What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

View Distance

What do you think we should do with view distance?

• Total voters
This is what I was getting at - having a much higher view distance can give you an unfair advantage at long distance.
i totally agree it will give snipers a massive advantage and thats why im against it even though it would benefit me massively 

I disagree, so you would rather make it the same for everyone?, I would prefer to see everything at its highest capability, lets restrict peoples screen resolution and stop people from having their settings on ultra, get everyone on the lowest spec as its unfair because their PC cant handle it?, you should be able to set it so you can have it however you want, we dont have those issues on Altis so why do we all of a sudden have those issues on exile?
The reason there is an issue regarding view distance on Exile, and not Altislife, is because Exile is an PVE/PVP gamemode where as Altislife is about roleplay.
You don't get an advantage when roleplaying, if you can see 5.000 meters, where as on Exile you would get an advantage by being able to see those distances.

Last time I checked, low graphics contra good graphics doesn't make it much different gameplay wise. Everything looks muddy except the things wich are within 10 meters of you, but do you gain an advantage my having better graphics?
The sniper on the hill will still be visible on low and high settings.

It will turn into a huge sniper fest for a while, then everyone would probably want it back..

Is there a way to change your vote?I regret my choice.

Last edited by a moderator:
It will turn into a huge sniper fest for a while, then everyone would probably want it back..

Is there a way to change your vote?I regret my choice.
I used my vote against your's. Your vote is neutral now thank me later  :Cool:

There is one good thing with a games console (that that it matters) and that they have the same specs and same settings making it a fairer game in that sense only.

I vote for the same distance for all however some potatos can only manage 200/400

I dont mind what the settings are changed to, only as long a they remain changeable to the user. My view settings are normally around 600m as my pc is shit and as I am not looking for combat at distance, I don't require any further then that

Would be nice if we could have an adjustable setting up to a sensible amount to make it balanced for all, perhaps max distance 2-3k?

Please bare in mind that the current serverside 1600 is fair and balanced.

There is one good thing with a games console (that that it matters) and that they have the same specs and same settings making it a fairer game in that sense only.

I vote for the same distance for all however some potatos can only manage 200/400
I mean that's the 2 admins both saying it should be fair and balanced. Why not keep it at the default of 1600 which is already fair and balanced. That let's users put it down if they wish or have difficulties rendering, and gives everyone a fair maximum that they should be capable of?

Voted XXXX.

I'd like to see it with a small increase to 1.8-2k. I hate seeing fog at 1.6k, and feel like the 1.8-2k distance would make a huge difference. It's also not a ridiculous stretch for lower-powered PC's. Finally, I remember reading that the highest effective range on a weapon was 1.6km, meaning sniping at higher than that distance should be a much harder feat.

Pls don't hurt me,

Johnpickle

Back