What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

What is High Quality RP ?

Ravenzzz

Legendary Donator
Legendary Donator
Straight to the point, what is your definition of "High Quality Roleplay" ?

We often see it in sections like Recommend a Roleplayer, or Unbans/Reports where people mention "High Quality RP". What do you think is high quality RP ? Is it when someone makes you laugh ? Is it someone who actually cries during a sad scenario ? Is it when a group succesfully do a big scenario together eg. Bank Heist ? Is it when people host events that make you have loads of fun ?

Tell us what you think is High Quality Roleplay. Who knows, maybe people can learn from this thread, or spark some creative ideas on new roleplay scenarios :)

For me, high-quality RP is something that's well thought out.
For example, if someone takes me hostage - it's what they do with me. Do they make me plead for my life in a unique way and actually value my RP also, or do they just take my stuff and leave me?

I love unique situations and really random quirky things you don't often see in RP. That to me, is high-quality.

Dwayne Pebble is high quality roleplay!!. I feel like most RP is avarage as not everyone can constantly keep giving HIGH quality roleplay but sometimes depending on the moment/event or people a lot of people do put in the effort so everyone has a good time. But using the things around you, emotes and anumations and /me's makes great RP.

When someone is actually "acting" on the emotions of their character.
And I do like when people use /me's to give more context too.
Even more so when some things are left up to chance. (Like if you put a weapon at the bottom of your inventory, and a few items around it, if someone searched you and let you get away with it, because it was hidden).

- Bonus for making me laugh :)

For me high quality RP is long lasting RP! something that doesn't end within a week or two! it carries on for a month! even if it was a week or two but detailed and fun for all ends of the story Having it come out with laughter and many more potential RP scenarios....

I loved it when I was NHS and getting to deal with a lot of the groups. but seeing how they RP'd there injuries and future pillbox appointments! Same with the police it would be cool to see the police not rush to have a gun fight end to quickly and allow people to take them without hitting there panic button!! I'd love to take a police officer and make him do some kind of fitness test and then leave him outside of MRPD with future RP to happen with that!

So to put it lightly Long lasting RP with a good story behind it all!

Its a good question!

and I'd imagine always a different answer depending who you ask.

I'd say the large defining difference between Good RP and High Quality RP will always be the outcome! The aim at the end of the day is for both parties experiencing the RP is to have a good time.
If you provide Good RP I'd imagine people would enjoy but not remember it, if you provide High Quality RP it will be remembered, spoken about and likely admired by others.

The best roleplay is as follows;

"HANDS HANDS HANDS"
"Drop all your shit"
Bang
"
PUSSIO"
/me Cbops

I'll accept no alternative as the perfect scenario.

I am missing the "Hands up or die" comment!

In my opinion high quality roleplay is the kind where it doesn't matter which side you are on whether winning, losing or just simply enjoying an interraction of any kind with someone its where everyone involved enjoys the interraction between them.

Or your character being quite immersive with their storyline making decisions based on their storyline and roleplaying this in-line with others players.

My thought on high quality RP, is just that, you roleplay, when you choose how you act in a scenario, you do it based on your character, not yourself.

As long as you think "what would (insert character name here) actually do" and then do it, youre doing good RP. If youre a traffic cop, who has heard that the Lost have ambushed cops at a panic, would you charge straight in? If youre a petty criminal who does what he can get away with, would you decide to rob a cop simply to get his stuff, even though thats potentially your life in prison?

Essentially, if what you do would break the immersion if your character was in a movie, then it certainly would break the immersion in RP.

I think for me, its putting a high amount of effort behind what you do,

I aim to do that with any piece of RP that I am doing, and I hope that that in turn makes it enjoyable for those around me

Bringing this back because I really want to know what people think about this. Reading forums, unbans, reports etc, people use the word “High Quality Roleplay” so much I do want to know what people expect from the players.

Can you explain what you think is High Quality Roleplay when you are trying to rob someone/ kidnap someone or kill someone ? What do you think is High Quality Roleplay when you are the one being robbed/ kidnapped/ killed ?

From what I’ve gathered from the forums like recommend a roleplayer section (People being praised for their High Quality RP) and places like unbans and reports, it seems like if someone is funny and makes people laugh, that’s high quality roleplay. If someone is intimidating, aggressive, (eg. gang RP) it’s often seen as poor RP, because no one has fun getting robbed/kidnapped/killed.

For example, getting robbed by a funny guy cosplaying as Mario with a funny accent = High Quality because he’s a funny guy, the interactions are so funny, his jokes are on point. As someone being robbed, the player will “+1” him because it was “class RP”.

And then on the other side, ferocious gangster (grrr insert angy face), very intimidating with a gun to your head, robs you while also threatens to shoot you if you don’t do what he says, tells you to drop everything on the floor, oh you have a gun, definitely drop that first ! And the bullets. Lots of people on the server are crims/ gangs so this guy proceeds to belittle your gang while robbing you, Fuck “ GangNameHere “, so you’re not just gonna stand there and take the humiliation so you retaliate by saying fuck the robbers “GangName” or something similar. You end up getting robbed, as well as killed for your comments and getting “lippy”. That’s not fun for you at all is it? Getting robbed and killed. Is it Low Quality RP ? Do I need to be Mario to rob you ? How should a gang member properly rob/ kidnap/ kill you?

Please share your thoughts !

Last edited:
Hello.

High quality roleplay spans from being able to create a scene in which you are able to bring realism into a game through your character, things like dying on the floor and being helped by the medic with roleplay that matches your injuries, or being arrested and fleeing if you're a criminal and not if you're just a normie.

But it also spans across to things like gang life, now within reality, gangs such as let's say GROVE vs. BALLERS. There would be no communication within real life, they'd likely just shoot each other.

Within roleplay this allows you to make each interaction different, giving people who play here a chance to roleplay something they'd never likely experience in real life.

But this isn't always the case, there are some around that have no interest in the aspects of roleplay and instead feel as though gunfights and trolling is the only way to have fun. (A bit like what it was on Arma.)

However, even with posts of ban appeals and reports for failRP there are always those around that want to enjoy the server for what it's actually for, even if it's interrupted by muppets on occasion. ;3

My views on roleplay are my own etc etc.

Back