What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Removal of Zafir & LMG

Status
Not open for further replies.
When the marksman DLC comes out I'm sure civs will get a low cal sniper (to heal the loss of the Zafir) if there is one included. Like if there was an M24 that would be ok I'm guessing. Personally I don't really have a use for snipers because my view range is set to the default 1600. #SHITPC.
I've already made this clear there will be no snipers publically added. We were talking about machine guns.

Additionally if a DMR(Designated Marksman Rifle) is added it will be allowed,just as the MK18 and Rahim are.

No need to winge, but it seems that some of the most popular gangs don't know what RP is anymore. I was asked to back off, I was in a poor position with poor cover... so I did. Moment I got up and started to walk away with my gun lowered he said good then shot me. 

Good choice removing them, anyway like Wilco said "If you can aim this will not affect you".

Last edited by a moderator:
No need to winge, but it seems that some of the most popular gangs don't know what RP is anymore. I was asked to back off, I was in a poor position with poor cover... so I did. Moment I got up and started to walk away with my gun lowered he said good then shot me.

Good choice removing them, anyway like Wilco said "If you can aim this will not affect you".
I will say it again and I'm sure I'll say it in the future. If you ever see anyone doing this in PLF, please, please, please report this to me!

I will say it again and I'm sure I'll say it in the future. If you ever see anyone doing this in PLF, please, please, please report this to me!
Kris, not PLF. Not going to say the name but they should be looked at. all they want to do is kill cops.

aliemirtetik, on 25 Dec 2014 - 2:18 PM, said:

We should have some  .50 cal snipers. I know it could damage the roleplay a bit but you can make them 1m for nondonators and 500k for donators. Because in certain situations we need some long ranged snipers. And since it will be expensive not will everyone can get one. But when were doing bank jobs we want to cover our friends in distance. Or when we do hostage situations. Lets just make a poll about it and see what people thinks.

If you read my other post you would know we had them in the game for millions each and they were abused then removed. They're not coming back publically. Additionally the "I know it could damage the roleplay a bit" part itself is reason enough for them not to be reconsidered as RP is the primary goal of the game. They're staying whitelisted only as they have been since the beginning of the server,because the public cannot be trusted with them which was proven months ago when they were given a chance and failed.

@Sovereign Do you not think 50cal snipers would have any place even if the price was put up towards the 7.5 million range, with mags costing 100k each.

This would make people value the weapon a lot more and it obviously wouldn't be something you would rebuy everytime you die and see people running around Kavala with it.

It would only come out at special occasions. (attacks on the Police/UNMC/Special server events/Big Gang wars and so on) because of the price tag.

Both have been tried. The server is better without them. Sometimes I think people forget the primary goal of the game is RP which means talk to each other. This ultimately makes a firefight a fun side activity not a primary one.

Rebels publically once had access to snipers and on a seperate occasion TWS thermal scopes which were also removed. We kept the machine guns after LoA left to see what happens and it's not been ideal. In the early months of the server the cops had a little too much with a standard CSO(PCSO did not exist) kit of a silenced MX with a nightstalker.(Simply because they could.) I've also stated these things before and no those days will not come back and nightstalkers or any other thermal optic will NEVER come back to the server.
" We kept the machine guns after LoA left" funny one, 3/13 members were using it, maybe a bit harsh of a method ? :eek:

But well  i dont care really i've always stuck with the MX

aliemirtetik, on 25 Dec 2014 - 2:18 PM, said:

@Sovereign Do you not think 50cal snipers would have any place even if the price was put up towards the 7.5 million range, with mags costing 100k each.

This would make people value the weapon a lot more and it obviously wouldn't be something you would rebuy everytime you die and see people running around Kavala with it.

It would only come out at special occasions. (attacks on the Police/UNMC/Special server events/Big Gang wars and so on) because of the price tag.
No,because they were 3.5+ million and people could not be trusted with it publically. We found the issue was not the price,but the people who used them. If you had one you were an instant target,because of the value. People did not follow the rules for them either when they did acquire them and safeguard it due to it's value. It has been proven that it should stay whitelisted only as it has been since the beginning of the server.

This thread is for the discussion of the removal of machine guns. Any further comments on another subject's addition or removal will be ignored and hidden. We've already beaten the subjects to death in this thread already and made decisions on many of them long ago.

People are already asking for compensation for Zafirs & mk200's, don't forget to remove them(asap when comp is made), because people also break into houses and steal those guns.

Your saying LMG's have no place on a roleplay server? Where do Ifrits, Stryders and Jets have a place. Taking LMG's would mean rebels have no way of fighting attacks from the sky (ie.helicopters) or light armoured vehicles (ie.Ifrits and Stryders).

Your saying LMG's have no place on a roleplay server? Where do Ifrits, Stryders and Jets have a place. Taking LMG's would mean rebels have no way of fighting attacks from the sky (ie.helicopters) or light armoured vehicles (ie.Ifrits and Stryders).
I explained this in my first post in this thread. Go back and read it on page 3 if you like.

Ohh yeah, we have so many ways, want me to start mentioning some ?

You have

- Your mouth

- Your words

- Alot of good weapons (MX, MXM, MK18 etc just need some more aiming!)

- Ohh yeah, did I mention, your words?

- Spike strips to take ifrits etc

I can keep going mate.

The Zafir is a plague to a rp community, and if wrong people have the weapon, well we know how it goes.

We have seen it

Let me throw a few things out here for everyone.

-Machine guns were brought up due to the frequent abuse by LoA when they were around and when they were banned,we waited to see if it would be abused further giving everyone the opportunity to use them and see what happens. The result is that it degrades combat and do not hold much realism and RP value in combat. (Personally I'm fine with none of them. Skills pay the bills.)

-You may ask then why do we have MRAPS? Armored vehicles have no place here. You are correct. By default Altis Life comes with Ifrits,hunters and even Hunter HMGs(They were removed for obvious reasons.) We actually had 2 votes in the past about ifrits and hunters and multiple suggestions about their removal. Every time people went bat shit crazy and voted no. Perhaps another vote should come?(and with it drama?)

-We actually did have both snipers in the game when the original red zone was in the game at one time for millions each,but they were removed in a matter of days,because people were not following the rules with them *cough* whitelisting*cough* and hackers would bring them in the game. 
If there was a vote to keep in Ifrits why was there no vote to keep in LMG's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back