What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Body Armour Changes

adaco

Elite
Elite Donator
Brief Summary:
I am suggesting that body armour on the server is changed

Detailed Suggestion:
What I am suggesting is that body armour is only removed or damaged when a player is hit by gunshots.

I believe that armour should not affect the player when they fall over, fall off bikes or are in a vehicle crash.

In my personal opinion, I think it makes sense that body armours health only decreases when impacted by bullets.
I'm sure I speak for all players who wear body armour here when I say it is extremely annoying to have to put a new body armour on after you tackle someone or get tackled (or any of the other examples I provided above) as it means you go through the body armour you are carrying fairly quickly. Although this to me (and many others) this isn't really a problem, I also think overall as I've previously mentioned, I think it just makes sense that body armour is only affected/damaged by impacts of bullets and possibly knives, bottles ect.

With this change, I think the price of body armour may possibly increase as I think people will buy less body armour due to them not having to use as much. People may also carry less body armour, meaning they have more space in their pockets for other items.

(EDIT - Further addition to suggestion)
Also with this change, like helmet armour, body armour would be removed from the player upon the player going down (basically, body armour would be the same as helmet armour in terms of only being damaged by bullets, with the possible addition of bladed melee weapons)

The Pros:
QOL change for body armour.

The Cons:
Time to code

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ? No.

Last edited:
I fear this would make hunting even more dead than it already is, as well as the park ranger activity being low. While I understand where you come from and I'd love to see the change because ATM body armor is like a shield basically, I don't think it's a viable change meta wise.

I fear this would make hunting even more dead than it already is, as well as the park ranger activity being low. While I understand where you come from and I'd love to see the change because ATM body armor is like a shield basically, I don't think it's a viable change meta wise.
I've never done hunting so I'm not clued up on it, but how would body armour change hunting? If its regarding the gathering and sale of leather, believe me, that wouldn't slow down, especially with the amount of gangs shooting each other and the police these days. If thats not the point tho, please enlighten me. Cheers.

I've never done hunting so I'm not clued up on it, but how would body armour change hunting? If its regarding the gathering and sale of leather, believe me, that wouldn't slow down, especially with the amount of gangs shooting each other and the police these days. If thats not the point tho, please enlighten me. Cheers.
Yeah that's what I meant. I mean, there's a shortage already but I don't know what it will do in regards to the market. I'm down for finding out but idk if staff are up to changing that meta like that.

Yeah that's what I meant. I mean, there's a shortage already but I don't know what it will do in regards to the market. I'm down for finding out but idk if staff are up to changing that meta like that.
If that is the case and people don't hunt, that's a different issue that needs looking at - that being the state of the Park Rangers (pay, items received from the job etc).

desync has cost my crim more in armour than he's spent on smoothies (slight exaggeration) +1

I mean desync will then cost more lifes and health supplies. You have to carry more health stuff in exchange.

I mean desync will then cost more lifes and health supplies. You have to carry more health stuff in exchange.
I don't think I know anyone who has lost all of their armour of a car crash where they haven't came flying out the vehicle. The only way you will lose all your armour is if you do come out the vehicle, meaning you either don't have your seat belt on on you're travelling at speeds above 140/150mph :ROFLMAO:

Health/medical supplies available to the general players (bandages, rapid clots and packing bandages) are also significantly cheaper than a plate of armour.

Idk body armor saved me many times when ive come off my bike, maybe double the yeild when crafting (gives you 2 rather than 1 armor) and lower the price in amunation would be a solution?

This is likely slightly moving away from the suggestion at hand, but the armour & leather market is in a bit of a pickle at the moment. There aren’t enough hunters around, therefore the price of leather has risen up from £350 per piece (12 months ago) to around £700 per piece, whilst the price people are willing to pay for armour has mainly stayed the same (£1.2 to 1.4k).

Why’s there no hunters? Likely as it’s not worth it compared to other jobs, robberies and the restrictions on becoming a hunter based on criminal records.

For the most part, the people who produce armour to use themselves likely aren’t too bothered by the market changes as it’s still cheaper than buying it from amunation. However for those who produce it to sell/supply others, the profit margin is not worth the time it takes to make and for the most part, it is only being continued as a way of keeping relations.

To give a little insight, we as a group have produced around 22,000 pieces of armour since January 2024 amounting around £25m in revenue, of which only £4m is profit.

Can this be fixed in RP? We’ve tried, but it requires a lot of people to come to mutual agreements, of which many aren’t that bothered about due to the reasons above.

Back to the suggestion, I agree that this makes sense only to be damaged by shots/melee, +1, however I would be concerned that this would reduce the amount of armour needed, reducing the market value even more.

I always thought that Armor also protected one from the dmg of a fall of any kind (tackle, bike accident and everything else that isn`t a gunshot). I cant count how many times an Armor piece has saved me from going to Pillbox. Imagen not having Armor and taking a fall of a Bike. How many people will be waking up in Paleto due to accidents were an Armor could have soaked a lot of the dmg.

I always thought that Armor also protected one from the dmg of a fall of any kind (tackle, bike accident and everything else that isn`t a gunshot). I cant count how many times an Armor piece has saved me from going to Pillbox. Imagen not having Armor and taking a fall of a Bike. How many people will be waking up in Paleto due to accidents were an Armor could have soaked a lot of the dmg.
If anything this sort of thing might make people value their lives, put on helmets (They do have benefits in game due to how GTA works) and not drive at 160mph everywhere, i'm all for this change honestly, the issue behind it I believe is the scripting and due to how GTA/FiveM works, bodyarmour acts as a sort of 2nd health bar per-se (Even in GTA:O) so it's a bit ehhhh, if it's do-able and the suggestion is approved it'll change the game entirely both in RP and from a meta perspective, I've thought this through a bit and i'm gonna give it a +1

Idk body armor saved me many times when ive come off my bike, maybe double the yeild when crafting (gives you 2 rather than 1 armor) and lower the price in amunation would be a solution?
A point made in the suggestion that armour will no longer help you when you fall over, come of your back or get in a car crash was made because;
A. I think overall it just makes sense that body armour is only effected by physical impacts, those being bullets and possibly pointed melee weapons.
B. People will be more cautious when riding bikes and driving cars.

Now I understand that coming off your bike or getting into a car accident isn't always your fault, but it will still make players be more cautious and drive 'safer'. Now if you want to carry on and drive at 160+ or go offloading doing back flips on bikes (which I do btw) then you can, just with added risk.

Overall I just think it makes sense and is a QOL update, in which players wont have to continuously apply body armour even after slightly ragdolling. This issue for me isn't the availability/stock of body armour, the suggestion was just more changing it because I believe it makes sense and as also previously mentioned, just a slight QOL updated.

My response to Jeep basically covers this, people would have to be more cautious when it comes to riding bikes.

Another suggestion that could follow up this one would maybe be that wearing a helmet protects you a bit more (similar to the effect armour has now) than if you don't have one on. This also further opens up and avenue of RP with the police pulling over bikers for not wearing helmets etc.

Back