What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Mechanic Upgrade

Gordon2

On A Spiritual Pilgrimage
Staff Team
Elite Donator
Los Santos Police
As many of you to include myself know how much fun being a mechanic is, you also know how much it is impacted by other players. No one has ever been upset when someone transports their vehicle from the Airport to Paleto because they didn't want to drive it. Mechanics are some of the most important members of our community, the roleplay and effort they put in is matched by few. There are some tweaks to the mechanic job I believe could be a massive improvement to the server as a whole.

1. Faction Vehicle Delivery
The current system for when a police car or ambulance is left out and gets eaten by a tornado during the storm is it goes to impound. However, "Bob" the trusted mechanic of the government brings it back to the garage instantly at the command of an Inspector or above. I'd like to see this change to have them delivered just like any other vehicle.

2. Car Carrier
Some of you mechanics may have seen the hundreds of vehicles that popped up on the dispatch system for the last couple of days headed from the city to paleto. Now that was a lot of miles and time to get all those vehicles transported up and with most people doing bin jobs that meant a few dedicated mechanics pulled that off. It would be nice if there was a system that used the car carrier to allow you to transport multiple vehicles at a time if they're all going to the same location. Going a step further, even allow the car carrier to have multiple vehicles going to different locations and make it a route.

3. Increase Trust Level and allow for Self-determined impound.
As it currently sits, the police/g6 either put in 1000 impound requests a restart or zero. This can impact the earning potential and roleplay of a lot of the mechanics not employed at shops. I'd like to see potentially an application process where shop/non-shop mechanics can apply for a level of trust that allows them to impound cars that are illegally parked or destroyed without the need of G6 or Police to set it for impound for them. Abuse of this system is already covered under the rules, and I think having it behind an application process would help decrease any abuse that could occur. This process could have it where these drivers get their training and authority from our well-established mechanic shops in the city.

you just wanna pull them over for not having a commercial license as well as mechanic to cover HGV towing
shhhhhhhhh youre ruining my cunning plan

For heavy towing of like trucks and bigger vehicles we could always add a flatbed trailer that you can hook up to a truck and pull and have it set same as the impound truck that you pull up next to what ever you want to haul and attach it, something like in the picture, only thing I see a problem with is the drop off point would have to be a different location as I can’t see this getting in the impound, also with this there is nothing stopping you from collecting cars to

Attachments

• IMG_4323.png
    IMG_4323.png
    97.1 KB · Views: 0
For heavy towing of like trucks and bigger vehicles we could always add a flatbed trailer that you can hook up to a truck and pull and have it set same as the impound truck that you pull up next to what ever you want to haul and attach it, something like in the picture, only thing I see a problem with is the drop off point would have to be a different location as I can’t see this getting in the impound, also with this there is nothing stopping you from collecting cars to
It would be a great progression. I think it would fit fine tbh.

Someone has probably already suggested this, but I will do it, just in case it hasn't. My brain turns off after reading a lot.

So say you're working in the city, only NPC jobs requested in city boundaries will be assigned to you, But if you go too sandy to deliver a player's vehicle when u request a job in set area, it will only give you jobs within the boundaries of Sandy or paleto for you to take back to the impounds in the city. Then the trip back won't feel painful and worthless.

Hope that makes sense lol

Back