What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

People driving on the wrong side of the road

Devolved

Hi All,

This is a new player question really.

I was playing the other night for the second time and in a matter of 20 minutes I had 3 head on collisions with other players who were driving on the wrong side of the road. The third collision blew my car up as the oncoming cars speed seemed super fast, i think it was a sports hatchback.

I can understand that people have accidents, and it was fine as I had lots of repair packs.

The final crash though destroyed my car (I assume it did I can't find it in the garage any more) and killed another player I was giving a lift to.

Does a head on accident that causes car explosions count as VDM if the person was on the wrong side of the road? Should I take video footage? Or is this just normal stuff on the server/in this mission?

And therefore probably worth sticking to back roads when the server population is high. I noticed when I started playing on Sunday around 2PM there were only 30 people or so online and I didn't have any problems but once there was 100+ people online there were accidents everywhere?

Any tips for avoiding this sort of thing?

Well if you get head on hit by someone else and HES on the wrong side of the road, it is indeed VDM from his side, people should think a little before they speed around, because not only does it ruin your day if you crash into someone else, it also ruins the guy you smashed into.. So get some common sense people and think a little more before going over 300!

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool, I assume something like shadowplay should be OK for this sort of thing to track the last 10 minutes or so.

Thanks for the response/opinion.

A lot of people also don't realise we drive on the right hand side of the road because it's a British server but we are driving on a Greek Island.

Please take a few things into concideration though;

-Some people have terrible FPS making it hard to drive properly (Incl. myself)

-Some people don't expect you, they don't intend to VDM

So when ever it happends I would try to stay polite and ask for a refund. Ofcourse, it was his fault but it remains a game.

''The final crash though destroyed my car (I assume it did I can't find it in the garage any more) and killed another player I was giving a lift to.''

It gets back into your garage after the following reset ;)

"It gets back into your garage after the following reset"

I didn't realise that, thanks!

TBH the final crash wasn't intentional, i could tell, and he did try to correct course but wasn't quick enough, it was just poor driving, too fast and uncontrolled. I had no intention of claiming VDM, more like reporting to the police in-game for "negligent driving" to feed RP which I think makes sense.

I was a little upset about loosing my gear and car so in that instance I might just ask for a refund like you noted.

Also, i just want to say that you all are fantastic so far, I love RPG games (not MMOs) and strangely the experience with Altis Life on your server beats out things like Skyrim and Fallout for me :p I'm a pen-and-paper RPG player and it's really strange how close this get's to a good RPG group.

When  i was new i kept driving on the left side since its the UK in altislife.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back