What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Server 1 - Microphone Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you perhaps had good enough english to explain your dilema and that you would text them (tell them it autotranslates your language to english via the phone), but then with server issues your messages may take forever to arrive.

Not sure what else to suggest mate :(

Uconnected - Of course I react but only text. Someone's not enough.
An hour ago I was quite immodestly fired from UNMC checkpoint under threat of a ban.

@JT77 just try to speak english, its about roleplay. If people hardly understand you, thats no problem, thats something you need to figure out in between you two. Imagine you landing up in London. You would not write things on a paper to people but just try probably.  Do so ingame as well and you are fine.

In London I can speak, I have time to do it, nobody shoots me: D

more rules to filter out the one day RDM roosters, kick em up there VDM hoosters!

start an application method to get into Altis Life UK

force people to use a surname/forename ID format 

you will see an increase in quality of role-play everywhere and we'd all be much happier for it.

What of us who at certain times are unable to use a microphone? As a night shift worker I am usually online at unpleasant times, when other members of the house are sleeping. I often avoid most players/interaction anyway to eliminate the need to use my mic but on the rare occasion I need to roleplay, I have no option but to type.

I can understand you rolling this out on #1 and keeping it that way but to roll it out on #2 aswell will leave myself and others in a similar position to move to other more accomodating servers. I understand RP is your main interest and I can respect that, but sometimes a little lee-way is appreciated. I understand your reasoning and concerns, I hope you understand mine.

What of us who at certain times are unable to use a microphone? As a night shift worker I am usually online at unpleasant times, when other members of the house are sleeping. I often avoid most players/interaction anyway to eliminate the need to use my mic but on the rare occasion I need to roleplay, I have no option but to type.

I can understand you rolling this out on #1 and keeping it that way but to roll it out on #2 aswell will leave myself and others in a similar position to move to other more accomodating servers. I understand RP is your main interest and I can respect that, but sometimes a little lee-way is appreciated. I understand your reasoning and concerns, I hope you understand mine.
i get where your comming from but , i find it hard to RP with someone who is typing and often not enjoyable. Xx

I love this change. I only wish it was also on #2 so the servers would be equal and I wouldn't have to bother myself with "which server am I on again".

Same. I wish it was for both servers. Recently i robbed someone and it take longer because the dude I robbed didnt have a mic so we had to wait longer for him to type.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love this change. I only wish it was also on #2 so the servers would be equal and I wouldn't have to bother myself with "which server am I on again".
Its heading in that direction, now and again we cannot catch everyone and community reports and players educating players is what it falls down to but i think having a mic isnt hard or expensive and is your main RP tool.

Its heading in that direction, now and again we cannot catch everyone and community reports and players educating players is what it falls down to but i think having a mic isnt hard or expensive and is your main RP tool.
Fully agree, since this change i've seen a massive quality difference.

This leads to people who enjoy the RP sticking around.

Nowadays if you can't afford a cheap mic but can afford a rig that runs Arma 3 well, then there's something wrong.

Similar to me. I understand the ruling completely and I am not arguing with it. However, I think perhaps this game suits the younger generation who don't have kids and family. I often play late at night when I have to keep noise to zero and using a headset is just not practical. Even before the rest of the household have gone to bed it is not always practical to use a headset due to the amount of background noise there would be. Perhaps I'm just too old for this kind of thing with too many other priorities :D

I'm not having a dig at all and don't want it to come across that way. I will keep clear of your server when I can't use a headset and obey your rules of course. It's your server afterall. I'd only just started playing and didn't even realise it was a roleplaying game anyway.

Anyway it's all good and I actually thank you for bringing it to my attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back