What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

The Nexus update!

Part of the update states:

Another important change comes in the form of a refined 'hitpoint-based' damage model for characters. This enhances the lethality of shots to unprotected parts of the body, rewarding marksmanship skills and making personal protective gear more meaningful.

Lets just put it this way, Arma has become a very realistic game after this update, but maybe a bit to far? For example hitting a small rock which almost kills you. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Part of the update states:

Another important change comes in the form of a refined 'hitpoint-based' damage model for characters. This enhances the lethality of shots to unprotected parts of the body, rewarding marksmanship skills and making personal protective gear more meaningful.

Lets just put it this way, Arma has become a very realistic game after this update, but maybe a bit to far? For example hitting a small rock which almost kills you. 
I wouldn't consider it more realistic as 1 shot to the leg or arm in real life wouldn't instantly kill you

I wouldn't consider it more realistic as 1 shot to the leg or arm in real life wouldn't instantly kill you
Dunno if this has been addressed before, but technically you're not dead when downed in the game, right?

As far as realism goes, most ammo today isn't made to kill but to maim, making you as much of a burden to your friends as possible when you get hit. So no a shot to the arm or leg won't kill you, but it'll most likely stop you from participating further in the combat (signified by the downed status).

I'm not saying its 100% realistic, but moreso than taking 4+ hits and staying up/running unaffected. It still needs some tweaking for sure though.

And the car update? Kinda feels like they wanted to take a step towards realism, took a giant leap instead, completely missed the mark, and landed in a pile of feces and broken glass.

Just my 2 cents. :)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

4 minutes ago, Dutchyy said:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
May i ask you why did you brought something stupid like this into a serious discussion where people are exchanging their opinions... Really smart idea... And really funny...

May i ask you why did you brought something stupid like this into a serious discussion where people are exchanging their opinions... Really smart idea... And really funny...
well this song describes the nexus update, realy funny  :D

GG sense of humour.
whyy sooo toxic like seriously , we all F know this update is shit and i finaly got a song that cheers everyone up , so thank so Mr.ali for compliment me on my Homour, have a nice day ;)

Why u heff to be mad?

whyy sooo toxic like seriously , we all F know this update is shit and i finaly got a song that cheers everyone up , so thank so Mr.ali for compliment me on my Homour, have a nice day ;)
I am not toxic this is a serious discussion. People are exchanging their opinions and you're coming in with a stupid song... If you think it's normal well... 

Well this didn't take long to completely derail, nice on ladies.

I quite like the fact it's more realistic in the sense that going 90KMP/H into a rock will knock you, makes it more realistic. It'll teach everyone to driver better and properly. 

Back