What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Community Improvements (speak your mind)

Timo Langston

For the past year or so I have heard many complaints about the overall state of the server that seem to be becoming more and more frequent. These complaints being from all across the server ranging from your average crim, to police, to NHS, to staff themselves and everyone seems to be pointing the finger, or getting offended by the comments made. Also these complaints seem to be becoming more and more frequent as time goes on and peoples patience wears thin. I believe this is a big part of why the overall standard of RP has taken a nose dive. I want to make it clear that this not a post pointing fingers, but merely an attempt for people to suggest ways that we can all improve and try to repair some of the damage that has been done and hopefully bring the server back to what it once was.

Il start this thread off:
- I believe the level of police response has become very inconsistent an example being when I myself have hit a life invader and had no police turn up but then taking a chase for running a red light I've seen 9+ police cars. My suggestion to try and solve this is maybe having a limit to the amount of units that can attach to a call unless of course the stakes are raised i.e. firearms are pulled or panic alarms are used. I feel this will allow for more police units to be available to go to other calls then allowing others to have a piece of the pie so to speak.

- Crims now a days seem very bored and as a result they are quick to escalate and not allow RP to play out and this goes for everything from chases to just your average baldy talking smack. My suggestion to solve this is multi layered. My first thought is more content but that's to easy and pins the responsibility onto others. So a better idea would be for seniors in groups to be more strict on their members and set the standard that they want to see. This can be done multiple ways an idea ive had is to talk between other group leaders or even police seniors and arrange a RP story for the two groups to go down with a clear end goal in mind something with a bit of depth that can be played out for a week or two.

- My personal view on the staff team is they are very fed up with the majority of the player base and seem to be taking more control of the reins in certain aspects of the server. It seems the trust has gone for them were the players are concerned. My suggestion for this is to try and bring some of that trust back and allow the players to take more control over the way the server plays out i.e. allow people to sell businesses with out it all going through the COC. Also just allowing players in general to have more control over how their business is run. I fear that the direction things are going it will end up being that we are in RPUK's sandbox and we cant play with their toys unless given permission regardless of the amount of effort and RP that has been put in.

- My final comment for now is that the server performance seems to be getting worse day by day. I went from being able to have Quant and NVE and my game looking beautiful while still having a decent frame rate to now turning those shaders off and playing Microsoft PowerPoint in most areas of the server. Now I'm not entirely sure how to solve this as this seems like a more backend thing that I have no clue about. However an idea I've had is to maybe spread out some of the businesses/MLO's in the central city as it seems from AE down to Legion square is where I myself am affected worse.

I would encourage others to bring their suggestions forward not just for what I have said here but to add onto it in terms of issues they are facing and what they think can be done to improve the experience for everyone. I would like to avoid the finger pointing and the usual police V crim debate as that has been had many times and never leads to any change.

RPUK 2.0

- Re write all the drug scripts - make it worth making other drugs - make it less easy to just grind coke all day
- Launch a few new civ jobs - progression? Rep based pay?
- Increase petty crime activity (ATM robberies, boosting, better racing, House robberies, Mugging NPCs)
- Bring back turf map colours - IDC about realism this caused people to go explore out of intrigue and increased interactions
- If gangs die, take them off the people running it and give newer people a shot at it - too many gangs sitting inactive knowing they can go back in 2/3 months for a war and just play again
- Restrict the access of guns more, it used to be that only pistols made it onto the streets but now everyone just sells everything, the gun plug isnt as sacred as it used to be
- make QOL updates maybe a new UI etc
- RESET everything, who cares about continuity the economy is broken, its unrealistic everyone is rich. who cares if people have to start again at least they have purpose.
+1
Especially for that lovely colour on the map.

made a drugs thread, plenty of upvotes and nowt has changed, it’s pointless people! Just wait for GTA 6, stop flogging a dead horse!

RPUK 2.0

- Re write all the drug scripts - make it worth making other drugs - make it less easy to just grind coke all day
- Launch a few new civ jobs - progression? Rep based pay?
- Increase petty crime activity (ATM robberies, boosting, better racing, House robberies, Mugging NPCs)
- Bring back turf map colours - IDC about realism this caused people to go explore out of intrigue and increased interactions
- If gangs die, take them off the people running it and give newer people a shot at it - too many gangs sitting inactive knowing they can go back in 2/3 months for a war and just play again
- Restrict the access of guns more, it used to be that only pistols made it onto the streets but now everyone just sells everything, the gun plug isnt as sacred as it used to be
- make QOL updates maybe a new UI etc
- RESET everything, who cares about continuity the economy is broken, its unrealistic everyone is rich. who cares if people have to start again at least they have purpose.
10000% agree.

Back