What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Bad police RP Rant. Sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeebaah

First of all Iam still a bit new to the server and i really like it because of the level of RP from both rebels and NHS, and normally police also (I try to be legal so i dont have much communication with them)

How ever the other day i got kidnapped together with some random hobo. we were driven out in the middel of nowhere and i was told that if i do not shoot him, i will get shot my self. they give me a gun and i then shoot him.
Today at server restart i run to the kavala police station to turn my self in and here i meet PCSO @Juan Martinez I tell him that i might be wanted for murdere and tell him my name. he looks it up and yes im wanted. then i try to explain what has happened but he just wants me to go out of the police station, so i follow him outside.

there he just asks me to put up my hands (I comply)
puts me in a police car and sends me to prison for 6 years.

I'm not wanted any compensation, or him off the police force as I dont really care about being sent to prison. but i think that he atleast should had listened to me explaining what had happened. then decide if he wanted to belive my story or not.
And im unaware if this is just the normal way of the police handling such offends, if so i belive it should be changed

Im sorry about this rant. but I felt like I need to get it out.

only fun part about this was when i got out of prison I saw two officers who had just pulled over a truck complaining about how they drove. they get sent off with a warning. i try to ask the officers about this incident but they just state that they are busy and has to go. then they hit me!?! they do however, say sorry come back nurse me back to health before they once again drives off.

This seems to be an isolated incident and would be to do with the fact that the officer in question is a PCSO and is therefore in training; this officer doesn't know the police handbook or procedures properly at this point.

If you have video evidence of the officer breaking any police rules then you can put up a PCC or you can probably talk to a member of academy and show them the video, to which they can ensure that he is tested more vigorously and given support in the areas to which he had failed.

The police are a whitelisted faction and therefore provide high quality roleplay; however just because you give them a story it doesn't mean they HAVE to believe it. They are the law, see your story from their perspective and you can see why they may not believe you. Obviously you cannot prove to them this happened (you being forced to shoot someone).

Next time, to avoid any unneeded comments from 3rd parties approach the officer directly on teamspeak and speak to a superior if possible and necessary.

Last edited by a moderator:
As I know he dont have to belive me, thats all up to him but he should atleast let me explain, as i already wrote

I dont really care about being sent to prison. but i think that he atleast should had listened to me explaining what had happened. then decide if he wanted to belive my story or not.
Im glad to hear that you belive it to be an isolated incident and that he is in traning, as this could explain it.

So far i do not record any gameplay but maybe i should start doing so, probably not for reporting, but for showing the great RP i normally meet at the servers

So sir unfortunetally when you were trying to talk i couldn't hear what you were saying because your microphone was really low. I was not trying to do bad rp or something like that and i apologise. And i cant remember you trying to explain anything. I have a recording that i can give of the incident. Many thanks and sorry for being mean to you in any way

As a member of the police force, i can say sometimes we don't have time to get into deep rp like when we have a gunfight going on. but as Samatlewis said you can always make a formal complaint if you feel the need to.

So sir unfortunetally when you were trying to talk i couldn't hear what you were saying because your microphone was really low. I was not trying to do bad rp or something like that and i apologise. And i cant remember you trying to explain anything. I have a recording that i can give of the incident. Many thanks and sorry for being mean to you in any way
No need for a video, I never belived you intented to do bad rp or anything.  i know my micrphone at the moment aint the best and im waiting for a new already, but usually people can hear what i say or ask me to repeat it once.

But i still think that you should had asked about the incident of the shootings, if I dont tell it my self. I guess people who turn thhem self in, wants the story to be known :)

As a member of the police force, i can say sometimes we don't have time to get into deep rp like when we have a gunfight going on. but as Samatlewis said you can always make a formal complaint if you feel the need to.
This was less than a min after restart, the entire police force was spawning there. No way they could be that busy already
i tried before restart but gunfight at kavala made that impossible. no complaints there

I know that i dont need to post any video. As someone told already i am in training and i am not really keen on the police procedures. So i have to apologise to you. I also said that i only gave you 6 years because you came to us and told us. I dont want to be rude or something but i think that all this wasn't necessary if you wanted to talk about i could have just explained everything ingame from messages or through teamspeak. Anyways...
I apologise.

What the honest fuck are you on about?

Deep RP would be to go to the "crime scene" to investigate further with the "victim" or something along those lines.

All the OP was talking about being hurried to prison without his chance of explaining why he was wanted,(something that doesn't have to take more than 5min). The gunfight can wait 5min

Glad to see people still would rather rush to a gunfight with their mk20c's than have a chat with a civilian trying to talk to you.

I know that i dont need to post any video. As someone told already i am in training and i am not really keen on the police procedures. So i have to apologise to you. I also said that i only gave you 6 years because you came to us and told us. I dont want to be rude or something but i think that all this wasn't necessary if you wanted to talk about i could have just explained everything ingame from messages or through teamspeak. Anyways...
I apologise.
I'm sorry but I think you might have misunderstood me.

youre first post is for me great and explained what happened and why. No hard feelings there or anything. The last part was more as tip for next time someone comes telling you they might be wanted.

but I'm sorry if it came out differently. 

I would had had contacted you ingame but first when I logged out I realized I had a screenshot of you sending me to jail. I took it for sending it to a friend just to show him that I'm in jail. Also as I wrote to the one you was on patrole with I only tagged you to hear you're reason of doing what you did as you did.

Hello @Zeebaah,

I have read over this post and there is a few points to bring up regarding this. As Samat mentioned the officer in question is PCSO. This is one of the training ranks within Altis police force. 

Going into the Murder charge. Most officers would look for the roleplay around the charge for example going to an officer and saying 'Hey i'm wanted for murder, yes i shot him'. This would be a bad example of what to say to get out of a charge. Now with this charge per say you could claim self defence and explain the situation fully for example 'I was out hunting some rabbits around Altis news and I heard what sounded was a gunshot. I then shot into the direction and killed someone'. This would be a good example to try and get out of it with a ticket.

Now going into the charges it would depend on how many 'Murder' charges you had against you, however as per the police handbook a murder charge is Prison however it is subject to the officers discression depending on the level of roleplay given at that time.

In some situations you are able to talk to the officer on teamspeak in the police/rebel liasion rooms. This is a great place to talk about situaitions if you do feel as if you was treated unfairly or you think the officer broke police rules, Another way to go is the PCC as Samat mentioned. You are welcome to make a report there as it is a Public police complains forum listed below.

https://www.roleplay.co.uk/forum/66-police-complaints-commission/

Hope this answer helps regarding this situation.

Edit: Deleting own post. Samatlewis is correct, not a good place for the discussion. My bad, the comments may have triggered me a bit. 

*insert triggered meme*

@Julie Cel unless something has been said in teamspeak ( a superior talking to said blueberry) regarding the situation, then there's not a lot to be said. If the police command/academy actioned on  heresay every time someone said that cop x did this without evidence then no one would be learning anything.

Additionally this forum post wouldn't be the place to 'tell off' anyone, as having a public unofficial 'complaint' about anyone is already punishment enough if people are going to believe it.

@Julie Cel I was not rushing to go and shoot no one. I had plenty of time to talk with this gentelman but i was not able to hear him speaking. I have been in the police for 2 weeks and i try to be as kind and friendly as i can. I didn't abandoned him and i said that he turned him self in by coming to the PD and telling me that he is wanted for murder. Thats why i gave him a lower time in prison.I never said that he said that he is turning himself in. As i know and the people that know me i am not a bad Roleplayer. I apologised 3 times already. I wanted to be friendly but i didn't have the chance. So the next time we meet in game i will give him the RP i've been giving to every single player i have met so far. The highest quality RP i can.

What the honest fuck are you on about?

Deep RP would be to go to the "crime scene" to investigate further with the "victim" or something along those lines.

All the OP was talking about being hurried to prison without his chance of explaining why he was wanted,(something that doesn't have to take more than 5min). The gunfight can wait 5min

Glad to see people still would rather rush to a gunfight with their mk20c's than have a chat with a civilian trying to talk to you.
I would allways take the roleplay over gunfight but if there is a chance of civilian casualtys aka kavala drug dealer that will allways take priority  

If needs be @Juan Martinez @Zeebaah this issue can be discussed in a private channel in TeamSpeak with an Academy Member present. If you would like this to help resolve this issue please contact me on TeamSpeak.

DSGT James Travers,

Academy Constabulary.

We have just discussed the issue at TS, both agreeing about was happened was due to miscomunications due to alot of officers joining in at the pd talking, a YR interupting us and a bad microphone on my part. mistakes by both sides.

And to make it clear for all. THERE WAS NO GUN FIGHT  

Also i would like to make it clear for all that i did not make the post to complain about his eventho it might be looking like it, sorry about that @Juan Martinez
I only did it to know if it was common practice by police, and Samatlewis already said that it is not.

I tagged Juan for the sole reason of getting his side, but maybe i should had left his name out...

Iam still new to the community but i now know that next time i should get the hang on him at TS first. Sorry about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back