What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Is this Metagaming?

DR SPC Ex GP Mouldy

Probably getting bollocked in a CMO office
Ok, having been a police officer for a few weeks (as a PCSO), I've gotten mixed messages about this (though my friend, who is an SPC and trustworthy, says it's fine) from various off duty cops/rebels. Basically, if I ask for someone's name/ID, can I say that 'this is a fake ID', so I know that whatever they said was not their true name. My friend assures me that a long as I don't know his actual name, it is fine, an I'm sure that's true, I'm just looking for some sort of evidence/proof either way.

I believe this is one for @Walt however I believe you need to go along with fake ID's ad accept them as real ones as stated in a previous meeting.

Best thing I can find is the meeting notes from the week it was discussed and it simply says on the note.   "[SIZE=13.333333333333332px]Fake IDs must be roleplayed[/SIZE]"

Will have to wait until Walt gives a definitive answer but that's the only thing the note says.

It's just, following on from that is that not just a way to avoid any and All police confrontations. In real life surely a policeman can recognise fake licenses - yesterday the big Witch role-play came about as I said something like 'I've just scanned the license and it is registered under the name Donald Trump, not the name you stated'.

I believe @Neostated in a police/rebel meeting that since there is no such thing as a fake ID in game at this time, you can only go as far as to state you are not carrying ID.

What spunky said is how I understand it. From an admin point of view, you can't have a fake ID on the server so trying to claim you have one is sort of power gaming. The police could easily say they have finger print scanners and know who you are, but there isn't one in game therefore it's power gaming.

Please correct me if i'm wrong!

Hello all. Allow me to clarify.

You can CONFIRM it IS a FAKE ID. You do this by roleplaying, and checking the license through the database. As it's fake, it won't appear on the database, thus, allowing you to confirm it is fake.

(This situation would only arise if you have reason to believe they are lying about their identity)

You then go on to question as to why they are using a fake ID.

This is in no way power-gaming. It's like Rebels, claiming a fake ID exists when it doesn't. It's an RP avenue. 

(Yes it probably is power-gaming but 90% of the servers rebel / civilian faction use this as an excuse. So we can either counter it with this, or somehow stop everyone using this)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back