What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

The new economy

sugar is 80 pounds a quadbike run, combined with gas prices you make 5 pounds for 30 min of work, I don't see how some people think you should just "work harder"

i havent payed a single penny for a vehicle yet , but i havent been without a quadbike the whole time ive been on the island , lock picks cost 10 pound each lol, also last night we did many different runs  legal and illegal to see which was the best value for the time we put into it until we found a run which gave us about 1200 and took just over 45 minutes,

its not hard guys just takes a little effort and sadly most people have become so used to having things handed to them on a plate theyve become afraid of a little graft

i havent payed a single penny for a vehicle yet , but i havent been without a quadbike the whole time ive been on the island , lock picks cost 10 pound each lol, also last night we did many different runs  legal and illegal to see which was the best value for the time we put into it until we found a run which gave us about 1200 and took just over 45 minutes,

its not hard guys just takes a little effort and sadly most people have become so used to having things handed to them on a plate theyve become afraid of a little graft
What quad bikes do you steal if no one is hiring them and everyone is stealing them? :D

Also was that 1400 for 45 mins a legal run, sounds great if it was?

As I said I think the system is fantastic and the work they have done on the island is pretty amazing, they just need a little bit of tweaking to the payout's or rental costs and everything will be great :)

I'll explain my problem, which is mainly my fault however it's very difficult for me to recover from said problem. I foolishly took out most of my money at the beginning and ended up getting rammed and dying, and with there being no medics online I lost all my money and am left with nothing. I can't afford a quad-bike to go into town, and yes you may say I'm supposed to wait for the bus but on the very rare occurrence that they do turn up what am I supposed to do then? I can't afford clothes or a rucksack, I don't have a vehicle in which to do runs for resources in. I'm stuck, and there's literally nothing I can do.

Thank-you for the words on the economy, both sides have some arguments that can be valid.

Levels are introduced to make people WORK for a living, we don't have fantasy prices, and you dont all have drugs in your attics... it's life online...

Yes, its slow, and somethings are a bit harshly priced or weighed, but we'll be working on these things based on GENUINE feedback... "fk that i'm staying on altis" sounds more like "i'd rather make a million off a weedrun and shoot some cops"...

on this, if you do drugs, you need to be sneaky about it.... you're not John Rambo with access to a million guns...

As time progresses and people get money, gangs will start to cause some havoc on the islands like a natural progression... they may win a fight, and lose the next, and the loss will be a massive hit to them.... a £207,000 hmmt box getting scrapped is going to hurt! and the fact that they need to have unlocked it in the first place...

Police will be able to set up a checkpoint without a rain of bullets after 5 minutes.... Roleplay increased ALOT, Gunplay still exists but on a more realistic style... 

Police's fines and tickets were nerfed, and then divided by 10 after me and drew spoke to the CSI's prior to release, if you play along with the police, you get rewarded, if you sit there oinking, its going to hurt....

So yeah, maybe you feel like you want a gun fight, work for it.... role play.... and earn it like a real man (or woman)
Alright.. First I agree that it will improve roleplay.

But how can hobos start? You rent a quad for 500. Go do a run (gives you approx 60) You have to do approx 8 runs to only get the RENT money back.. Only the rent money. If you could by the quad in the first place it would be worth it. But 8 runs which take.. Lets say 20min each. Thats 480min you have to stay ingame not relog no restart. And if you have to eat you have to rent the quad again.. I know you rank up but still.. And the prices are way to low.. It just looks like nothing really rewards you for the effort. Like 8 for a iron ore.. really?

(don't see this as hate, still love you for the effort you put in the game :p)

Last edited by a moderator:
This is horrible, i am playing roleplay to roleplay and have fun, not to spend 50+ hours before i can actually get a truck and a gun...

This is horrible, i am playing roleplay to roleplay and have fun, not to spend 50+ hours before i can actually get a truck and a gun...
Yes it would totally be better to roleplay with the gun and do countdowns from 5? I played for nearly 4h's yesterday before I went to sleep as a police, and I must say the roleplay with civ's was the best I have got with random hobos in a LONG time or ever. Everyone knew that none did not have gun so everyone could commit to the roleplay and not be afraid when a rebel is hopping in and shooting everyone if you dont put your hands up. 

People need to drop the attitude that they need to get the gun and then go rob people. Go do some legal stuff and have a laugh with people in a coffee store. Prefer gunplay? back to altis you go.

News flash, you don't need money to RP.

I saw a guy with 0 money RP his way into getting stuff, a job and a gang.

The thing is the roleplay a lot of people will receive is short term. Inevitably people will stay around the server for a bit longer the first time they play to try and give all the mechanics available a go. However with the unbelievably slow progression that is present now all these hobos that are doing good roleplay will most likely quit as they can't progress due to current economic system.

Alright.. First I agree that it will improve roleplay.

But how can hobos start? You rent a quad for 500. Go do a run (gives you approx 60) You have to do approx 8 runs to only get the RENT money back.. Only the rent money. If you could by the quad in the first place it would be worth it. But 8 runs which take.. Lets say 20min each. Thats 480min you have to stay ingame not relog no restart. And if you have to eat you have to rent the quad again.. I know you rank up but still.. And the prices are way to low.. It just looks like nothing really rewards you for the effort. Like 8 for a iron ore.. really?

(don't see this as hate, still love you for the effort you put in the game :p)
You obviously haven't read everything that's been written. As said, in about 8 different places....

We're actively monitoring this and will be releasing balance passes.

You obviously haven't read everything that's been written. As said, in about 8 different places....

We're actively monitoring this and will be releasing balance passes.
Indeed I didn't read everything. I just wanted to give you a tip.

Can you maybe explain it a little bit (not able to play atm :()
and then u do the weed runs and you lose your LEVELS because of some KARMA mechanic,
i was lvl 3 did something illigal and was back @ lvl 1, same for my mate.
So doing things like weed runs make u rich but still only capable of renting a quad XD

DONT get me wrong i love the level system but you should not lose any exp when u do something illigal u should just get xp when processing weed etc instead of losing it.

And for the money yeah the grind is too hard Tanoa life can be the best but as it is now i doubt alot of people would like it only the real die hards that dont mind doing 50 hour runs  to pay for a offroad

money wise, there are a lot more valuable things than Sugar, you just need to take the risk ;)
U say that, but do you not realize that it costs a healthy amount of money to do those things. Furthermore, those things negatively affect experience points and arent even comparable to diamond mining. Even alligators would require a boat to do which would take hours of grinding. And to be honest guns do not cost At least a 1000 $ in real life. the XP system should be enough to deter any rdm not an inflated price simply because of the amount of time it takes to lvl up.

The balance between fun and grinding at the moment is off kilter and it will need some balancing.

me and a friend played earlier and decided to share all our starting money to afford anything. We did some coconuts and leveled up for a while, but it got extremely boring, and we felt like we were making no progress and making barely any money. So we decided to buy a boat and do frogs, after we made enough money for the boat we found out that you needed the license, we were lacking 3000 from the license. We did more coconuts to afford the license but after doing the math behind it, we figured out that it would take us 3 hours by driving coconut to make this amount of money. 3 hours may not seem like a lot, but if we got caught when doing drugruns (which we probably would) the boat would be scrapped, and we would be stuck at no money at all, what then? I can see why you did this, but now its more like a grinding server than an actual roleplay server. Its just waaaay too expensive to be any fun at all (for me) I hope this gets fixed :(

Went on as civ before the 8pm update and done Sugar canes>Tanoa Sugar>Chocolate Factory>Mango Trees>Mango stall with a atv n a carryall backpack made £450

What run is this?

And to be honest guns do not cost At least a 1000 $ in real life.
Can you show me a shop in the UK that sells the equivalent to a MK14 LEGALLY to anyone holding a "firearms license"........ these weapons are illegal on the island, they're smuggled in, and the island which (roleplayingly) seemed to be closed borders only recently opened up... to immigration, and security checks are high... getting guns is not an easy thing at this time... as for level? the guy doesn't trust you enough to sell his best weapons to... 

Back