called to respond to a situation , as a cop unmc and rebel alike.
I personally don't see an issue with it, especially if a gang on S2 rob the HM when they know most cops are on S1, they do it for the easy win. I don't often do a HM, but I do like it more when it if a challenge and more cops come to join in.

I have to go out now for a bit but I do think more consultation is needed on this. Ill try and arrange a meeting with some of the more level headed people that are viewing their concerns here and include senior police/UNMC and gang leaders.

Please try and keep the posts constructive in my absence though guys.

We had a few options when dealing with this situation:

1) Deal with the report appropriately on the advice of police command and ban all 19 players involved (shitstorm due to innocents getting caught up in the ban list) 

2) Put rules in place to stop any group only logging in for active combat situations using out of game methods to find out about them (metagaming)

Personally I wanted to go through the logs for the past couple of weeks and look at any police that only logged in immediately after a bank op started and rarely at other times and remove their whitelisting. (shitstorm)

Option two was discussed with roughly 20 staff members and 2 of the 3 CSI's. There were many members of other factions in that staff list.

All we wish for is for you guys to give this a chance. I do know you have legitimate concerns but guess what so do other players! Id rather we tried this than went and implemented some really bloody harsh rules or player tracking system to combat those out there that only play here for the gun fights.
What I understand when you write about "1)" and "2)", is that you thought about banning and removing first? I really appreciate the time you took, especially when you discussed this problem with the Staff team. However, this is something which concerns the whole community. We should all speak together first. Ban or change first and speak later does not always work. There is many people like myself who played on this server for thousands of hours. Let us take part in the discussion. Then people that are experienced and play a lot can vote for the best arguments, and we mix the best ideas into a good rule, that will make most of the people happy (could happen on the forums). 

Rushing rules is never good. Feedback is a powerful option which we should consider. Oligarchy is not always accepted by many people.

I have to go out now for a bit but I do think more consultation is needed on this. Ill try and arrange a meeting with some of the more level headed people that are viewing their concerns here and include senior police/UNMC and gang leaders.

Please try and keep the posts constructive in my absence though guys.
I agree, if you gather more, alternative opinions from gang leaders and senior police, like lead some of spec units, then you may find ourselves with the best possible outcome.

IMG_0570.JPG

Funny thing is UNMC and now rebels can fall back to an area which can only be attacked with high admin permission (unlikely) and the Police can't even go back to their PD in combat.

I believe management need to get a load of their admins from all factions together who actually play on a daily basis and rethink some key rules as it's all falling apart with these bodged rules.
It clearly states that you dont need permission to attack a gang if they are falling back to it and i do believe the same counts for unmc base which actually makes sense so we dont have these random gunfights that go on for hours...

on your second point i completely agree

What I understand when you write about "1)" and "2)", is that you thought about banning and removing first? I really appreciate the time you took, especially when you discussed this problem with the Staff team. However, this is something which concerns the whole community. We should all speak together first. Ban or change first and speak later does not always work. There is many people like myself who played on this server for thousands of hours. Let us take part in the discussion. Then people that are experienced and play a lot can vote for the best arguments, and we mix the best ideas into a good rule, that will make most of the people happy (could happen on the forums). 

Rushing rules is never good. Feedback is a powerful option which we should consider. Oligarchy is not always accepted by many people.
Rules are always open to feedback hence this thread you are posting in. 

Rules are always open to feedback hence this thread you are posting in. 
I am happy that we have this thread. However, if you would read my feedback carefully you would be able to realise, that I am saying - we should discuss rules first and then make them, Together. 

I did not mention, that there is not a feedback system or anything else. I am happy to discuss, if my constructive feedback would work or not. By the way I am trying to enrich the discussion with my opinion and suggestions about rules hence that is why I am posting here. 

I feel these rules especially attacking a gang base is massively restricting rebel activity rebel is hard as it is already they should have more freedom not more restrictions on them I believe this rule should be re planned out logically a rebel group would not notify others when they attack it and naturally they could attack it at any time as a show of power 

I can't tell if you're genuinely confused or acting on hearsay.

It has never been a server rule or punishable under server rules to flee into a bluezone, as police or civilian.

We agreed a few months ago to trial a police rule of not running into bluezones during a gunfight, while bringing prisoners. (As the prisoner is effectively unsaveable at that point)

After a couple of weeks of a massive decrease in the number of arguments and whinging about this situation, we decided the advisory rule was doing its job and it would stay for the time being. The police command can change this at any time they want, it is not a server rule, it is not a bannable offense, misinformation is more dangerous than you think.

I can't tell if you're genuinely confused or acting on hearsay.

It has never been a server rule or punishable under server rules to flee into a bluezone, as police or civilian.

We agreed a few months ago to trial a police rule of not running into bluezones during a gunfight, while bringing prisoners. (As the prisoner is effectively unsaveable at that point)

After a couple of weeks of a massive decrease in the number of arguments and whinging about this situation, we decided the advisory rule was doing its job and it would stay for the time being. The police command can change this at any time they want, it is not a server rule, it is not a bannable offense, misinformation is more dangerous than you think.
Wait so we can flee to blue zone?

The rule

(12.4) Commenting on a ban appeal or report a player thread that is not involving you will lead to a warning point and a 7 day posting restriction

Contradicts what Thesoldier wrote in the report a player rules and people are being incorrectly punished for following the rules. The server rules clearly state if you are involved you may comment.

Back