What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Marksman Pistol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donny

Legendary Donator
Legendary Donator
Donator
Los Santos Police
So before this starts and everyone starts reeing at me this is simply a suggestion and obviously an open forum for people to make their own suggestions and gauge what people out in the rest of the server think. Ill try to keep this short and sweet since its a very straight to the point thing.

My suggestion is centred around the use of the marksman pistol and how strong it currently is. Marksman's are a single shot pistol with a fairly quick reload time. They have a very long range and do great damage pretty much downing people after one shot to the chest even with full health and armour with people using them in both CQB and long range fights due to their effectiveness and extreme accuracy (possibly aided by those who are well practised with precise crosshairs).

In my opinion although somewhat expensive upfront the marksman is very cheap to use and is a huge game changer in fights. Personally I would prefer too see less OP weapons on the server/as readily available but that ship sailed a long time ago and having spoken to a lot of people across the community (gangs, police/other factions) I know opinions are very mixed but there are a lot of people out there who would be content even with its removal. However, I know this probably isn't going to happen.

So to the point, I believe the marksman needs something of a balance which could be something like:
- Different ammo type needed to run it (AR/Sniper)
- Decreased range or more damage drop off at range

Anyway, interested in getting the wider communities thoughts on this.

In my opinion although somewhat expensive upfront the marksman is very cheap to use
When people use Marky as intended eg from high roofs or helicopters it isn’t that bad. However when people are running around with no fear of losing them and using a long range pistol CQC that’s when I see the issue.

I like the idea of a more expensive ammo type however do feel like this could be fixed within roleplay if it became more expensive so people are more likely to use them as and when needed oppose to every gunfight.

+1 on this, and honestly I don't really like the idea of just straight up removing items from the server as people obviously have grinded for this weapon and probably have a bunch stored across all the gangs, I like the idea of changing the ammunition needed to use it as lets be real here, the gun is broken XD.

I also agree with Mavericks reply to this too, when people use it out of helicopters and on roofs it makes sense to me and I see no issue, but most of the people will just run around with them with no issue of going down because they have another 7 stored away somewhere, I feel a change needs to be made to balance out the "gunfight" RP as eventually its gonna get to a point where no one is using anything else except a Marky

-1 First of all I understand the ammo change I have no problem with that but gear fear is something most gang members learn to not have running around with a marky without fear is a good thing because if we feared losing guns then u wouldn't have gang members because people would not want to grind to lose the gun and get mad about it you need to look at it another way instead of from the fed point of few we pay alot of money for markys and everyone knows we can't hold on to the weapon forever eventually we will lose it but we move on

I am not trying be a cunt or anything just being honest but from the feds point of view that has been pointed out a few times u don't have to pay for weapons u basically grab them out and use it free of charge (I know police fund loses money) gang members grind our asses off to get the guns to then lose them its always the way but wish police would see our side we pay loads for weapons u cant just remove the weapons we have put blood sweat and tears into getting changing ammo is fine but don't make a suggestion saying either remove it or change ammo just put change ammo Because removing it will make alot of gang members and groups very angry (But like I said this isnt aimed at any1 just my suggestion Hope u have a great day and its fucking boiling)

most gang members learn to not have running around with a marky without fear is a good thing because if we feared losing guns then u wouldn't have gang members because people would not want to grind to lose the gun and get mad
I see what you mean but think you somewhat miss the point.

This isn’t going to change any other guns, you can easily buy cheap guns to run around without gear fear.

The point of this is to remove the marky or IMO remove it from CQC because it is far superior to any other pistols in the right hands.

The way I invision this suggestion to go would be to make the marky in a similar mindset as the police and the sniper.

It’s shouldn’t be a “there is a gunfight we must get a marky” weapon. Oppose to something pulled out when required.

Making it more expensive with more expensive bullets isn’t going to change anything except making the user more conservative with its use

+1 what a strange weapon, a weapon based loosely off the G1 Contender. Now in the UK these weapons are mainly designed and modified to fire .22 ammunition for use in competition, which isn't taking anyone down in one hit. My opinion is either the weapon should be heavily nerfed or just phased out completely - one shot weapons with range like that are fragger weapons and theres no other way of looking at it. "oh but the police have a sniper" yes, but the police rarely use it and when it is used, its used within a set of rules and boundaries that allow the fair play of a situation to still continue. and shotguns are different also cause they don't have the range.

@InfernusYoshi not from a police point of view at all and I very rarely play cop nowadays. Entirely removing the Marky is a detriment to my roleplay bank account seeing as I'm one of the people who actually sell them (and also own a fair few of them) but actually knowing how unbalanced they are im more interested in having better RP/longer lasting gun play than a tap and go.
Like I said its an open forum to see what people would like and in turn influence devs/management if they see fit. Personally I have them, no issue using them or losing them but I think they are completely unbalanced (although I rarely find myself in gun fights but I have lost markys and more recently to police). An ammo change like you suggested would probably be a good step atleast in my opinion. Before you jump to calling it a "police" opinion maybe try thinking of it from a long term view rather than just calling it a suggestion because L police 1 tap with the marky.

+1 what a strange weapon, a weapon based loosely off the G1 Contender. Now in the UK these weapons are mainly designed and modified to fire .22 ammunition for use in competition, which isn't taking anyone down in one hit. My opinion is either the weapon should be heavily nerfed or just phased out completely - one shot weapons with range like that are fragger weapons and theres no other way of looking at it. "oh but the police have a sniper" yes, but the police rarely use it and when it is used, its used within a set of rules and boundaries that allow the fair play of a situation to still continue. and shotguns are different also cause they don't have the range.
Snipers exist outside the police just obviously a very rare, hard to replace and expensive item but gangs also have 10 people with marksman's who also all probably own helicopters or have the ability to steal them to counter it :)

looking at this from a gang member perspective I’ll say -1. It’s the only 1 shot gun available to gangs and yes, it is a game changer in fights but as it should be for its price. I think at the end of the day removing this gun would just make the police even that much stronger. Not saying your post is aimed in that direction but that’s just how I see it. The gun should just be more regulated by its sellers weather it’s repairing them less for broken ones or selling new ones less and less.

Also i think police should be the only ones to have body armour and a radio.
1719410319922.gif
If Gangs didn’t have radio they would use discord…

People wouldn’t spend all day every day making 300 phone call’s and writing everything in group chats… Yes it’s against the rules but that’s how it is.

It’s a video game, let people have fun…

In the nicest way possible, call it constructive criticism. That’s one of the worst comments I’ve ever read.

View attachment 34868
If Gangs didn’t have radio they would use discord…

People wouldn’t spend all day every day making 300 phone call’s and writing everything in group chats… Yes it’s against the rules but that’s how it is.

It’s a video game, let people have fun…

In the nicest way possible, call it constructive criticism. That’s one of the worst comments I’ve ever read.
ngl think he was joking with that one chief

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back