What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Wilco - New Build Time! (On Hold)

I might still be using it... all depends on these new chips/motherboard and prices

I wont ever go with AMD... just an intelfanman lol

We have started the build thanks to GP. Lharmon for buying me the ram from my wishlist! Much appreicated and you are now part of the WilcoMAAACHINE2k15+!
Giving the medics a good name ;).

I know little about building PCs. I was planning on building one with the help of @lionel , but I decided I'd upgrade my current build. With my limited knowledge, here are my suggestions:

Case: I like the NZXT h440 or fractal design cases because they look very cool. However, some say they are bad due to the fact that they don't have any front ventilation, but that shouldn't affect the build too much. People say that black is starting to be the new white now.

GPU: In the future you could upgrade to a 980 Ti, or get a second 980 if you want to look super cool :p.

Monitors: Looks good, wish I had them :p. Perhaps a Gsync monitor in the future? :p.

Everything else looks good - hopefully you don't encounter any problems with it.

@Wilco the skylake prices have just been announced, 319 USD for the i7 6700k the current 4790k retails at 339 USD, so we can expect a similar 7% price drop here. 269 GBP for the 4790k so hopefully around 250GBP launch price.

EDIT: People are now crying these leaked prices are BS and suggesting a 25% increase on the current 4790k would be more likely.

Last edited by a moderator:
nvm this, read wrong

Rumoured to be 250, I highly doubt it... Wouldn't be surprised if it came in at 300...

All will be revealed on Thursday just as I go to work for 2 weeks :'( 

So about £250 for the skylake i7 6700k ?

mmmmm
I might need to find my self a cheap ticket to the states to rebuild my PC...

What motherboard did you go with?

and 269 is an amazing deal.... time to go shopping

Edit: I think its time for a black and white build...
2592947-l-c.jpg

I haven't yet, still looking into this

Decided this week to stick with the same case i have now (White Corsair 600T), i am going to order some new fans and when the current mobo is out etc give it a full maintenance clean etc, The power supply i still have is good so all i need is the mobo / cpu / cpu cooler / DDR 4 ram once that's all sorted i will then turn my attention to a 980ti

Overall will work out cheaper and i will get less stick from the missus!

I haven't yet, still looking into this

Decided this week to stick with the same case i have now (White Corsair 600T), i am going to order some new fans and when the current mobo is out etc give it a full maintenance clean etc, The power supply i still have is good so all i need is the mobo / cpu / cpu cooler / DDR 4 ram once that's all sorted i will then turn my attention to a 980ti

Overall will work out cheaper and i will get less stick from the missus!
I'll probably get that motherboard(Above), with the gigabyte 980ti G1 (Sort of a grey/white accented one) and a h100i GTX(Or spend some of the new car fund on a lan-li DK-03 custom loop and shine stuff...). Not sure if you've read much about it but heading towards the really high clock rate memory there tends to be issues with the chipset memory controllers (With previous chipset) anything up to and approaching 3000Mhz was temperamental, No one has said much about the Z170 it is the second attempt at a DDR4 compatible chipset but is meant to be a enthusiast grade chipset rather than the overkill of the 2011 socket chipsets(Which didn't work that well). So I don't really know what to expect from it, but I'm sure we will find out in the coming days. 

Because I clearly lack all the pc knowledge of you guys and not a chance on earth could I build one. Is there a good companies that I can select the parts and get them to build it for me?  I have been rolling with Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3401 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s) (I copy & pasted) lol.  But I'm not feeling the love anymore.

6th generation pushes the right buttons for me, so please.  If anyone has time, could someone recommend UK company's for me.  :)

P.S, sorry to jump on your post Wilco, I should have made my own, but by the time I thought about that, I wrote all this lol.

dabs.com

ebuyer.com

amazon.co.uk

overclockers.co.uk

scan.co.uk

novatech.co.uk

I have used all these companys in the past and all are very good!, Shop around for the best prices

I wouldn't bother upgrading from the 4770, you won't notice much difference other than a dent in your bank account...

I like the idea of building it with my selected parts and not an alien ware.  Plus its a little noisy. 

Thanks for the sites Wilco

I suggest you replace the Mx2 thermal paste with Mx4, on your amazon list, the CPU you want runs rather hot and Mx4 is much better suited for it!

Back