What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Un-ban Appeal - Foxglove (Unbanned)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxglove

In-game Name
Niall

Steam ID

The date of your ban.
02/24/2016

Member of the team that banned you.
Thesoldier

Reason given for your ban.
VDM - http://www.altislife.co.uk/topic/50081-report-a-player-nla-rick-rdm/

The Server you initially was banned on.
Server 1

In your own words, Please type why you think you was banned
I was banned for, I believe, two reasons:

- There was the assertion that I had initiated the road traffic collision; apparently I was aware of the other player and intentionally attempted to break check them (VDM)
- Given the benefit of the doubt, even if the VDM was not a fault of my own, I still didn't take the necessary steps to report the accident to the authorities and engage in quality roleplay

Why should we unban you.
I want to address the above two points:

- I've uploaded new video evidence (Please watch: https://youtu.be/kUaVeLh126g) which shows the 30 seconds prior to the collision. It is clear that it was extremely unlikely that I was aware there was another driver behind me, especially because the vehicle that crashed into me was driving at night without their lights on... An extremely reckless and dangerous way to drive which proved so when the driver was killed and my car damaged.

- I had no way to report the collision and VDM to the authorities because I was shot shortly after the accident occurred, and due to the NLR period I couldn't call the authorities upon my revival as that would be extremely poor roleplay, this is covered under rule 5.1 of AltisLife.

I'm a new player who is not completely aware of the conventions of AltisLife just yet and I believe I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time in this instance. I enjoy AltisLife and I wish to continue playing, I don't feel my actions during the course of events that led to my ban are indicative of a significant potential to repeat-offend. I hope you'll agree with me.

Cheers,
Niall

Please confirm this unban request is for you.
Yes

I have read and understand the unban appeal process
Yes

Please confirm you understand there is no timeframe for your appeal.
Yes

Before you submit this form please confirm you have fully read the rules click here
Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
This could have all been avoided. Explain how..

I agree - had I made more of an effort to communicate with the player following the accident and come to some sort of a resolution amicably in an informal setting this could have been avoided. I'm not able to tell you why I didn't make that effort, because I honestly don't know... my best guess would be their hostile language and I instinctively wanted to avoid that sort of confrontation but that's not a good enough excuse.

I do, however, know that had I made a mistake. I would have avoided being banned, saved the reportee from being banned and perhaps most importantly better understood their motives for shooting me and what they thought I did wrong. 

This is a very poignant lesson for me, knowing the importance of good communication and common courtesy...  and it's precisely that kind of communication with other players that makes this community thrive. I regret the decision I made not to speak with Rick, and that it got this far - it's a mistake I won't make again.

Are you now aware if the VDM rule? Can you explain this for me?

I am aware of the VDM rule. VDM is when a player uses their vehicle to run somebody over, intentionally collide with other vehicles whether it be in or outside of combat or collide with any object with the intent to cause an explosion.

I maintain that I never intentionally made contact with the other player's vehicle, certainly not in any attempt to cause damage/death but I totally understand how it seemed that way and that ultimately my actions constitute a VDM. I intend to be more cautious of other drivers on the road, practice the operation of a damaged vehicle in a safe environment (not near other players or on a road) and understand how the car handles when different parts are damaged.

Follow the rules going forward

Unbanned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back