What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

when i buy a rebal licence...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DI Arc Neon

hey,

will i lose it when i die or get arrested ?

and if this happens, how long for the admins to replace it ?

also, is this all attached to my steam account ? so u can find me easy..

sorry, new here.

Ben

You won't lose the rebel license if you die, but if you get sent to jail, yes, your rebel licence will be taken away. Consider it that the Rebels never quite trust someone who's been staying 'at the pleasure of her Majesty' for long... you might have turned stoolie... so you'll have to prove you're still sound, and buy your way back in.

You will also automatically lose any (civil) gun licence and basic driving licence, regardless of your crime. Likewise any drug training/licences will also be stripped away. You're sewing mailbags now, matey, and your crack-making days are over - for now, at least!

If you get jailed with an outstanding warrant for vehicular manslaughter, you will also lose all other forms of driving license too (i.e. air, truck and boat). The consideration is that if you're a convicted vehicle-killer, the State doesn't want you in the sky, on water, or in a huge monster truck any more than it wants you in a car, so 'Shanks's Pony' will be your mode of transport for the foreseeable. Or until you buy a new licence, at least!

Similarly, licences can get revoked immediately as a result of in-game actions. If you are a civilian (not a cop, basically) and kill someone with a vehicle, you'll lose ALL vehicular licenses; if you kill someone with a gun, you'll lose your civilian gun license (but not your rebel licence). You'll also end up on the wanted list for those crimes, either way (even if you are a rebel).

If you're wanted at the time of your death, and you're killed by cops, they'll receive a bounty and your wanted status is removed. If you're killed by another civ (not a cop) whilst you're wanted, no bounty for them, but your wanted status will be gone before you respawn, just the same.

We at AltisLife.Co.UK do NOT currently implement the inbuilt Altis Life option to automatically punish people who die whilst wanted and remove their driving, drug and rebel licenses... we're not that harsh! Yet! :)

Hope this explains all you needed to know about licences! Good luck out there. Moral is... stay out of jail, stay off the wanted list - or never get caught! ;)

hahaha, perfect advice.

just 500k, if you get caught.... fuck thats alot of money.

just yesturday, i got stunned, handcuffed, seached and left in the road to get run over by a cop. (i hadnt done anything and was clean) if that happened to me with me rebel L... i would have been very pissed.

It was my understanding that the rebel training loss when going to jail was a bug that is currently being fixed. If this is an actual thing it causes being arrested to never be a viable option. This breaks rp and the players bank severely. I can attest to this as there was an incident where I shot at a cop instead of putting my gun down while doing a form of legal money making to avoid paying a fine for carrying an assault rifle,which now carries a jail time sentence as one of my friends did this earlier and lost training when he was sent to jail after paying the fine and lost his training. Afterward he proceeded to break the law and annoy police,then get thrown in jail three more times within a half an hour to vent his frustration.

Last edited by a moderator:
Doing my best to understand that long sentence, Sov, but I'd be lying if I said I fully got it! LOL. Here... have a few commas and full stops and try again! :) ....,,,,

Anyway, in all seriousness, I'm not sure where you picked up that losing rebel training when thrown in jail "was a bug"... or that it was being fixed. First I've heard of either, so perhaps you picked this up on the streets of Altis rather than from an admin or a developer? The truth is, the original vanilla Altis Life mission-script has this in, as the first action that happens when you are thrown in jail. A script is called (fnc_removeLicenses) that removes all your basic licenses (driver, gun, rebel), and (back in the jail script) all drug licences and any drugs you have on you (processed or unprocessed). Even the optional 'WantedPunish' script (that removes licenses if you die whilst being on the wanted-list) which can be called from 'onDeath' is in Tonic's original code - just commented-out so that it doesn't run. We've not changed this, and probably won't (because that would be a bit hard-ass).

So, no bugs here. Just options, and we're running pretty 'stock'.

The only change we've made on the rebel licence front is the cost - which is currently set at $500,000, because we found that the default cost was too low. It meant access to lethal rifles was far too easy for stupid RDMing idiots that would make a bee-line straight for the Rebel Bases to unlock that kit and create mayhem without RP. Whilst it has not cured RDMers totally (and certainly hasn't stopped people who hack and ass-spawn everything from mines to helicopters from time-to-time), it has definitely reduced the number of low-grade RDMers that think they can abuse rebel status.

As always, solutions are a trade-off. We know that some of the rebs don't like the high costs, and if I'm honest, neither do I - but it does at least mean that the rebels on our server are serious, and heightens the RP because most of them would rather die than go to jail (because it means that they'd lose their rebel license). It ups the ante a bit, and makes it harder for the cops to get an arrest - which is all good clean fun, really. Rebels are not known for their tendency to submit; if they were, they wouldn't be rebels!

Of course, we can change and tweak the system further, in terms of what licences get revoked and when, and what the costs are, etc, and we probably will, but this will most likely depend on feedback from play, and voting, etc. The Admins will handle this - I just bang the keys and make the magic happen (or not) depending on what is asked-for and agreed upon... so keep talking and feeding-back... it really does get read, even if not everybody has the time to pitch in to discuss it.

Thanks both for your questions and input, guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
Doing my best to understand that long sentence, Sov, but I'd be lying if I said I fully got it! LOL. Here... have a few commas and full stops and try again! :) ....,,,,

Anyway, in all seriousness, I'm not sure where you picked up that losing rebel training when thrown in jail "was a bug"... or that it was being fixed. First I've heard of either, so perhaps you picked this up on the streets of Altis rather than from an admin or a developer? The truth is, the original vanilla Altis Life mission-script has this in, as the first action that happens when you are thrown in jail. A script is called (fnc_removeLicenses) that removes all your basic licenses (driver, gun, rebel), and (back in the jail script) all drug licences and any drugs you have on you (processed or unprocessed). Even the optional 'WantedPunish' script (that removes licenses if you die whilst being on the wanted-list) which can be called from 'onDeath' is in Tonic's original code - just commented-out so that it doesn't run. We've not changed this, and probably won't (because that would be a bit hard-ass).

So, no bugs here. Just options, and we're running pretty 'stock'.

The only change we've made on the rebel licence front is the cost - which is currently set at $500,000, because we found that the default cost was too low. It meant access to lethal rifles was far too easy for stupid RDMing idiots that would make a bee-line straight for the Rebel Bases to unlock that kit and create mayhem without RP. Whilst it has not cured RDMers totally (and certainly hasn't stopped people who hack and ass-spawn everything from mines to helicopters from time-to-time), it has definitely reduced the number of low-grade RDMers that think they can abuse rebel status.

As always, solutions are a trade-off. We know that some of the rebs don't like the high costs, and if I'm honest, neither do I - but it does at least mean that the rebels on our server are serious, and heightens the RP because most of them would rather die than go to jail (because it means that they'd lose their rebel license). It ups the ante a bit, and makes it harder for the cops to get an arrest - which is all good clean fun, really. Rebels are not known for their tendency to submit; if they were, they wouldn't be rebels!

Of course, we can change and tweak the system further, in terms of what licences get revoked and when, and what the costs are, etc, and we probably will, but this will most likely depend on feedback from play, and voting, etc. The Admins will handle this - I just bang the keys and make the magic happen (or not) depending on what is asked-for and agreed upon... so keep talking and feeding-back... it really does get read, even if not everybody has the time to pitch in to discuss it.

Thanks both for your questions and input, guys.
How about adding an additional license for rebel weapons. which cost a bit less and requires rebel training to buy. remove the "rebel weapon license" when you go to jail instead if the rebel training. set the cost of a new rebel weapon license to about 75k, and keep rebel training at 500k. since the pricing is mostly for RDM reasons anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back