What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Remove the use of beanbag guns in gunfights.

Dcay Kevin

As the title says stop police and G6 from using beanbag guns in active shootouts. while I get they are powerful that is the issue. it's like a police revolver just you go twitching on the ground for 20 seconds by the time that is over you will be in cuffs. In my opinion it just denies any criminal a close quarters gunfight.

I have a video here from today and while I ended up shooting the cop that beanbagged me it completely denied me a propper shootout with officers and basically forced me to finesse the cuffs quicktime event 3 times to even get another kill.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I think it makes no sense for an officer with a non lethal to lead in an ACTIVE gunfight. a situation with guns involved is fine but when the bullets are flying they have to go. No cop in their right mind would realistically choose a beanbag gun in that situation in addition to it just being way to powerful to be fun for a criminal.

This video is not a 1 time event, It happens all the time and it's just unfortunate. I don't care about the gun I care about not being given a fun fight. Just having a cop come up the stairs and practically 1 tap me taking me out of the fight using a tool that should not have been there in the first place feels like being cheated and them just using the "Meta" as I have seen a clear shift by Firearms officers to use the beanbag too.

I like the launcher itself and agree it serves a great purpose even in a situation leading up to a fight. But The way it is used here is just not right in my opinion.

The beanbag rounds allowed you to escape being cuffed multiple times and continue your fight.

A lethal round would not.

You're upset the beanbag rounds ruined your roleplay/gunfight despite the above being true.

There seems to be a significant logical issue with your suggestion that you don't seem to be able to see?

I'm gonna 1 up you on this one and suggest we remove guns from the police as a whole. Completely unarm the faction, no guns, no tasers, no batons and remove their ability to throw punches and tackle. By doing this the police can't fight back and I can happily enjoy my close quarter fights on my favorite roleplay server.

I'm gonna 1 up you on this one and suggest we remove guns from the police as a whole. Completely unarm the faction, no guns, no tasers, no batons and remove their ability to throw punches and tackle. By doing this the police can't fight back and I can happily enjoy my close quarter fights on my favorite roleplay server.
my fragger

I'm sorry, what? How is this worse in any way than being shot and incapacitated for the remainder of the fight? At least with a beanbag round there's potential to get back up again and continue.

Why is it these days it seems as though every time someone loses a situation its straight to the forums whether it be a 'ree police need nerfing' or a gang vs gang report war.
Ah yes because the officer in question wont instantly B line for your writhing body, the only chance you have is resisting arrest by the time you are surrounded by 5 officers.

And i'm sorry but if everyone does it. Don't you think at some point there will be a reason for it? Fun is objective, Clearly they are not having it. Despite this should not be a "Nerf" as you are claiming throughout every situation this is the better and less shitty option for crims?

The beanbag rounds allowed you to escape being cuffed multiple times and continue your fight.

A lethal round would not.

You're upset the beanbag rounds ruined your roleplay/gunfight despite the above being true.

There seems to be a significant logical issue with your suggestion that you don't seem to be able to see?
once again thinking I just cared about the gunfight and taking this situation.

When I have stated many times it clearly makes no sense for a fucking beanbag launcher that might stagger someone and knock the wind out of them for a few seconds. to be used in an active gunfight.

When I have stated many times it clearly makes no sense for a fucking beanbag launcher that might stagger someone and knock the wind out of them for a few seconds. to be used in an active gunfight.

Kevin, you including a video link to the situation along with your situation. What do you expect?

1719000385493.png
This is literally what you said, Implying your only intention was to "Have a proper gunfight" And "Get another Kill" So you obviously did care for it. If it was a regular gunfight outside the station most officers would respond with Firearms and any firearms cars would break out their rifle gunning you down preventing any chance for you to resist or get back up. You attacked a police station officers had what were available to them and they utilized it effectively, you lost the situation and came to the forums asking for a nerf to this that officers cant use them. Might aswell remove the MRAP from gunfights, Hell why not guns to?

I know I sound sarcastic but mate cmon this suggestion just doesnt really work does it. beanbags are utilised as a less than lethal method to prolong RP instead of the *Bang>No pulse* meta. Used in a gunfight or not they are perfectly balanced as they are deployment wise, The only thing that should be changed as someone who has been in the police for 3+ years's opinion is that the cylindrical semi auto fire nature should be removed and they should be loaded and chambered similair to how marksman pistols are for the sake of proper balance.

Don't forget running, and the use of redgulls, way too overpowered, shit just remove the legs of all police officers they can crawl everywhere

i've never been in a firefight IRL, but using the first thing you can get your hands on sounds like a good plan,
I did some uniformed public service helping with my partner. A beanbag is more than enough to knock someone down and even disarm them irl it fires such a punch that the rubber bullets guns where nothing pain wise.

Just to add context to why multiple officers had beanbags, including Wyatt, was because a PSU deployment was auth'd due to a disgusting group of Tory members begging for votes in the lobby and another group (TFA) trying to lockpick doors (the last time that happened things didn't end well). Usually that many beanbags wouldn't be in use.

Imma just leave this here

Imma just leave this here
good examples, appreciate it

Back