What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Server 1 - Microphone Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
YES!! Hate being medic and rebel running up to help someone and getting them typing, "Thank you I'm fine now"

i always role play it like this, "hands him a piece of paper" still role playing :/

but thats only when its at 4 am and my family are asleep 

Last edited by a moderator:
What happens if you get into a spot of lag and have to type then?

I have a fully working mic but my internet can sometimes be a little slow... (also accepting donations of £8000 to upgrade my line to fibre optic haha)

But no on a serious note, I have to type sometimes (only for like 5-10 mins) til my internet calms down again.

I hope typing isnt completely out of the question.

(if i know i am gonna have to type for a while then i play as a civvie and not as my medic so i do not have to interact too much and ruin peoples gaming experiences!)

I will enforce this and expect to see several angry posts in the "Dispute A Ban" section as a result.

So, just to clarify, all RP must be done via mic on server 1 now? Ok, this could work :) . But I assume out of roleplay things can be typed still?

What happens if you get into a spot of lag and have to type then?

I have a fully working mic but my internet can sometimes be a little slow... (also accepting donations of £8000 to upgrade my line to fibre optic haha)

But no on a serious note, I have to type sometimes (only for like 5-10 mins) til my internet calms down again.

I hope typing isnt completely out of the question.

(if i know i am gonna have to type for a while then i play as a civvie and not as my medic so i do not have to interact too much and ruin peoples gaming experiences!)
Just type: OOC: Internet fucking up gotta type, sorry. You could even have it on copy paste beforehand so you are always ready to hit control V to make people aware of the situation. Since you tell them OOC, out of character, this would not breach RP (And since its temporary I also don't think it would get you banned :) )

If we see someone or 'dont' hear someone without a mic in server should we do anything like inform someone or just forget about it ?

Is there any way the admins can perhaps have an in-game announcement from time to time reminding people of this?

As it stands I've met a bunch of players today that were still typing to me in-game instead of using a mic. I informed each one that a microphone was now mandatory, but none of them logged off and I'm wary of reporting players who have no clue this is a new rule.

This is great, I think if this is handled properly it will make tje atmosphere much better. But...

I agree with unconnected...

I really would suggest putting a disclaimer into either;

Server title;

Splash screen;

Login message;

Scheduled messages

That will give you much less work dealing with a mass flood of bans because they simply didn't check the forums.

Editing the splash screen is so very simple it would take me literally 2 min max to extract and rebuild the pbo (if your even using pbos).

Would also like to take this opportunity to suggest adding the rule version date to the splash screen each time a server rule is rolled out/changed. It's simply the way it is at the moment, not everyone uses these forums and could ease the workload of ban disputes on the Admin's.

Hopefully it will work out :) .

Last edited by a moderator:
Discrimination ?

I have a microphone but my English is not good, I understand but not speak. I play on a server for over a year and this regulation shall touched me. I have several friends on the server and I want to play here.
I do not bother anyone, I play to relax after work. Working legally, I want to buy Huron, but I want to live on the server first.

What to do?

Requests exemption..
Look how old I, please exemptions for the silent old man :lol: :D :D

Discrimination ?

I have a microphone but my English is not good, I understand but not speak. I play on a server for over a year and this regulation shall touched me. I have several friends on the server and I want to play here.

I do not bother anyone, I play to relax after work. Working legally, I want to buy Huron, but I want to live on the server first.

What to do?

Requests exemption..

Look how old I, please exemptions for the silent old man :lol: :D :D
Take English lessons

You're always able to play on 2nd server.

You will have the same gear and account on the 2nd aswell as the 1st :)

I expected a similar response Redpath <_<   That does not help me now..

I know Edward, but my friends and son my girlfriends are on server 1#.
I wanted to play with them.

As was suggested elsewhere, use your friends to act as translator for you. RP as someone who doesn't speak much English :)

Would love to see someone act as a translator... you would need to explain to the person infront you that hes from "x" country and you are his english translator.

He would need to speak to the person fully in x language and then you would translate it into english and when the cop/ person your roleplaying with says it back in english you will then say it back to him in X language all in game...

If that happens ... in itself would be great roleplay  :)

I don't think you'll get banned JT77 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back