What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Un-ban Appeal - [EXP] ChocoRobz (Unbanned: 11/12/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SGT Choco

In-game Name
[Eee Ex Pee] Choco

Steam ID

The date of your ban.

Member of the team that banned you.
Wilco

Reason given for your ban.
EXP Blanket Ban

The Server you initially was banned on.
Server 1

In your own words, Please type why you think you was banned
Some time earlier this year, a few high ranking [EXP] members allegedly advertised their own community/TS on ALUK servers (in-game and/or TS). Because this was seen as a violation of ALUK rules the entire clan was blanket-banned, including those like myself who weren't involved in the drama whatsoever. In fact I technically wasn't even an official clan member, hence my wonky clan tag; I was simply added to the clan system in-game so that we could play together, after my previous clan [Fear] fell apart.

Why should we unban you.
I wasn't ever really involved with these allegations in any way, shape or form... I was just a friend of many members of EXP and wanted to play side-by-side with them.

I was an NHS Medic for a few months and working hard on my next permit and promotion when I suddenly found out I was banned simply for being associated with EXP. Reading through the forums I found Wilco's announcement of the blanket ban and that they would be open to un-ban requests from clan members who weren't involved.

Although I was enraged and to be honest also a bit disappointed at how unprofessionally the whole situation was handled, I decided not to post a goodbye message on the departure topic in which I was going to express my thoughts in a rather raw manner. Instead I took it as an excuse to take a break from ArmA and focus more on my studies at uni.

Now I'm back, and I've decided to post an un-ban appeal in hopes of getting back to serving the community and playing with my online friends and [what I would call] family.

Thank you for your time.

- ChocoRobz

Please confirm this unban request is for you.
Yes

I have read and understand the unban appeal process
Yes

Please confirm you understand there is no timeframe for your appeal.
Yes

Before you submit this form please confirm you have fully read the rules click here
Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
Although I was enraged and to be honest also a bit disappointed at how unprofessionally the whole situation was handled, I decided not to post a goodbye message on the departure topic in which I was going to express my thoughts in a rather raw manner. Instead I took it as an excuse to take a break from ArmA and focus more on my studies at uni.

How was the situation dealt with unprofessionally? You expect the staff team to sit down with each and every member of EXP to see their part? 

Banning everyone and allowing those not involved to put their side forwards in an unban request was a fair policy... saves our time and yours. The fact you were enraged?

I'm concerned by this and have my reservations on why someone claiming to be innocent of EXP's actions would be so enraged....

How was the situation dealt with unprofessionally? You expect the staff team to sit down with each and every member of EXP to see their part? 

Banning everyone and allowing those not involved to put their side forwards in an unban request was a fair policy... saves our time and yours. The fact you were enraged?

I'm concerned by this and have my reservations on why someone claiming to be innocent of EXP's actions would be so enraged....
@Neo -- when I stated that I was disappointed at how the situation was handled unprofessionally, I wasn't simply referring to the staff's decision to blanket ban the clan; I was equally saddened by the fact that EXP were essentially fueling the animosity between the staff and themselves after that whole TS charade. As I was supposedly associated with EXP these actions also had potential to worsen my image by consequence. As for being enraged, I couldn't do anything about feeling like that. I felt unjustly banned, is all there is to it. I knew that I'd have to wait at least a week before I'd be able to play again, that my achievements in this community would just be thrown away (apart from my possessions) and [if I'd be let back in ALUK] I'd have to start all the way from the beginning, specifically with my NHS career which I've invested quite a bit of time in.  I'm sure a lot of people would feel something similar but they may not admit it / would just kiss ass for a second chance. I'm just a player with integrity, and while I can respect your (as well the entire staff's) decisions and the thoughts that have been put into them, I also believe I should be transparent about how I feel (with moderation of course -- I know my limits). I'm just being brutally honest about myself. And maybe to some it can be seen as a flaw but I think it's a more respectable and pure state of mind than just being a sycophant.

I hope this goes without saying that I do not intend to cause any offense to anyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Neo -- when I stated that I was disappointed at how the situation was handled unprofessionally, I wasn't simply referring to the staff's decision to blanket ban the clan; I was equally saddened by the fact that EXP were essentially fueling the animosity between the staff and themselves after that whole TS charade. As I was supposedly associated with EXP these actions also had potential to worsen my image by consequence. As for being enraged, I couldn't do anything about feeling like that. I felt unjustly banned, is all there is to it. I knew that I'd have to wait at least a week before I'd be able to play again, that my achievements in this community would just be thrown away (apart from my possessions) and [if I'd be let back in ALUK] I'd have to start all the way from the beginning, specifically with my NHS career which I've invested quite a bit of time in.  I'm sure a lot of people would feel something similar but they may not admit it / would just kiss ass for a second chance. I'm just a player with integrity, and while I can respect your (as well the entire staff's) decisions and the thoughts that have been put into them, I also believe I should be transparent about how I feel (with moderation of course -- I know my limits). I'm just being brutally honest about myself. And maybe to some it can be seen as a flaw but I think it's a more respectable and pure state of mind than just being a sycophant.

I hope this goes without saying that I do not intend to cause any offense to anyone.
If you'd just appealed there and then, the ban would have done nothing to you, you'd of picked up where you left off....

Please be patient a while as I look into your unban request and make a decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back