What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Main Desync issues Solved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you guys have any news of getting th "recieving data thing" 

Server 1 after the 20:00 restart is unplayable, extremely bad de-sync.

And again when i logg in during daytime when there are around 70 max 80 ish players on its perfectly playable , but when servers fill up it goes to shit sadly , think the idea of making the 3 servers with 80 players limit seems to be no option

I dont get it why not .....

And again when i logg in during daytime when there are around 70 max 80 ish players on its perfectly playable , but when servers fill up it goes to shit sadly , think the idea of making the 3 servers with 80 players limit seems to be no option

I dont get it why not .....
@Fruityrudy

So rather than us work to fix or improve the issue you would rather us give up ?... what happens when it starts going "to shit" with 70 / 80 players on the server ?

Its clear BIS doesn't really care at moment and there isn't many servers as popular as ours, So we will continue to keep the slots as they are, feedback to them and also try our own adjustments, You can either continue to play or wait until arma 3 update 1.43

@Wilco

Would not a more balanced approach be better?
I understand you don't want to give up testing things, and trying new fixes, thats fine.
It's good that you don't want to give up and you may stumble upon a fix that really helps.

However...

Are you really implementing / testing fixes all day, every day? Would it not make more sense to drop the player size to something where when the server is 'full' it's still actually playable?
I've been barely playing on the server once it gets above 90 players since RP with more than about 3-4 people is simply impossible, or anything that takes more than 50 minutes to complete is simply and utter failure because 3 of our guys have died to De-sync.

My personal preference here, is a more balanced approach.

- Drop servers down to 70-80 players so when the server is full, its more stable and playable.
- When the development team has an idea to try, or a fix (or multiple fixes), queue them for a scheduled restart, where you can temporarily raise the server back up to 120 slots in order to test the fixes.

This way you can still test fixes with the full number of players, but when you're not testing fixes, the server is playable.
I understand that you are the law, and your decision is final.. but please also remember that we are the community, we are a significant part of the servers eco-system and it seems like to me that you're just completely ignoring us.

Please don't completely abandon the people trying to continue playing on the server despite the problems, lets come up with a solution that might not be perfect, but at least its something that benefits us both.

@Mycaelis

I disagree and here is why.

BIS today after receiving multiple RPT files from multiple server owners are saying they still haven't had enough "useful" RPT files.

Source:

vBTC2Ia.png

I think being one of the busiest and most populated Arma 3 servers we continue to keep our numbers the same as we apply fixes and yes behind the scenes most restarts there has been amendments server side (server side files are never published in our change-log for obvious reasons)

Now between 12pm and 1am usually our server is full... after that time it drops back to 70-80 people, I am unsure if you have played then but we have had the same amount of issues when the server has been half empty as when its been full.

The server crashes when there has been 30/40 people on the server, Lets take a look at our KOTH server which is a 80 slot server with a lot less scripts running, This server has crashed 8 times since the 1.42 patch

I know its frustrating however I believe its important we keep going, Its doing some good and we are hearing there working on a updated serverside performance binary which may be released tomorrow as a downloadable separate file, The current binary is clearly no good but it however is better than the default arma3server.exe

We are working hard we are trying different things, Stick with us and help us test or simply take a break until this massive cockup of another arma update has been resolved, I understand its annoying and can get frustrating.

We will continue to comp for server crashes and work towards better performance and that's where we are at right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back