What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Removal of Helmet Armour

adaco

Elite
Elite Donator
Brief Summary:
I am suggesting that Helmet Armour is removed from the server.

Detailed Suggestion:
As the title states, I believe helmet armour should be completely removed from the server.

As someone who 100% of the time has helmet armour on (which obviously gives me an advantage when it comes to combat) I still believe it should be completely removed as I believe the server was a lot better without it.

In my personal opinion, I don't think helmet armour should've ever been added, especially the way every street gang member was running round with it on - it just doesn't make sense in my opinion.
Now the question asked will be, "how would you go about removing it". Well, as I have stated in the 'Marksman Pistol' discussion thread, I think helmet armour should be removed from the police armoury and removed from faction crafting tables. Now obviously, groups have stockpiles of helmet armour, some more than others - so in that case, I would remove the helmet armour completely from everyone's storage (yes, that includes my storages and the Lost's) and anyone currently with a helmet armour currently equipped keeps it in their helmet until they are downed.

The Pros:
Makes combat on the server more fair for all - gunfights will come down to has the better gun or who lands the head-shot first.

The Cons:
People with stockpiles will lose all of their helmet armour and essentially the money they spent on said helmet armour.

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ?
Yes

You played when guns where an actual luxury. not a given to almost everyone. :p A lot changes in 4 years. You probably wouldn't fare in current server state as firearms and all the policy shit we have.
As someone who has supplied the server with guns for 4 years I can assure you there has always been a LOT of guns on the server - there just wasn't as many full blown wars or any of that shit as there is today, so you didn't see it as much as you do now.

but I’ve said before it’s stupid that CID and other non-firearm units use it, or even Firearms use it every time ‘tensions are high’, personally I think it should be used by Police only by CTSFOs or when authorised by a member of Police command,
Just for this CID have a set out policy that it has to authorised by CID Command and can only be authorised for a planned operation such as a turf raid “we actually went as far as to have the WL changed so DS+ have to physically hand it out”

But shocker I know police main I’m a +1 on this as helmet armour, I see no use for it and rarely authorise it for CID use,

I see both sides arguments for keeping and removing it, but I think logical side if it was removed the strategy’s would change and maybe less open wars would happen

Now, despite me being in firearms it doesn't give me a blanket authorization to wear it whenever I want. Believe it or not, there's still restrictions. Helmet Armour is relegated to a very small percentage of the police but if you're having shootout's you're directly in the purview of that small percentage.

This is false, there barely is any restrictions for firearms to wield helmet armor. I've said this on many occasions and when I used to be in SFC I was opposing the loosening of the old restrictions. In the end the majority of SFC voted in favour of new helmet armor rules which make sense in roleplay but in regards to server balance its quite bad.

The current authorisation requirements allow firearms to basicly exploit the requirements to wield helmet armor at all gunfights or even low risk houseraids so basicly most interractions gangmembers have with firearms.
As long as SFC and polcom allow all constables to make their decision to wield helmet armor at any given times it will not stop the current helmet armor spam because it's ruled by "common sense" which causes immense grey areas.

Imo helmet armor should only be authorised by firearms seniors+ and locked behind CTSFO & possibly SFO by a stretch.

This is false, there barely is any restrictions for firearms to wield helmet armor. I've said this on many occasions and when I used to be in SFC I was opposing the loosening of the old restrictions. In the end the majority of SFC voted in favour of new helmet armor rules which make sense in roleplay but in regards to server balance its quite bad.

The current authorisation requirements allow firearms to basicly exploit the requirements to wield helmet armor at all gunfights or even low risk houseraids so basicly most interractions gangmembers have with firearms.
As long as SFC and polcom allow all constables to make their decision to wield helmet armor at any given times it will not stop the current helmet armor spam because it's ruled by "common sense" which causes immense grey areas.

Imo helmet armor should only be authorised by firearms seniors+ and locked behind CTSFO & possibly SFO by a stretch.
Bro woke up and decided to drop the most valid suggestion.

Being 100% honest, having interacted with firearms a fair few times over the last 12 months (and having several conversations with @Conrad Jones), the win mentality of the majority of firearms I personally have interacted with has been clear as day. From my own personal experience, there are very few firearms who I can comfortably say are here for roleplay and will do their best to make it fun for both sides (you being one of the good ones @Jesse).

Now with that being said, I personally would not trust your average firearms officer with the responsibility of authorising the usage of helmet armour, therefore agreeing with your suggestion to make it so helmet armour can only be authorised by superior officers such as CTSFOs or superior ranking officers such as firearms sergeants, inspectors and above.

As I have previously stated, I 100% get that the police as a faction are meant to be more powerful than your average street gang, hence why they have assets such as the MRAP, flashbangs and the blackhawk. Your average gang cannot compete with things such as the police sniper, other groups have a better chance (as you have found out multiple times 😉) but there are assets like the flashbangs and MRAP that no group, gang or individual can compete with.

At the end of the day, my suggestion was to completely remove helmet armour from the server. Do I think it'll happen? No, I do not, but what this suggestion has done is open up discussions for the usage of helmet armour, especially on the police side. As long as there is some change, whether that authorisation changes on the police side, durability of helmet armour being reduced as someone has mentioned or an entire removal, I will be satisfied.

Also blame police rules

If they let me have personality and wear my Santa hat. Then I wouldnt have helmet armour. But unfortunately personality is banned in factions

Last edited:
In simple terms, I believe that the server would be more enjoyable if there were fewer intense gunfights. We should have helmet armor, and if there were fewer gunfights, we could role-play as firearms officers rather than being in a war zone.

Back