What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

New CPU and graphics card

Fergyy

Upgrading my pc with a new processor and graphics card, my pc atm runs Arma poorly so gonna get i5-3570k(matches my socket) and GeForce GTX 960? Will it majorly improve gameplay and such?

If you want to improve Arma3 FPS, make sure your CPU has a high clock-speed. Preferably 4Ghz or over.
Arma3 engine is poorly optimised and to be honest, your GPU upgrade wont make a huge difference.

I went from a Radeon HD 5850 GPU to a Geforce GTX 980 and got a total of 7 whole FPS extra.
Friend of mine bought a new processor (i5 I think) running at 4Ghz, compared to his old 3Ghz AMD and got about a 20 FPS boost.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upgrading my pc with a new processor and graphics card, my pc atm runs Arma poorly so gonna get i5-3570k(matches my socket) and GeForce GTX 960? Will it majorly improve gameplay and such?
I have a 960, i havent had any problems with it, just get a good CPU

How can we know if you don't tell us your current set up  :Confused:

Also, make sure you've got a SSD. SSD for the performance win :Cool:
Current set ups are i3-3320 3.3 Ghz and GT 630, so as you can tell, pretty awful lol.

I run off a AMD 8-Core I'm thinking of switching to Intel but the GTX 960 is a great card!

Make sure if you're getting a i5k you learn how to OC it correctly with correct voltages etc. Depending on what cooler you have as well. There are many helpful guides online! 960 vs 630 is basically a given. 960 will improve your gameplay a lot!

An SSD will not give you a higher FPS. If you are running the game at 25FPS on minimum settings, you're still going to be running the game at 25FPS even with an SSD. You're highest framerate is still determined by your CPU and GPU.

An SSD will give you a higher average FPS. Arma 3 is very hard drive intensive. While a lot of people seem to think that it will improve loading times alone, they are failing to realise that Arma 3 loads constantly - it streams from the drive. If you experience stutter on high draw distances, while moving quickly across the map for example in a helicopter or as Zeus, or in built up areas, you will get a smoother experience with an SSD.

Make sure if you're getting a i5k you learn how to OC it correctly with correct voltages etc. Depending on what cooler you have as well. There are many helpful guides online! 960 vs 630 is basically a given. 960 will improve your gameplay a lot!
I was told not to OC it because it will wear my pc out quicker..

I run off a AMD 8-Core I'm thinking of switching to Intel but the GTX 960 is a great card!
AMD any good?

Back