What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Steam downloading problem.

everything on steam mate
But JUST steam, have you tried downloading a large torrent (this would help identify whether the problem is local and of course, make sure whatever you're downloading is legal..), or even just try download a random large file and check for stability? Chances are that your local connection hasn't anything to do with it if everything else is stable.

Make sure that you haven't blocked anything from Steam on any firewalls you have active.

But JUST steam, have you tried downloading a large torrent (this would help identify whether the problem is local and of course, make sure whatever you're downloading is legal..), or even just try download a random large file and check for stability? Chances are that your local connection hasn't anything to do with it if everything else is stable.

Make sure that you haven't blocked anything from Steam on any firewalls you have active.
wht you said went in one ear and out the other ahahaha im not that good with computer

wht you said went in one ear and out the other ahahaha im not that good with computer
Okay...

Step 1: Install a torrent client (Eg. uTorrent)

Step 2: Download a legal torrent file, for example you could use a Ubuntu download (LINK TO UBUNTU TORRENT FILE)

Step 3: Monitor the download and see if it maintains a steady download rate.

That should give you a pretty good understanding if your connection and download speeds are stable.

If this is all stable, I would recommend you try get in contact with Steam Support (good luck with that..).

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay...

Step 1: Install a torrent client (Eg. uTorrent)

Step 2: Download a legal torrent file, for example you could use a Ubuntu download (http://releases.ubuntu.com/14.04.3/ubuntu-14.04.3-desktop-amd64.iso.torrent?_ga=1.177501158.2131186652.1452533157)

Step 3: Monitor the download and see if it maintains a steady download rate.

That should give you a pretty good understanding if your connection and download speeds are stable.
I download large shit all the time it goes smoothly

I download large shit all the time it goes smoothly
Steam related issue then, doubt it's anything to do with your connection / network adapter. Could be just a software malfunction rather than anything physical. Have you tried running steam as Admin? It may be considering files corrupt as it doesn't have read access to some files?

Steam related issue then, doubt it's anything to do with your connection / network adapter. Could be just a software malfunction rather than anything physical. Have you tried running steam as Admin? It may be considering files corrupt as it doesn't have read access to some files?
I will have to have a pplay with it all see if i can find the problem!

I will have to have a pplay with it all see if i can find the problem!
I had this issue with my PC for a while, and I didn't realise what it was for a very long time however in my situation it was because of faulty ram, and it was loosing the data that was being downloaded, to see if this is what is the problem in your case, use a program that is installed with Windows called windows memory diagnostic, it will prompt for a restart and it will do the test and your computer will boot up and you should see a message in your notification tray saying if it is faulty or not, if it is it should say there are hardware faults and to send back to the manufacturers. Hope this helps.

I had this issue with my PC for a while, and I didn't realise what it was for a very long time however in my situation it was because of faulty ram, and it was loosing the data that was being downloaded, to see if this is what is the problem in your case, use a program that is installed with Windows called windows memory diagnostic, it will prompt for a restart and it will do the test and your computer will boot up and you should see a message in your notification tray saying if it is faulty or not, if it is it should say there are hardware faults and to send back to the manufacturers. Hope this helps.
Will try this tomorrow! Thanks

Try and change your steam compatibility mode, that shit has worked for me for many steam problems don't ask why ahah

Back