What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Altis Life UK Meetup 2015 - Have your say!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilco

The King
Legendary Donator
Early thoughts are we will be having our meetup in June/July 2015, The thought about actually meeting players and people i have been speaking to for many months (some upto 12 months nearly) daily blows my mind and its something that at last needs to be done!

This thread is to get your thoughts of what we should do, where we should meet.

There are a few things that need to be thought about

1. We need to keep in mind there will be people under 18 so for everyone who wants to go get pissed up and sing bad karaoke / goto a club all night long can still happen but we need to think this out what can be done in the daytime.

2. Travelling, Some people are in Europe and beyond so we need a place that has good transport links by Air, train and sea and also one that is central to the entire UK or a place everyone is happy to goto... Early thoughts are London is too expensive for accommodation/ to get to/ to get pissed up for everyone, Birmingham has been mentioned.

3. Trouble makers... Yes unfortunately this is the internet and people with a crazy mind-frame sometimes decide to take things offline, Although i and a few others can snap someone back into line i am not meeting up to get arrested and cannot be held responsible so we will have a if your there to cause trouble you will be asked to leave or the Police will be called approach.

Anyway welcome to hear your thoughts and get a indication of numbers.

One of my crazy thoughts was Leeds/Reading festival creating a mini/huge Altis Life UK camp site and partying for a couple of days.... but that can be expensive and messy for all!

For those who don't know what Reading/Leeds is: (Reason i suggest this is accommodation/any amount of numbers/drinking and partying all rolled into one!)which is happening on the 28th to 30th of August

Last edited by a moderator:
American=Expensive  :(

Edit: Saw Metallica. I need my tax refund and a long term financial plan.

Heres my Edit: Tickets are already on sale and priced like this

Weekend Ticket: £213

Early Entry Pass £20

Weekend Car Park Pass £10/20

Camping information here - http://www.readingfestival.com/information/camping-information

Told you it was expensive!!!... but thats 2 days of meeting some good people, getting pissed up and a time you will never forget!

And for the people travelling from outside the UK no doubt cheaper accommodation if you bring a tent!

I do believe acts go on to midnight and then the silent tent opens...

silent.jpg

Where it looks like you can find lots of questionable age women! lol

Age Restrictions

No unaccompanied under 16’s. 

Anyone under 16 must be accompanied by a ticket holder over 18 years old. Under 13 (12 and under) are admitted free but MUST be accompanied by a ticket holding adult.

ID MAY BE REQUIRED UPON ENTRY TO THE EVENT.

We have a Challenge 21 Policy on site and from October 2013 the following are accepted as ID on site for the bars and cigarettes –

1. A passport
2. An EU photocard driving licence
3. A proof of age card bearing a PASS hologram
4. A Ministry of Defence identity card
5. A National Identity card issued by an EU member state.

If you don’t have any of these, or don’t want to lose valuable documents on site, we suggest that you apply for a PASS approved ID, some of which are free to get.  Go to –  www.pass-scheme.org.uk/for-young-people/national-card-suppliers/

Please bring ID if you are lucky enough to look under 21 years old and remember that legally there is no automatic right to be served alcohol. Service is always at the discretion of the licensee for whatever reason he or she decides, and the licensee is under no obligation to explain the reason.

Sounds Great and would love to Go 

but I don't fancy the 15 hour Journey boat and car drive down to Reading :p

Great Plan tho!

Sounds Great and would love to Go 

but a I don't fancy the 15 hour Journey boat and car drive down to Reading :p
Ryanair flight into one of the many airports and train to reading cannot be that expensive if booked way ahead surely ? :)

Its only a suggestion at this point, There are of course alot of scottish players in the same boat

I was already planning to meet a particular person from this community in England and might as well meet you all crazy people. Be warned, if you accidentally end up wich a peach in your hand.. It wasn't me.

Ryanair flight into one of the many airports and train to reading cannot be that expensive if booked way ahead surely ? :)

Its only a suggestion at this point, There are of course alot of scottish players in the same boat
Indeed will need to look into it further at some point but just had a quick look and its still gonna be a good few hundred  just to get close to reading. one of the downsides of living on a small island! :)  

Of course, still a good idea.

From an economical standpoint, places like Gatwick or Manchester would be beneficial, seeing as those two airports alone accommodate easyJet, Ryanair & Norwegian (and that's just mentioning the low-cost carriers).

I read something about Birmingham.

Scandinavia --> Birmingham = SAS.

SAS = RIP money.

SAS = Fuck SAS. 'nuff said.

I didn't read the comments, so no idea if Birmingham has already been taken off the table.. But ehm, pretty please?  :cookiexmas:

Just say when and where and I'll book the time off work and travel there! I think it would be awesome!

You lost me at camping...
Its not for everyone, I havent gone camping in 18 years!... Its not a 5 star hotel which i usually go for but having a number of "tins" getting cidered up and hitting the tent im sure i wont even care!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back