What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Police.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont get me wrong i like many of the new changes, but the Kavala headquarter should be closer, we get VDM alot in this city by crazy quadbikers.

Its a bit far to react fast to get back into the city, and the road out from the HQ is terrible.

My opinion is that the old place only needet a checkpoint infront of it.

But beside from that, great update from the admins.

Well, I must say that was a couple of weeks of 14 hours days well spent, then, wasn't it?

I'm sorry Zaeex that you think everything is so shit. Do remind me to come and give you a lesson on 'how to give constructive feedback' sometime, pal. I'm sure you'll benefit from it.

The issues with the hellcat spawn will be checked out as a priority. We've spawned Mohawks and Hummingbirds there without problems (and lifted them off), but evidently the hellcat's rotors are lower, and they clip the fences. Hand up, I missed that, and so did the cops we invited to test the map whilst it was in development. Tough shit. I will spend more time and fix that, of course. But there's no need for anyone to be a cunt about it.

As for the location, it was chosen by the (at the time) CI of Kavala. It was agreed-with by the most-senior ranks of cop on the server (Killerabbit & Rich) as well as some others who knew, and agreed that it was a good location. I for one had NO influence over the location, though I rather liked it once Motosuwa 'sold' the prospects to me. I have worked very long hours to improve upon what was on the original basic map, and although I would not say it is 100% finished yet, it is a workable location, and fit the original remit which was put to us, to remove it from the main city, be less of a troll-magnet, and not require any form of militaristic blockwalling in order to make reasonably secure. Like I said... COPS chose this place. Not admins.

As for the other locations, Syrta is intended to be a pinch-point for drug-harvesters who are brave enough to utilise the west zone fields. More 'attractions' are planned for this area, but I can't talk about them just yet. As for Neochori, there is a civvy garage here (contrary to what was said above), but no car-shop nor DVLA... this is deliberate, because we want to ensure that there is always some reason to go to Kavala or Athira for 'state official' business like getting a driving licence. It's possible that (as society and state control break down) I may remove the DVLA from Sofia and/or Pygoras, so that some western-zone action is guaranteed, but I will NOT be putting carshops and DVLAs into every spawn zone or town in the west. The whole point is that different towns will (in time) gain a different flavour, and different gameplay.

Neochori is positioned to enable control of multiple towns and villages where 'action' routinely happens: and should be used as a base to patrol those other towns like Zaros (where a gun-store is located) which historically never got patrolled at all, yet were often danger-zones for civs whose calls went unheeded because cops were usually too far away. Most importantly, Neochori is on the 'road-corridor' between the drug-fields and the drug-processing, so is thought to be the best locations to enable ambush and ad-hoc vehicle checkpoints to investigate traffic heading to and from the peninsula. In a couple of weeks, stuff is happening which will make Neochori even more of a risky/exciting place to be, but again, I can't go into too much detail now - let's just say the circus is coming to town...

Neochori will also form a vital hub for the waterside patrols that will be required when we finally fix the turtle poaching zones that have been broken since forever. Code is in process to make these actually DO something, rather than be just dots on the map, but we didn't want to hold up the major map changes just for that - ultimately many, many things were changed already, and to wait for 'just one more thing' is a temptation that usually results in nothing ever getting published, so I took the call to run without the turtle zones this time around. There is still plenty of scope for water-based operations into Pygoras from Neochori quay, even to the extent of infiltration of the new rebel outpost that is north-east of Pygoras, or wholesale 'disappearing' of known criminals wandering around Pygoras from the safety of your patrol boats...it all depends on how far your own superiors allow you to push retaliatory actions in the red-zone.

All that said, I'm not going to say "it's perfect" yet. It's a first cut. Although it is a first cut we've had some feedback on (from more lucid and considerate people than perhaps the OP was, it must be said), so we were reasonably confident that it wouldn't provoke mass-whining and short-sightedness. I was (and still am) hoping that (over time), we'll get some sensible ideas for embellishment, based upon what actually happens at these new locations, rather than just get all 'handbags-at-30-paces' about what we think MIGHT happen at these places but haven't observed yet. The fucking map hasn't even been up 24 hours yet, and already people are talking about there being 'no cops left', etc, and this being the end of the world. That's just stupid. Give things a spin, and be rational. Tell me and Wilco which of the existing things on the map might be better served to be moved closer to XYZ HQ in order to attract more civs there in vehicles or on foot, or cause them to spawn there directly. It is NOT all about 'getting driving licences and buying cars'... there should be FAR more to consider than just those two subgames.

Also, tell me what NEW sub-games you might like to see. I've already outlined (on TS) my plans to develop some new 'commodity chains' that involve a couple of steps, or multiple assets being combined in different ways, rather than the simple 'grab A, turn A into B, sell B' type of chains that we have at the moment. The simplest ones to add (which are still basic chains) will be alcohol-related, and fields for these will of course be placed within reach (but not on the doorstep of) Syrta and Neochori.

We could also move the JAIL to Neochori or nearby, if that would act as an attraction?

Instead of just crying 'its shit, it's shit, I liked the old way better and haven't enjoyed the 18 hours I've spent in the new land compared to the 2 month rut I was in on the old one", think bigger. Be excellent. Create, not destroy. Grow a dream - don't just pop everyone else's balloons and spoil the party.

Or I might just say fuck it all, and leave you to stew in your own shit. I don't mind constructive feedback, but fuck me, I HATE whiners, and I loathe people who can't describe their difficulties with a new progression without simply describing everything as 'shit'. It's so... low-brow. I don't work for low-brows or whiners. I work for smart, clever, creative, exciting, challenging people. Be some. Please.

Well, I must say that was a couple of weeks of 14 hours days well spent, then, wasn't it?

I'm sorry Zaeex that you think everything is so shit. Do remind me to come and give you a lesson on 'how to give constructive feedback' sometime, pal. I'm sure you'll benefit from it.

The issues with the hellcat spawn will be checked out as a priority. We've spawned Mohawks and Hummingbirds there without problems (and lifted them off), but evidently the hellcat's rotors are lower, and they clip the fences. Hand up, I missed that, and so did the cops we invited to test the map whilst it was in development. Tough shit. I will spend more time and fix that, of course. But there's no need for anyone to be a cunt about it.

As for the location, it was chosen by the (at the time) CI of Kavala. It was agreed-with by the most-senior ranks of cop on the server (Killerabbit & Rich) as well as some others who knew, and agreed that it was a good location. I for one had NO influence over the location, though I rather liked it once Motosuwa 'sold' the prospects to me. I have worked very long hours to improve upon what was on the original basic map, and although I would not say it is 100% finished yet, it is a workable location, and fit the original remit which was put to us, to remove it from the main city, be less of a troll-magnet, and not require any form of militaristic blockwalling in order to make reasonably secure. Like I said... COPS chose this place. Not admins.

As for the other locations, Syrta is intended to be a pinch-point for drug-harvesters who are brave enough to utilise the west zone fields. More 'attractions' are planned for this area, but I can't talk about them just yet. As for Neochori, there is a civvy garage here (contrary to what was said above), but no car-shop nor DVLA... this is deliberate, because we want to ensure that there is always some reason to go to Kavala or Athira for 'state official' business like getting a driving licence. It's possible that (as society and state control break down) I may remove the DVLA from Sofia and/or Pygoras, so that some western-zone action is guaranteed, but I will NOT be putting carshops and DVLAs into every spawn zone or town in the west. The whole point is that different towns will (in time) gain a different flavour, and different gameplay.

Neochori is positioned to enable control of multiple towns and villages where 'action' routinely happens: and should be used as a base to patrol those other towns like Zaros (where a gun-store is located) which historically never got patrolled at all, yet were often danger-zones for civs whose calls went unheeded because cops were usually too far away. Most importantly, Neochori is on the 'road-corridor' between the drug-fields and the drug-processing, so is thought to be the best locations to enable ambush and ad-hoc vehicle checkpoints to investigate traffic heading to and from the peninsula. In a couple of weeks, stuff is happening which will make Neochori even more of a risky/exciting place to be, but again, I can't go into too much detail now - let's just say the circus is coming to town...

Neochori will also form a vital hub for the waterside patrols that will be required when we finally fix the turtle poaching zones that have been broken since forever. Code is in process to make these actually DO something, rather than be just dots on the map, but we didn't want to hold up the major map changes just for that - ultimately many, many things were changed already, and to wait for 'just one more thing' is a temptation that usually results in nothing ever getting published, so I took the call to run without the turtle zones this time around. There is still plenty of scope for water-based operations into Pygoras from Neochori quay, even to the extent of infiltration of the new rebel outpost that is north-east of Pygoras, or wholesale 'disappearing' of known criminals wandering around Pygoras from the safety of your patrol boats...it all depends on how far your own superiors allow you to push retaliatory actions in the red-zone.

All that said, I'm not going to say "it's perfect" yet. It's a first cut. Although it is a first cut we've had some feedback on (from more lucid and considerate people than perhaps the OP was, it must be said), so we were reasonably confident that it wouldn't provoke mass-whining and short-sightedness. I was (and still am) hoping that (over time), we'll get some sensible ideas for embellishment, based upon what actually happens at these new locations, rather than just get all 'handbags-at-30-paces' about what we think MIGHT happen at these places but haven't observed yet. The fucking map hasn't even been up 24 hours yet, and already people are talking about there being 'no cops left', etc, and this being the end of the world. That's just stupid. Give things a spin, and be rational. Tell me and Wilco which of the existing things on the map might be better served to be moved closer to XYZ HQ in order to attract more civs there in vehicles or on foot, or cause them to spawn there directly. It is NOT all about 'getting driving licences and buying cars'... there should be FAR more to consider than just those two subgames.

Also, tell me what NEW sub-games you might like to see. I've already outlined (on TS) my plans to develop some new 'commodity chains' that involve a couple of steps, or multiple assets being combined in different ways, rather than the simple 'grab A, turn A into B, sell B' type of chains that we have at the moment. The simplest ones to add (which are still basic chains) will be alcohol-related, and fields for these will of course be placed within reach (but not on the doorstep of) Syrta and Neochori.

We could also move the JAIL to Neochori or nearby, if that would act as an attraction?

Instead of just crying 'its shit, it's shit, I liked the old way better and haven't enjoyed the 18 hours I've spent in the new land compared to the 2 month rut I was in on the old one", think bigger. Be excellent. Create, not destroy. Grow a dream - don't just pop everyone else's balloons and spoil the party.

Or I might just say fuck it all, and leave you to stew in your own shit. I don't mind constructive feedback, but fuck me, I HATE whiners, and I loathe people who can't describe their difficulties with a new progression without simply describing everything as 'shit'. It's so... low-brow. I don't work for low-brows or whiners. I work for smart, clever, creative, exciting, challenging people. Be some. Please.
Quoting so everyone can re-read this.

Thank you ED. 

Yeah ED you've taken a lot of flak for this, but thank you from me it's not a job it's a hobby really you are doing and I'm sure you've put many many hours into it good or bad regardless of the changes, you just follow what people tell you wilco and co and do the job nobody really wants to.

I declare we mark the last day of every month thank you ED day we shower him in red gull and let him take centre stage at the nightclub. Maybe..

But seriously I like all my fellow officers and the fence clipping will be sorted out. Massive changes there's bound to be a few hiccups.

I say it's given a week till next Sunday before anyone really does anything see how it is the admins and the higher ups have plans that's plain to see much of which is hidden from the public eye. I'm glad of that almost like dlc to other games we would have to pay for.

Anyway guys let's be reasonable we haven't really had major rebel attacks reason to go east it'll be fun trust me.

Alright peace out and let's remember ED day ;)

DI Maratek

Alrighty then. Since everyone posted their thoughts I'll post my thoughts :D

As a rebel this update is one of the best actually. I love how admins RP'd it instead of just updating. I enjoyed the war and I hope more is to come! I also love the new map - the redzones were we rebels can show our bloodthirsty-selfes. Thanks to that i've been able to enjoy myself alot since the update. 

As for the bank location.. I couldnt be anymore thankful! Now I don't get the feeling "bank-robbery, pfft easy!".. Now I have second thoughts about it. Gives me the feeling that I will die. That's a huge + for me atleast and for all the other "hardcore rebels" that loves action I believe. 

A few "negative" things from my side. As some people stated already: Kavala HQ and bank building. That's all i've noticed actually. 

Other than that I really appreciate your hard work with the update and as I have already stated above - I love it. 

Most of the force is willing to quit if you do not change the server.
Not commenting anything than this, just because it made me sick.

*points towards the door*

Do it, that mean's how much you want to be here.

I understand that you've taken time out of your life to make the server more fun, as of what you wrote, I like it. We definitely need more action in the west. Kavala is a ghost town of VDMers at the moment, myself and CSI Rich, CI Theend, DI Coltas and SGT BetimZ were scouting for a better location for the headquaters so you guys don't need to tweak the old one so much. We came up with a spot that's more ''reliable''. You can speak with Rich or Theend for further details, I'll add a screenshot of the location.

8o2VJNa.jpg

Thank you for your time developing the server and taking your time to read my topic and give me your response.

I understand that you've taken time out of your life to make the server more fun, as of what you wrote, I like it. We definitely need more action in the west. Kavala is a ghost town of VDMers at the moment, myself and CSI Rich, CI Theend, DI Coltas and SGT BetimZ were scouting for a better location for the headquaters so you guys don't need to tweak the old one so much. We came up with a spot that's more ''reliable''. You can speak with Rich or Theend for further details, I'll add a screenshot of the location.

8o2VJNa.jpg

Thank you for your time developing the server and taking your time to read my topic and give me your response.
We also looked at diffrent locations, but this one seems to be the best one.

Too little, too late.

All the cops in Kavala were asked to look for alternative locations for their cop base several weeks ago, and the one that was built on, was the one chosen. For now, it's staying. Too much time has been invested in it by me to simply throw it away. The base you've suggested also does not feature anywhere to put a cop boat spawn which is an essential requirement of Kavala HQ.

The reason the original Kavala HQ (down on the pier) was ditched was because it was decided (not by me, but by senior cops) that it was not RP to wall it all off and make it a secure compound with barriers, etc. I already wasted much time building that solution, only to have that thrown away - I'm NOT going through that again.

The new Kavala base IS the new Kavala base now. The old pier buildings have been sold off to the new civilian boat dealer, and there's no going back there.

I will check out the location you've mentioned, purely out of interest, but can tell you now that it will be some time before I am even remotely interested in moving Kavala HQ again. I will happily tweak the new location to remove problems and improve the overall sensation, but only because I have already invested so much time in it as a result of being requested to do so by the cops who WANTED that place as their new base. That pier, for example... took the best part of two solid days to get working right, due to the vagaries of the ARMA3 editing tools. Fuck am I just going to let that rot after less than a day's worth of gameplay testing.

The cops will have to deal with their own schisms internally, if they don't like it now or they've changed their minds.

If the situation in Kavala is so bad, in terms of jailing prisoners, I can always add a mobile jail-spawn (proximity to the prisoner transport) or perhaps even a hotspot near the carshop? Or perhaps even the Hospital? Logically, if we're just constantly dealing with lunatics in Kavala, it could be said that the hospital has an 'RP reason' for being a place where people are incarcerated (under Section 8 of the Mental Health Act, I believe). Drag them there, within 50m of the front-desk, and send-to-jail... next lunatic form a disorderly queue, please.

BTW Zaeex, much as I appreciate your slightly improved tone, you still owe me a serious apology. You called my work utter shit. I have killed for less, pal.

My first question... why is a CSO trying to get a hellcat out... my second question is why is anyone getting a hellcat out at kavala ?

I-99 was put in by myself as a surveillance helicopter only, it is to be used from police air HQ with 1 person as a pilot and 1 person using the camera to help ground units chase cars etc.

Secondly thanks for calling the map shit... in terms of the server going to shit... it will if you stay here! 

For the disrespect you have shown towards TinyBigJacko I would ban you on the spot, you do not call someone's hard work shit... lets see your server pal ?

Kavala HQ was put there as your seniors in the police requested it, got a problem with that then speak to your senior officers rather than posting a twaty post on the forums.

P.S never heard of blackwater gaming... at least get there name right.

If the situation in Kavala is so bad, in terms of jailing prisoners, I can always add a mobile jail-spawn (proximity to the prisoner transport) or perhaps even a hotspot near the carshop? Or perhaps even the Hospital? Logically, if we're just constantly dealing with lunatics in Kavala, it could be said that the hospital has an 'RP reason' for being a place where people are incarcerated (under Section 8 of the Mental Health Act, I believe). Drag them there, within 50m of the front-desk, and send-to-jail... next lunatic form a disorderly queue, please.
I would seriously love you if you did this. I think the basketball court just next to the car shop would be the best location for it, and I am sorry for trashing your time like that, I just didn't really like it against of what we used to have I guess, so I only saw the negative things.

I've seriously been pissed off sometimes because I have to drive to the HQ and then back just because I need to imprison someone.

My first question... why is a CSO trying to get a hellcat out... my second question is why is anyone getting a hellcat out at kavala ?
I wasn't, it was someone else, theend I think, we were just testing our new HQ out.

I would seriously love you if you did this. I think the basketball court just next to the car shop would be the best location for it, and I am sorry for trashing your time like that, I just didn't really like it against of what we used to have I guess, so I only saw the negative things.

I've seriously been pissed off sometimes because I have to drive to the HQ and then back just because I need to imprison someone.
Honestly, just stick with it a few days and you'll find a way to work it. I know ProActive have, but we've all just got to adapt to this new way of playing the game. I understand you might not like the new system now, but we'll all learn to love it in the long run.

I think if Pyrgos and Sofia are made as rebel only spawns and maybe remove Sytra as a spawn for non cops, would create a lot more traffic down art neochori. Also its  not too far from processing. If you get cops patrolling down there. Overall I think this change will stop the server going dry. Maybe add a battle every other month to or something to create change now and again. (Maybe the cops defend next time)

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel that it needs some major tweaking, but I'm rather happy with Kavala. Although Syrta (Or whatever it is) needs re-doing.

Old post and unsure why it was put on compensation requests.

Moving to denied

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back