What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Police Seriously Need to Improve..

I'm not mad, I'll say again, that ticket didn't effect me as I made loads of profit from it. I'm not complaining about this incident, it's all different things like Police not valuing their lives and providing poor roleplay in hostage operations and stuff like that.
You say your not complaining yet the entire thread is exactly that, saying police denied RP, saying that we "seriously need to improve" etc. 

Yes i I do agree that there are examples where the police do provide poor RP and don't always value their lives however, as stated, there are better ways to getting the point across and believe me hey do take the feedback onboard. If you have evidence of it then it's even better. 

Remember that CSO/PCSO are still under training and may not be up to the standard you'd expect from other officers as they don't have loads of experience. PCs generally have just passed through the academy but are also still fairly new and may not be willing to deviate from the handbook as much as they also aren't as experienced as others, this extends to SPCs in the same sense 

At then end of the day, all feedback is good as long as it is done in the correct way and is constructive, not just "all cops need to seriously improve RP"

Police in my opinion have improved alot.

I get that you are frustrated. but shesh, do another weed run.. or Copper! 

There are way to roleplay out of it. it didnt work this time, come up with something better next time.

If you were to say "Nope this is definitely marijuana" I am pretty sure that is powergaming as it isn't a feature in Arma 3.
Saying "This is marijuana" is not powergaming. The game lists the item as weed or marijuana and the only way to convince someone else that it isn't is by roleplay. In real life it has a distinctive smell and everyone knows what a weed plant looks like.

If I have a MK-1 and say it's an airsoft weapon, is it then also powergaming for the police to say it isn't? Of course not!

Saying "This is marijuana" is not powergaming. The game lists the item as weed or marijuana and the only way to convince someone else that it isn't is by roleplay. In real life it has a distinctive smell and everyone knows what a weed plant looks like.

If I have a MK-1 and say it's an airsoft weapon, is it then also powergaming for the police to say it isn't? Of course not!

No but distinctly saying that "This is a Mk1" or "This is marijuana" would be powergaming it is like you have just witnessed a robbery and you say "The wallet is there on your person" as the money is an abstract item and can not be physically viewed in game then the only way out of that is roleplay. 

You have to be lenient from time to time. I fondly remember when we have the fire department's fire trucks (50cals) going around town. Just because the game says it is marajuana doesn't mean you have to take it as that, yet this should not be an excuse to claim it to be absolutely anything. It all comes down to personal judgement. If their RP is good and believable, it would be powergaming (imo), if it is the usual shitty excuse, go ahead and bust him for having weed.

Now I know it's not every cop, a lot of you can roleplay very well, but just a few minutes ago I was selling weed and a PCSO, PC and SPC came up. As it's Rememberance Sunday, I tried to roleplay that it wasn't weed and it was plants and flowers we were putting in the church to remember our loved ones. They denied to roleplay and just knocked me out, ticketed me £70,000, impounded my truck and left. This is a 'serious' roleplay server, why play if you don't make the effort?
Indeed, I would be angry aswell, I have experienced similar situations before

My opinion (not that it matters) is if police made £1 for ever time someone said their weed was a different sort've plant they'd be rich (its a little cliche). Also if they let you off that easy every time whats the point in even playing, doing drugs should be a balance between risk/reward not ill just do it and if i get caught ill just tell them its lavender for my grannies birthday. 

You actually used a national remembrance day to try and sell weed? Shame on you.
It's still role play, he role played it as poppies - he clearly meant no offence whatsoever and was simply creating a role play scenario in game, to shame him for doing something like that is a bit iffy, especially when it is in a virtual world.

So the TL;DR is:. Guy has shit RP (who the fuck uses Remembrance Day to sell weed, seriously)

Cops don't believe said story as weed doesn't look like flowers in the slightest 

Cops ticket said suspect and impound rather than scrap and jail

OP gets salty and rage posts about how cops are shit and denied his rip and we need to all get better because he's bad

Have I missed anything here or am i correct?
@Mattch23 - Bold quoted a part of what you said

In that case, weapons cannot be used as selfie sticks or any other form of large item, because they look nothing like that and are actually military grade weapons? Double standard.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's still role play, he role played it as poppies - he clearly meant no offence whatsoever and was simply creating a role play scenario in game, to shame him for doing something like that is a bit iffy, especially when it is in a virtual world.

@Mattch23 - Bold quoted a part of what you said

In that case, weapons cannot be used as selfie sticks or any other form of large item, because they look nothing like that and are actually military grade weapons? Double standard.

Weapons cannot be used as selfie sticks as every officer will see that its a weapon and not a selfie stick. Just like you just said. I hope this was not new thing to you? I mean end of the day, you can try to RP what you want but officer has all the right to shut you down on basis of that.

Weapons cannot be used as selfie sticks as every officer will see that its a weapon and not a selfie stick. 
Except it has been considered fair role play to say that a military weapon IS a nerf gun, or a selfie stick, I have seen it happen first hand as role play. But someone role playing that their weed is "poppies" is suddenly a farcical method? 

See thats a lie right there, some officers actually like roleplaying bizarre things

Except it has been considered fair role play to say that a military weapon IS a nerf gun, or a selfie stick, I have seen it happen first hand as role play. But someone role playing that their weed is "poppies" is suddenly a farcical method? 
 I mean end of the day, you can try to RP what you want but officer has all the right to shut you down on basis of that. Even if you try to roleplay it does not mean the officer has to take it if he has legimate reason not to. 

I mean end of the day, you can try to RP what you want but officer has all the right to shut you down on basis of that. Even if you try to roleplay it does not mean the officer has to take it if he has legimate reason not to. 
Then it is a form of power-gaming if he cannot provide legitimate reason as to why the weapon is in fact a weapon.

Then it is a form of power-gaming if he cannot provide legitimate reason as to why the weapon is in fact a weapon.
You understand claiming that your gun is a selfiestick or antenna is nearly the same situation as pointing a gun to other dudes head inside a car.

You understand claiming that your gun is a selfiestick or antenna is nearly the same situation as pointing a gun to other dudes head inside a car.
Opposite ends of the spectrum, one involves a physical item in another person hand, the other involves a non-physical entity being used within role play. Either way, role play still has to be done accordingly and fear role play has to be introduced in terms of inside a vehicle.

@StarskyIf you RPed it as a selfie stick then personally I wouldn't believe you due to it not looking like one, however if you had a really good RP story than can explain it when questioned I would let it go.  If you turned around and said it was just an air soft gun then it'd be a lot easier to RP out of as you can explain the attachments and whatnot. It all depends on how you went about it. Just saying "it's a selfie stick" and then nothing else to expand it wouldn't be enough, however it's down to each officer to use their own discretion 

ohh and look what i find hear people complainig about rp on both sides i think instad of arguing over this stuff i say we have another community meeting to try and solve these issues

Your lucky you got a ticket and your trucked impounded. I woulda scraped it and sent you to jail.
What a lad

btw why don't you just do like we in TPX if the cops come you rp they don't believe you tell them to fuck off or they will get domed if they don't leave you put them in your frag montage that isn't baiting for a gun fight that is trying to make money :D

What a lad

btw why don't you just do like we in TPX if the cops come you rp they don't believe you tell them to fuck off or they will get domed if they don't leave you put them in your frag montage that isn't baiting for a gun fight that is trying to make money :D
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

What a lad

Not sure if legendary bait...

Back