What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Police shooting from a helicopter

Chewbastian

I got chased by a police helicopter. At one point they landed and as i drove past them they yelled "stop or your tyres will be shot" after that they started shooting. They failed to shoot out my tyres so they got back in the heli and continued chasing me. They started shooting at me from the helicopter while I was driving my hemmt box. Eventually they managed to shoot out my tyres and I legged it and luckily didn't get caught.

My question is: When is it okay for me to shoot back at the police when they open fire like that? They could have accidentily hit me when I was driving. I wasnt sure if I was allowed to shoot back so I decided not to.

As soon as they have engaged on your vehicle with gunfire then your life is in clear danger, you may return fire as initiation has been made on their side.

One thing I would like to stress. 

A lot of the time Police will shoot tyres to disable your vehicle, not you as the driver/pilot. So please don't take this as a chance to hop out and spray us down. As sometimes when you are evading Police arrest by failing to stop, you leave us no choice as spike traps are easily avoidable. 

Far too often will I see a guy who we have been chasing for 3 minutes only to ask why he is wanted for 1 count of Attempted Vehicle theft, will hop out with a MK18 and light us up the second after we shoot tyres.

@Chewbastian I would personally disagree with what Saul goodman says with the retort that that it is just shit roleplay and all that. But its all for nothing without proper input from a member of staff. Otherwise we end up in a spiral of unwritten rules that people make up as they go along!

@Chewbastian I would personally disagree with what Saul goodman says with the retort that that it is just shit roleplay and all that. But its all for nothing without proper input from a member of staff. Otherwise we end up in a spiral of unwritten rules that people make up as they go along!
The thing is that I feel like according the rules I would've been allowed to shoot. I was just afraid that there would be some sort of an unwritten rule/rule about the police that I couldn't remember at the time. We discussed this with my gang as I was being chased but no one knew for sure. So I decided not to risk breaking any rules. I've never been shot by a police helicopter like that.

yes if they shoot at you, but not if they are shooting your tires...
Nope, it is not possible to make a safe shot only at tires 95% of the time, and even if you can the bullet will likely ricochet inside the vehicle and kill you, any shot hitting your vehicle is considered a shot at your person, and as such you may return fire.

Just to clarify from the discussion we had earlier.  The general response is that if you are being chased by whoever and they initiate on your tyres and then open fire on the vehicle, tyres or otherwise, it's perfectly fine to return fire and defend yourself.

As Ponty stated, consider why they are shooting the tyres before you jump out and start firing back, you may be able to get some good RP out of it!

Last edited by a moderator:
@Chewbastian I would personally disagree with what Saul Goodman says with the retort that that it is just shit roleplay and all that. But its all for nothing without proper input from a member of staff. Otherwise we end up in a spiral of unwritten rules that people make up as they go along!
Perhaps an elaboration on the roleplay factor from my comment would have been more welcomed however, in hindsight I am not wrong. A lot of people die from police shooting tires and shooting back is most definitely an option. But for someone refusing to pull over because a count of "attempted vehicle theft" and then waiting for police to shoot and return fire would be poor. If the chase was engaging and was of a significant amount of time in which all methods of stopping the vehicle are exercised by the police then I see no problem to explore every route of RP.

What I'd like clarified by staff, is whether it's permitted to shoot at cops after cops 'verbally' initiate on tires but with no shots fired from the cops. Usually we'll do this in order to start the 3 min timer. 

We had a situation the other night when we did just that and the guys jumped out and started shooting at us. Not the first time it's happened.  People make the assumption that because we 'initiated' they are free to engage. It's my view that initiating on tires without shots is not initiating on the vehicle occupants and engaging cops on this basis is RDM. Clarification please for the record :)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

On a side note, people run from cops all the time when they've committed a minor ticketable offence.  Usually they lead us to their armed, set up gang mates.  It would be nice if sometimes they just stopped and engaged in some RP. 

One thing I would like to stress. 

A lot of the time Police will shoot tyres to disable your vehicle, not you as the driver/pilot. So please don't take this as a chance to hop out and spray us down. As sometimes when you are evading Police arrest by failing to stop, you leave us no choice as spike traps are easily avoidable. 

Far too often will I see a guy who we have been chasing for 3 minutes only to ask why he is wanted for 1 count of Attempted Vehicle theft, will hop out with a MK18 and light us up the second after we shoot tyres.
This is why I hesitated to shoot back. I knew they weren't trying to shoot me so it would have felt kind of unfair shooting the pilot. It was a good chase tho. My heart rate was higher than after a cooper test.

Back