What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Wilco - New Build Time! (On Hold)

Wilco

The King
Legendary Donator
On Hold! - Awaiting release of the i7 6700k before proceeding!

So its time! 

I am know some of you are aware, I returned to work last month back to a company i was previously with for 7 / nearly 8 years and I have been saving some of my weekly paychecks and I am ready to finally lay the i7 2600k and GTX 780 to rest RIP!

We have started the build thanks to GP. Lharmon for buying me the ram from my wishlist! Much appreicated and you are now part of the WilcoMAAACHINE2k15+!

If anyone else wants to contribute and be part of the WilcoMAAACHINE2K15+ my wishlist is here http://www.amazon.co.uk/registry/wishlist/AIM71QZOQT4W

I welcome any comments and if you think i should replace any parts with something else... at the moment there is no defined budget ... and i might have to delay the full launch/purchase of it by a few weeks but not looking for a massively expensive build like some other peoples!

I will be building it fully myself, Apart from my first windows 3.1 machine every machine i have had i have built and my current 2600k is housed in a nice white limited edition corsair 600t but i like there new case

Parts:

Processor: Intel Core i7 i7-4790K CPU (Quad Core 4GHz, Socket H3 LGA-1150)

Motherboard: Mod 1150 ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Hero ATX Motherboard

Ram: Corsair CMY16GX3M2A2400C11R Vengeance Pro Series 16GB RED (Thanks @GP. Lharmon )

PSU: EVGA Super NOVA 850W PC Power Supply - Gold

Case: Corsair CC-9011059-WW 780T Graphite Series Windowed Full Tower ATX Gaming Case with LED Fan for PC - White

GPU: EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 Superclocked Graphics Card (4GB, GDDR5, PCI Express 3.0)

CPU Cooling: Corsair 120mm Hydro Series H80i Digital High Performance Rad All-In-One Liquid CPU Cooler

Screens: I will be keeping my dual Asus 144mhz screen setup for all those interested heres a link: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Asus-VG248QE-24-inch-LED-Monitor/dp/B00B19T7QC/ref=sr_1_6?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1438461013&sr=1-6&keywords=144hz+gaming+monitor

Any comments welcome! Will keep updating this here as prices and my mind changes and will post pictures on the day the build starts :)

Excited!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Could have gone for a better looking case in my opinion ;)  nice build though! :D  
Well these are kind of the comments i need but with links.... what case would you have went for ?

Of course when it comes to cases its all about personal taste but i am looking for any options... this is pretty much phase 1 :)

Pfft... come on... at least get 2 980's xD

Pretty similar to my current build actually, and this thing is a beast... should run everything you can think of completely fine at max settings ;)

Pfft... come on... at least get 2 980's xD

Pretty similar to my current build actually, and this thing is a beast... should run everything you can think of completely fine at max settings ;)
I can with my current setup too... but with some things like 30 chrome windows / arma 3 and 10 photoshop windows open it tends to struggle...

I wont be going with SLI to start with, keeping the cost down! .... i do get that feeling i forgot something important tho, and its not the HD or SSD's as they will be coming over to the new build :)

I'll agree with the case comment. I think the Corsair series looks absolutely fantastic - I've got the 650D myself, but would recommend the Corsair 750D any day.

If I were you I would scrap the 980 (and the idea of SLI), and simply go with the 980 Ti. It's a beast of a card. Especially in ASUS' STRIX model, it simply is (imho) unbeatable.

Well these are kind of the comments i need but with links.... what case would you have went for ?

Of course when it comes to cases its all about personal taste but i am looking for any options... this is pretty much phase 1 :)
Fractal Design Define R5

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fractal-Design-Define-Window-Panel/dp/B00Q2Z1AYC/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1438462865&sr=8-3&keywords=fractal+r5+window

NZXT H440 Mid Tower Case with Side Window

http://www.amazon.co.uk/NZXT-H440-Tower-Window-Quiet/dp/B00HVZIXDI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1438462854&sr=8-2&keywords=h440

Why don't you go for a 980TI? Only a bit more expensive, and it has a lot more power, it's worth it imo!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Ok... there are some sways to the 980TI... that will put the build back a few weeks but adding it to the shopping list, thanks for the suggestions, just did the usual VS search on youtube and google and i see your point!

I would wait a few weeks for skylake, boards have been released with DDR3 & DDR4 slots... thats just me though

someone always puts a spanner in the works... 

skylake ? that sounds a new level of expensive... or maybe a reduction in price in my shopping list mmmmm

someone always puts a spanner in the works... 

skylake ?
The new Intel processors coming out soon, I'm waiting for them to come out until I buy a processor!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

it is the new series of intel processors, 6700k would be the new i7 series, I am personally waiting for it. It will be slightly more expensive than the current i7 model although nowhere near the 2011 socket. It will give you the option to use DDR4 rather than be stuck with DDR3

(There are boards released with dual DDR3/4 boards so you can use your kindly purchased RAM)

Yeah the 2011 socket is expensive! 

Any news on the release date ?... i would like to see prices and if it has any effect on the current prices of the i7 4790k and motherboards

Oh then i will need to wait! ... putting a on hold in the title of this topic lol

Thanks for letting me know i am glad i created this topic now

Here I am with my €180 AMD FX-8350... It's alot cheaper than spending ~€300 on an Intel, no?

Edit: Can I buy your GTX 780 if your not using it anymore? :)

Back