What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Minor CSS-fixes

freddy

Hello!
As said. Great work with the forum. Looks really really good.

I found some small thing, that I just think might be worth having a look at. A bit on a personal taste you can decide if you think they're worthy or not :).

1. Profile text no padding
Feel some padding should do good so the text isn't so close to the border.

Suggested fix:
.ipsType_pageTitle {
    padding: 5px;
}

.ipsType_normal.ipsType_richText {
    padding: 5px;
}

2. Paginator hard to see.
For me it's a bit hard to see if there's a paginator on a topic, and a bit hard even when you hover. Might be my eyes/screen tricking me though. 

Suggested fix (may need some playing around with)
.ipsPagination.ipsPagination_mini a {
    color: #fff;
}

3. Create new topic (drop down on Create button in top).
For me this text is also a bit hard to see, and might feel a bit better to make the text darker.

Unfortunately I did not get by to find a clear fix for it. That component seems just a little bit more tricky but happy to have a deeper look at it if you're interested.

Do note that I didn't test if the fixes had impact on any other components on the forum!

padding.png

create new topic.png

paginator topic.png

Check the Create -> Topic dropdown now, looks much nicer in my opinion.

Unfortunately applying the other CSS elements will effect a lot of pages across the site, yet we can apply them to individual things to ensure that nothing else breaks.

I've added the other two to the to do list, as they are less accessed parts of the forums, so we will get to that tomorrow when we do a review and cleanup anything we need to do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for these @fredr_000 I think the IPB developers were focused on uniform settings across the board, New classes will hopefully be created soon, and more rectifications will be made!

Check the Create -> Topic dropdown now, looks much nicer in my opinion.

Unfortunately applying the other CSS elements will effect a lot of pages across the site, yet we can apply them to individual things to ensure that nothing else breaks.

I've added the other two to the to do list, as they are less accessed parts of the forums, so we will get to that tomorrow when we do a review and cleanup anything we need to do.
Looks much, much better. Nice work!
Cool, I'll have a look and see if I found something else.

Thanks for these @fredr_000 I think the IPB developers were focused on uniform settings across the board, New classes will hopefully be created soon, and more rectifications will be made!
No worries at all, happy to help! You made an impressive job to make this huge change, in as I understand such short time, and with so few bugs.

Seems to be one little bug on my phone when viewing forum overview on subforum with sub-subforums.

Phone: Galaxy S5

Browser: Chrome

Screenshot_2015-10-30-10-34-54.png

Back