What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

PTT or Voice activation

Just want to reiterate my point about how you wouldnt start talking to your friends via voice activation right infront of your attackers IRL

Just want to reiterate my point about how you wouldnt start talking to your friends via voice activation right infront of your attackers IRL
If my friends are armed like in altis life and have a potential chance to save me you can bet my ass on it i would talk to my friends infront of my attackers IRL

@MrRabbitYou sound bitter, I don't think you're being very objective. Yes RP is about imagination, but this rule is in place to avoid arguments between hostages and hostage takers. It's clear, its concise and it cuts through the shit. If you can't see that then you haven't put enough time in, especially when you're in that situation.

At the start, Im not bitter at all, just pointing something out, but when they point out, that its so called "powergaming" when you try to reach out and say; Infact, you can indeed still hear your radio chatter however your arms are on your back/head/feets or whatever. 

As 3H sais; "When restrained, you cannot use your communication (radio, phone, skype, msn whatsoever). 

What I ment by my last comment; The rule is not clear; You can infact still hear your radio, and instead of "muting" ur sound in TS when taken hostage, then mute ur mic". 

When the "good old days" shined, we had a procedure on the server, that if you are to take someone hostage, police brings in whoever, they needed to say "I've taken your coms away", now they cant use/hear anything, now they hve to put themselfes on mute (sound/mic). But if they havent said it, why should you act like you cannot hear your members talk? 

To speak back is alright that you cant since ur hands are on the back, and voice activator / vox maybe is alittle hardcore simce 70% of our members/players never heard about it, nor never RP regarding it, But to be able to listen? Absolutely. 

Thats what I mean, you have a radio, you will have a earpiece, you got resteained, you still (logically) can hear traffic over your coms, and ok, its fare you cant transmitt yourself. 

Im not saying its a "shi**y rule, but it shouldnt say indirectly "You are handcuffed, you cannot hear anything other than direct chat now..

I waisted like 15 mins of my life reading this lol can I have comp please?

Something I just thought of:

Hand radio is going to be PTT definitely, but if you are  wearing that hat with the mic, that would be voice activated

Think still the 3H rules is "overrated"! 
In that case, I would advise you to create a post under the suggestion area on the forums, providing an alternative to the rule / modifications to the rule.

In that case, I would advise you to create a post under the suggestion area on the forums, providing an alternative to the rule / modifications to the rule.
I suggest we finally allow task force radio to be implemented. 

Back