What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Report a player - Steve Stacy - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

VikRambo

Los Santos Police Senior
Los Santos Police Senior
Server: GTA RP
Your Character Name: Adam Watney
Reported Players: Steve Stacy
Date: Aug 8, 2024
Time: 20:40
What best describes this incident: Bullying/Borderline OOC Abuse. Calling me a downy and making fun of the way I talk
Please (in detail) describe the incident: I arrested Steve Stacy and whilst he was in custody he was alright, once he got told he couldn't get his bench trial cause of reasons he got pissed off (he said in liaison it was IC but the things he made fun off I believe was just too far.) To his defence I did not say in LOOC that I was getting offended as I was just trying to ignore it and move on. However, he just continued making fun of the way I spoke saying I had a lisp and I was spitting everywhere. He even called me a downy and then later said I speak like a debbie downer.

In my opinion, I think these insults are too specific and there are a million different insults he could have used to keep the insulting IC but the fact that he kept hammering in the lisp and spitting insults and also the downy ones I think is just a bit too far. IC he says fat fuck, eating burgers and stuff which is all fair insults in character but then he keeps circling back to the voice thing.

In liaison, he did say that had he known it was causing offence he would have stopped but I think just taking the piss out of people for these qualities is already a non-starter. Near the end the probie did also say that he needs to stop with those sorts of insults because he could get punished further and that the gods and such wouldn't be happy but he continues to argue.

Personally, I have been insulted a million different ways IC and most them I am fine with and even some are even creative and amusing but taking the piss out of the way someone speaks and saying that I sound like a down syndrome person is just not ok. I play this game to relax and chill and not have people take the piss out of the way I talk. You can clearly tell that as my cop I do not "put on a voice" and that I am just speaking normally so to say you're taking the piss out of my lisp and spitting IC is not on imo.

TIMESTAMPS:
0:35 - Starts to get angry and insulting
1:10 - say it dont spray it
1:14 - mimicking
1:30 - are you a downy or something
2:05 - your little lisp
5:05 - watch out, you don't wanna get saliva all over your windshield
5:20 - mimicking
6:26 - pursuit comms with a lisp
6:30 - debbie downy voice
6:55 - say it dont spray it

Longer video available if staff require. However it's just us in custody not much talking going on.
Link(s) To Any Evidence:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Hello,

Hope you are well.

I thought it resolved in the Liaison chat we had but I can see that's not the case, I would also like to apologies from the get go if you have taken offense to my comments in OOC as that was never my intention. Every word/comment I made was made In character, the insults I used where based on your character, seeing as he has a lisp, I targeted that trying to rattle you into doing something that would cause you to get sacked from the police force IC. Like I said in QE, and like you also mentioned, I told you that had you spoke up in LOOC or OOC that these comments were offending you OOC and that you would like me to stop, I would have. There was not a single comment made in OOC so how was i suppose to know you were taking OOC offense. Your probie did say to stop saying those things but to me that was IC, and to me it was just an indication that I was rattling you.. IC! It also baffles me as to why the probie is even trying to mention rules/gods/"up there" whilst in RP, that makes no sense and to me is actually breaking character as he should not be eluding to those things in game and should say it in LOOC. "do some reading and check the rules of the town" that is clearly breaking character and mentioning the rules. I would also like to add, I do not know you OOC, nor do i know how you talk/speak, I have no way of knowing whether you are putting a voice on or not.

Had you mentioned in OOC you did not like what I was saying, I would have stopped and insulted you ( IN RP ) a different way.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Hello,

Hope you are well.

I thought it resolved in the Liaison chat we had but I can see that's not the case, I would also like to apologies from the get go if you have taken offense to my comments in OOC as that was never my intention. Every word/comment I made was made In character, the insults I used where based on your character, seeing as he has a lisp, I targeted that trying to rattle you into doing something that would cause you to get sacked from the police force IC. Like I said in QE, and like you also mentioned, I told you that had you spoke up in LOOC or OOC that these comments were offending you OOC and that you would like me to stop, I would have. There was not a single comment made in OOC so how was i suppose to know you were taking OOC offense. Your probie did say to stop saying those things but to me that was IC, and to me it was just an indication that I was rattling you.. IC! It also baffles me as to why the probie is even trying to mention rules/gods/"up there" whilst in RP, that makes no sense and to me is actually breaking character as he should not be eluding to those things in game and should say it in LOOC. "do some reading and check the rules of the town" that is clearly breaking character and mentioning the rules. I would also like to add, I do not know you OOC, nor do i know how you talk/speak, I have no way of knowing whether you are putting a voice on or not.

Had you mentioned in OOC you did not like what I was saying, I would have stopped and insulted you ( IN RP ) a different way.

Cheers.
Hi,

Apologies if I didn't make it clear in liason however I did not feel it was resolved as we kept going around in circles.

My issue is that these things shouldn't be something that are brought up anyways and should not be made fun off. Especially makes comments about downsyndrome and such. I understand your side of I didn't say anything in OOC but the point I'm trying to make is these comments shouldn't be made from the get go.

In regards to the probie I can't speak for him however It was my understanding that giving a gentle nudge towards rules or speaking of gods was alright and not breaking character as I myself have done this many times. However that is just my understanding. I believe the probie was trying to warn you that you were going way too far with your insults. It's all good tryna rattle me IC but honestly it felt like you trying to rattle me OOC so I'd make a mistake IC and punch you something, but this is just how I felt not necessarily what may have been your intention to

The thing is words and jokes like this have been said in RP and are continuously said in RP all the time so how was I suppose to know you were taking OOC offense, I have been called and heard others being called 'retards' all the time, also seeing a staff member making a joke on tweedle about disabled people, so where is the line? The only way I could have know you didn't like certain words I was using would be if you spoke in OOC or LOOC which you didn't so I carried on, had you have done this I would have stopped immediately, I am not here to make others feel hurt OOC.

To me what the Probie (forgive me as I do not know your name/forums account) done was a clear breach of breaking character, it was not a gentle reminder more a forced one, speaking about "read up on the rules of the city", even such It should be done in OOC not in game.

The Probie trying to warn me again was inside of RP, had he put it in OOC asking me to stop as either of you find it offensive out of character, I would have. My goal (in RP) was to rattle you and make you do something, like hit me for example or just do something Illegal as I had a bodycam on and could have used it against you in court etc etc.

The thing is words and jokes like this have been said in RP and are continuously said in RP all the time so how was I suppose to know you were taking OOC offense, I have been called and heard others being called 'retards' all the time, also seeing a staff member making a joke on tweedle about disabled people, so where is the line? The only way I could have know you didn't like certain words I was using would be if you spoke in OOC or LOOC which you didn't so I carried on, had you have done this I would have stopped immediately, I am not here to make others feel hurt OOC.

To me what the Probie (forgive me as I do not know your name/forums account) done was a clear breach of breaking character, it was not a gentle reminder more a forced one, speaking about "read up on the rules of the city", even such It should be done in OOC not in game.

The Probie trying to warn me again was inside of RP, had he put it in OOC asking me to stop as either of you find it offensive out of character, I would have. My goal (in RP) was to rattle you and make you do something, like hit me for example or just do something Illegal as I had a bodycam on and could have used it against you in court etc etc.
Fair enough mate. I can't speak to what other people do or say, I can only say what I think and I think you went too far with it. Specifically because it wasn't a generic insult it was very targeted. It wasn't like you called me a retard once or anything it was you kept taking the piss out the way I talk and then saying I speak like a person with down syndrome. I think extremely targeted insults like that have no place on an RP server. We are here to have fun and enjoy the game and when you say stuff like over and over and over it stops being fun. After you, the probie and I both logged off after the liason and IC paperwork because you had ruined it for us.

This is all ill say on this matter. Just have to see what Staff think when they get to this one. In case if staff ask why I didn't say anything in LOOC, I was driving and just wanted him gone and the most outrageous stuff he said near the prison where I was just tryna get him gone. I think with targeted insults like that and calling me a downy I shouldn't need to ask people OOC to stop because that sort of stuff shouldn't be said in the first place. It's like me going around calling certain members of the community trannys and unless they say anything in LOOC to stop, I'm all good. This is not the case. Whatever your reasons were acting like that, imo you shouldn't say that sort of stuff IC because it's just targeting how someone speaks something they can't help.

No further replies from me.

I roleplay as a criminal, you roleplay as a police officer. During this incident you had arrested me, not the entire police force, you. So, yes the insults were targeted at YOUR RP CHARACTER, not you as a person OOC. Had it been a "larger" police officer who arrested me, I would have insulted his weight but it wasn't! I understand you saying you were driving which means you couldn't say anything in OOC but it literally takes 2 seconds plus you had a passenger in the car, after the first time or 2nd/3rd if no one is saying anything in LOOC or OOC then to me it means they're okay with it therefore I carried on.

Again, had you said in OOC you didn't like me talking/insulting the way you speak I would have stopped but you hadn't, It clearly has affected you seeing as you logged off and to that I apologies.

I think comparing this to attacking transgender people are two different things so I won't be commenting on that section of your reply.

Hello there,
Okay, i think we can all agree that taking the piss out of someone's OOC things in-RP is not something we want to see on the server, it should be a place for everyone to have fun no matter their situation IRL. With that being said i think the biggest discussion we have here is that Steve didn't really know the others wanted it to stop for OOC reasons.

Let's go through this, yes, sometimes we do allow insults that do get very close to crossing the line, however that is mostly when it does stay in line with the general RP story of the character, adds something to the RP etc. In this case i see none of that, i just see someone who is pissed of the situation did not go their way doing everything you can to annoy others.

Steve, i've had a look at your record, it's not the first time you are breaking the rules because you are angry, at this point i would hope that you do not need an OOC chat reminder to follow the rules. You have been given multiple warning beforehand by staff for many different issues. It honestly surprises me that you still keep to your ways, in this case you've stepped over the line more then a few times, using the down syndrome as an insult, calling the other player a mong, using other insults not to add to RP, but purely to annoy others since it's clear you are angry with them OOC that the situation did not go your way. With that being said i believe it's your time to see unban appeal section of our forums from a different perspective. I do hope that will finally convince you to change how you act when you are unhappy with the result of a situation.

Action Taken
86931 - C1.2 - Permanent Ban

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back