What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Wheels becoming hexagonal and then game crashing

Traex

Well, this is really annoying. Like I stated in the title, my graphics randomly spazz out (I call this my graphics becoming potato) and everything looks horrendous. My FPS drops to 2-3 and every single object in the game become geometrical objects, and eventually, my screen goes dark and the only way to fix this is to restart my laptop. Does anyone know any solution to this? 

Laptop specs:

NVIDIA GTX880M

32GB DDR3 RAM

INTEL I7 (4th generation) 

PS: I don't have any overheating problems

Last edited by a moderator:
every once in a while, try this

Press the LEFT Shift key + the NUMPAD Minus key together. 

type: flush

Update: The flush thing worked, but the actual thing messing with my graphics was apparently Overwolf. Disabling the in game overlay solved the problem, putting this here in case someone has a similar problem. 

Gratz on fixing the Issue, glad flush helped, And thank you for sharing the full solution. :)

Glad to hear it worked!

In my experience, Overwolf breaks quite a few games for me which is the only reason I don't use it. I think its a useful program but it got to a point where a game I really wanted to play crashed immediately when overwolf was running so I stopped using it. Would always try turning off overwolf if anyone else has similar issues in the future.

Back