What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

SPC Liridon RDM at bank

Thanks for the reply, Liridon.

OK. Having the MK18 was 'dodgy', but I can live with the explanation. Perhaps a better strategy would have been to have placed the Mk18 into a vehicle and impound it (thus deleting the weapon) whilst ensuring that your own weapon was safely on the ground before picking up the Mk18. But I appreciate that there's not always a vehicle handy, or time, or a cop-shop nearby to return the weapon to, etc. How long did you have it in your possession before you were picked up for the operation?

However, strictly speaking, you should have dumped the problem on a senior officer on arrival and not kept the Mk18 on the op. Swapped his weapon for the Mk18 between the two of you - at least he would possibly have been able to 'rank-excuse' having that weapon, whereas you're always going to be on dodgy ground with it in your possession - and more so, if you actually use it. Did you notify the senior officer on the op that you had it? Certainly you *ought* to have RPed that you didn't have it, really. I appreciate that the end-result would've been the same if you'd shot him with the MXC though... and that if you'd RPed 'not having it', it would've meant you were down by the tune of one MXC... perhaps it would've been better to refuse joining the op until you were correctly geared? Or made regearing a priority on arrival? Tough calls, I grant you - but that's what being a cop is partly about. The laws are harder on you guys than everyone else.

I've still not heard who was the senior ranking officer on duty during this op, have I? Anyone know?

And who threw the gas, and who authorised its use on the mission?

I thinking that Fox should get his compensation, but given the circumstances, I don't feel it's appropriate to take it from Liridon's personal bank. The State will cover it this time. Fox - let me know when you are safely out-of-game, and I'll do the database magic while you're offline.

Yep I see how you could get scared that he was going to shoot you while tazed as he tried to do that with the pistol beforehand, but shooting a man while restrained is pretty unforgiveable. I've seen guys get shot in the head with a tazer and died which I find perfectally acceptable, considering it a risk of being a rebel. But the question I want to ask is why not simply taze him again, what was the need to straight up shoot him with a leathal weapon...??
I tried to restrain him Price, that was the idea. Since it didn't work and he tried shooting me I had to do something. I also had about 5-10 rebels around the bank shooting around me. Once again, either kill him and get to safety or die trying to restrain him. 

I think we're possibly overlooking the issue of lag here too - at least a bit. I myself have been in the situation of having placed 20 rounds into a person who didn't seem to be being restrained, simply out of panic that it didn't appear to be working, and because I thought he was going to 'off' me. As it happened, it was the server admin at the time, my predecessor, Asdrubael! I did feel something of a tit when I realised my overcompensation (I actually killed him with the taser itself, not even a rifle!)

Whilst we can fairly clearly see in Fox's video that HE saw himself starting to go into restraint-mode, it is by no means guaranteed that the same view was happening on Liridon's PC. Sadly, that's ARMA3 for you. Some of these client-side animations can be triggered off out-of-sequence and markedly delayed - even a 100ms is sometimes enough to make the difference between fight or flight.

Given that Liridon HAD already been shot at repeatedly whilst Fox's tasing had failed (and Liridon would not have realised that the tasing had failed - probably right up to the point that Fox said 'I am bugged', which even then is not 100% clear in the heat of battle), I think Liridon's call is possibly forgivable. His first duty is to survive and complete the mission, and the criminal's 'decommissioning' by whatever means necessary, takes priority, if he feels he is in a life-or-death situation. I can't really dispute that; the issue is, whether things were slightly out-of-sync for Liridon and he missed the von call and the anim-change - and that is impossible for any of us to know beyond all doubt.

In any case, although I'd be prepared to concede that the kill was not deliberate murder of an obviously restrained man in cold blood, and was probably an act of perceived self-defence against someone who was clearly (to him) not restraining and was potentially continuing to fight to the death, I am concerned enough about the OP-ness of the TG on the mission generally, and the fact that Liridon should not have had or been using the Mk18, to award compensation... but as I said, not from Liridon himself. I'll pay.

Comp given (£200k). Let me know if you've got it when you relog.

BTW - I've also removed your coplevel that was still set to 5... I gather you're no longer a practising cop now, yes? LOL

Comp given (£200k). Let me know if you've got it when you relog.

BTW - I've also removed your coplevel that was still set to 5... I gather you're no longer a practising cop now, yes? LOL
yea, i didn't even relize i was still cop whitelisted, Thanks for the comp :p

Just to add my input..

I was being the gun machine firing rounds after rounds at any officers just to scare them. When my man PanFrits died, i heard the popping of over 7 tear gasses. (you know the thud thingy). I then retreated to the balcony behind price, and i then processed to kill CI the end after he took out price. 

By my judgement, the first officers was a PCSO and CSO, and that CI The End was the highest ranking around, although i am not 100 % on the ranking order.

Sorry for the crappy grammar ETC, i am rushing this through my ipad.

Regards,

GertrudeMclovin

Last edited by a moderator:
This happend all during a heavy combat. Bullets everywhere. 

I was the one shooting at SPC Liridon since they also arrested one of my gangmembers. So all this is (from my view) forgivable. There is no reason to actually remove an awesome cop as Liridon ;)  

Back