What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Is Toast Still Bread?

Is Toast Still Bread?

• Yes

Votes: 48 90.6%
  • No

Votes: 5 9.4%

• Total voters
Toast is a shortening of "Toasted Bread" and therefore it is still bread. Case closed.

Some would imagine im somwhat of an expert in this field... You'd be wrong, My knowledge and experience is limited to bread.

Wikipedias hoever, is not

Toast is sliced bread that has been browned by exposure to radiant heat. This browning is the result of a Maillard reaction, altering the flavor of the bread as well as making it firmer so that it is easier to spread toppings on it. Toasting is a common method of making stale bread more palatable

Last edited by a moderator:
Depends on your definition of what bread is:

the physical structure of bread has been changed so it would no longer be identified as bread.

You would not look at a lump of dough and say oh look bread. Imagine you asked for bread and the waiter turned up with toast, you would say I asked for bread and the waiter could argue that it is bread, your still going to tell him well I'm not fucking paying for it. The actual act of tasting does also change the physical structure and flavour of the bread, so I am going to disagree with most of you here and state your wrong they are two seperate entities.

*edit- i voted on a whim and wish I could change my vote @PAR Saltyplease could you edit the poll to allow people to change their minds, I initially thought that the initial item had it properties modified but thought about it some more for a couple of hours and deduced that no toast is not bread. p.s. i need a more interesting job

Before you start a reply to me please quote the following two pictures and label what you see in them.

THIS IS : 

03wmt1-articleLarge-v2.jpg

THIS IS : 

Toast-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back