What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

streamers

mikehunt

This is the best uk server out there, but i keep seeing anyone who stream snipes or does anything to streamers get banned? I have seen streamers breaking rules and trolling etc just for there viewers pleasure and its ok, have to start thinking of the 90 civilians and not the 3 streamers :)

to be honest i agree and dont agree, iv seen some of the streamers actual roleplay and not breaking the rule sets based around the current ones, but im guessing Wilco is editing the rule sets atm, they seem to be offline atm

name me 1 person that has been banned for stream sniping ?

Ciaran banned our first person this week who killed someone on a stream for killing in the VIP area, If you think we are putting streamers first then you are massively mistaken.

Please provide examples

Was a post i came accross from wilco explaining anyone who stream snipes will be banned, we have 3 great streamers who come into our server

If you read wilcos reply to your accusation,

you: but i keep seeing anyone who stream snipes or does anything to streamers get banned?

Wilco: name me 1 person that has been banned for stream sniping ?

People have been warned about this and that they will be banned for stream sniping but nobody has actually been banned yet for this.

I keep warning people... One day i might actually ban for it.

Streamers are just as important as any other player to this community.. there is no extra given treatment.

Streamers have every moment of there gameplay recorded, If there is one on our server myself/cardoso or Ciaran heads over the stream to educate when a rule is broken rather than outright banning... if for example i watched a lot of people playing on the server im pretty sure i could see rule breaks or poor RP.

Just weigh that one up when deciding if a streamer is good or bad... Some are complete bellends... i can name a certain 1 or 2 which thankfully has never streamed here.

Seems like there is a new thread about streamers on here daily.

Can we drop it, if people don't, then you can't expect them too either

Thats what Neo does already, atleast from when I talked to when I heard myswelf in.the stream was a good 15 seconds delay.

Same rule for everyone, it's what makes this server home for me. Yes I've had y fair share of shitty situations, but when I saw something being done about my report, regardless of the report being on a troll, member or even an admin, I feel as though I'm just as valued as anyone else.

I think bans are immediate if admin are watching the stream and see something fishy, in the same way as if they were spectating. They see a rule broken and ban the rule breaker. I guess the same would go for the person streaming if they break the rules - It cuts both ways. 

We all could be banned if we had someone watching everything we did: Whether it be a comment that indicates meta gaming or an accidental VDM that could be seen as intentional. Some folks full on break the rules though! (Hello PMC! Goodbye PMC!)

Whilst I do get annoyed with the constant "stream sniper" accusations that occur whenever something does not go the way of the streamers, I do feel they are a credit to the community. There does need to be some understanding though that not every situation is likely a stream snipe. I've died thousands of times whether I was streaming (Worlds shittest stream 2K14) or not and I actually think the streamers are getting away with minimal deaths compared to the amount of times I've had my ass handed to me. Or they are good. Or lucky. Or I'm just shit.

On the other side, folks need to stop hating on the streamers: It's all recorded... All the facts will be in their past broadcasts so there is plenty of evidence for people to clear their name. If indeed people are stream sniping then that is metagaming x infinity and they have no place on the server anyway. 

So yeah, this forum troll is trying to offer a bit of a balance. Be thankful we have streamers who want to play on the server, it shows how great the server and community are. Everything is logged and recorded so don't worry, I'm sure any bans and appeals will have a wealth of evidence to back up any claims. 

Relax, peeps: It is just a fucking game at the end of the day. A great game that keeps pulling us back but a game none the less. Lets not give ourselves a hernia over streamers. 

x

Last edited by a moderator:
Back