What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Is the server going to get a client tune up?

Mako Murphy

As some players are getting low FPS issues and I've been reading up and some of the FPS issues are to do with the server tuning and I was wondering if/when an improvement will happen. Just to sort of help those with less powerful rigs.

My computer specs are high enough to run it on lowest and I still get poor FPS in AltisLife.co.uk servers.

Processor

Intel® Core i3-2120 CPU @ 3.30GHz

Manufacturer Intel

Speed 3.3 GHz

Number of Cores 4

Video Card

AMD Radeon R9 200 Series

Manufacturer ATI

Chipset AMD Radeon R9 200 Series

Dedicated Memory 3.1 GB

Total Memory 4.0 GB

Memory

8.2 GB
I've underlined the spec that I know isn't good enough to run on anything higher than low and I'm currently saving up to upgrade.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright, lets put this into perspective.

100 Players at once. That is 100 entities in the world.

Most players will have one to two cars at once. We will assume half of them have two, half have one. Therefore 150 entities.

Buildings around you also tax your setup. There is approximately > 400 buildings in Kavala Square.

Each npc, in Kavala there are nearly 25 Npc's.

So, at one cycle your PC will have to process all of these things, 675 in Kavala. You get the point, the more people you have on the server, the more lag you will receive. Unfortunately this is nothing to do with the server, the server is as barebones as it can be. It is just your rig is not good enough to run 100 players + all the other parts of the Altis Life mission.

Alright, lets put this into perspective.

100 Players at once. That is 100 entities in the world.

Most players will have one to two cars at once. We will assume half of them have two, half have one. Therefore 150 entities.

Buildings around you also tax your setup. There is approximately > 400 buildings in Kavala Square.

Each npc, in Kavala there are nearly 25 Npc's.

So, at one cycle your PC will have to process all of these things, 675 in Kavala. You get the point, the more people you have on the server, the more lag you will receive. Unfortunately this is nothing to do with the server, the server is as barebones as it can be. It is just your rig is not good enough to run 100 players + all the other parts of the Altis Life mission.
I know that the more people the more FPS loss there is. So basically the only way to avoid FPS issues without upgrading my PC yet is to basically play on a low populated server?

Looks like I'll be dealing with frame issues then as I'm not going to leave ALUK.

Indeed, that is the problem at the moment. Higher Pop = More Lag

I get around 25-40. It never really dips below 20 since I upgraded ARMA to my SSD.

But yeah, my PC is able to handle it

(Intel i7 4770k 3.4ghz

8gb DDR3 Vengence Ram 1600MHz

r9 290

240gb 840 pro Samsung SSD

MSI Gaming 5 motherboard

h100i Liquid cooler

750D Corsair Case)

and I still get low ish framerate

Last edited by a moderator:
I always try to recommend ssd if you can, not going to solve everything but a good step in the root direction

Same problem, my pc is a beast and can get ultra on everything.....but this server i must set everything on normal or else ill get 20 fps........

That's because you're too busy spending all your time searching for fish that got removed months ago!

Ok... since it seems noone told you yet, SSDs DO NOT increase your performance.

The only advantage to istall the game on your SSD is that it takes less time to load the game. THATS ALL AN SSD DOES!!!!

IF you really are looking to get the best performance in any of the ARMA games, go for atleast an INTEL I5 from the 3000series(K models are recommended) or an older one which should then be overclocked if possible unless you got a 2000series I7(K model).

Your graphics card however should be just fine.

BTW an I3 is NOT a quadcore it has 2 Physical cores and 2 logical cores...

The only advantage to istall the game on your SSD is that it takes less time to load the game. THATS ALL AN SSD DOES!!!!

IF you really are looking to get the best performance in any of the ARMA games, go for atleast an INTEL I5 from the 3000series(K models are recommended) or an older one which should then be overclocked if possible unless you got a 2000series I7(K model).

Load time is an increase in performance, is it not?

I'm planning on buying an i5 purely because they're good value for money and from what I've been told, there's not all that much difference between an i7 and i5.

And as for the "cores" you don't need to sound like a dick about it, I just pulled the info from my computer.

Well you go tell that to people who have had a performance increase.

It's is well known that disk queueing can cause performance degradation in arma3 but it is not the only cause, but it is normally something people can resolve without having to purchase a new cpu or gpu or both.

My cpu and gpu sit at around 35% usage. What's do you think is slowing mine down????

But to turn round right after someone has confirmed it has helped and then say it does nothing is stupid

How about you get a CPU Core Parking Manager in the meantime. That boosts my performance big time on my other PC which has an i3

Back