What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Mic issues

Gourvo

Account suspended upon users request.
I was thinking of streaming but I am faced with a big issue I have a blue snowball mic but upon recordings on shadow play I found the sound my my mouse moving, clicking ,trping and moving fingers along keyboard are picked up along with my co fan (very quit noise) and it really just ruins the video, I tried push to talk but it dosent support mouse button and all other keys are inconvenient and in use

Does anyone know a setting in Sony Vegas pro 13 that reduces noise (however the unwanted typing and clicking are nearly as loud as voice) I tired going to recording in control Peale and turning down sensitive but it didn't help

I've always had this issue with the blue yeti, but i hear other peoples recordings with the same microphone and it sounds great. I really don't know what to do. Going to keep an eye on this, hopefully somebody knows.

Don't have that mic myself but I would suggest

Possibly look at repositioning the mic.

@Unlucky George you have alot of experience with audio setups for recordings, have you got any words of wisdom for this chap

how close is the mic to the desk/mouse and keyboard? is it on a little stand?

I have the same issue too with my Blue Yeti
i am trying different recording software that supports mouse buttons and its slightly better but still a lot of noise when button pressed, and its about 5cm away however i tried at different places and distances but it dosent help

Don't sit the mic on the same table as where your keyboard and mouse is. The vibrations will be picked up. I have mine on it's own little shelf and it works wonders.

Although to be fair I always use my headset anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
are you using a mechanical clicking keyboard i.e. Cherry MX? You can buy o-ring dampeners.

It's just one of the problems of having a condenser mic   

I have a Blue Yeti and I got my mic sounding pretty good, after some time. The main issues with the Blue mics is that they pick up a lot of background noise. A few tips I know is, make sure that your mic is on the right setting (if the snowball has the settings knob thing?) , position your mic correctly preferebly with a shock mount and pop filter. Keep loud noises as far away from your mic as possible, like fans and keyboards etc.

Good luck

I got the Blue Yeti just as Robert and I too use a pop filter and also a mic stand but no shock mount. The ideal setup would be like this, my setup is very similair to this minus the shoch mount (linked, not my setup, picture):

Blue-Yeti-USB-Mic-Mounted-from-Above-on-Boom-Stand.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back