What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

If you are at beef / war with another gang, colours has to be on.

Father

Los Santos NHS
Los Santos NHS
Brief Summary: If you are at an official beef or war with another gang that you have to wear your gang colours.

Detailed Suggestion:

The gang scene atm with people just fighting out of colours is crazy, its a shambles when you look at 2 gangs who are whitelisted and have their whitelisted clothing, just all in random clothing from monkey suits to people running around like they work in burger shot.

Now, ill run through a scenario and hopefully you understand what i am trying to type, i am fucking dreadful at these so apologies if it comes across as bad.

Lets say: Marabunta is not in gang clothing but incognito doing gunpowder and Ballas rock up (out of clothing also) and attempt to rob Marabunta & a fight breaks out leading to a mass gun fight, leading to multiple people going down from each side, so both gangs kind of retreat and take their losses and recover their injured if they can or head back to turf or regroup (and that scenario ends).

Marabunta and Ballas are both aware of who each other were after the fight and talk to their own groups about what might go forward.

Isak and Tyson set up a meeting to talk with one another about the situation, where both gangs are present I think both gangs should be all in colours for this and no one "ratting about blacked out and not identified"

This meeting they have also doesn't go as planned for each side leading to another fight between both gangs.

And they end up in a beef for a few days or even a war for a couple of weeks, I believe if you reach that phase , both gangs should always be in colours when participating in the "gun fights / hunting" of other gangs.

(this doesn't mean gang members of other gangs cant black out making their own money or doing their own thing outside of the fights / beef)

I also think a few groups will be like "Well I don't want police to identify me" If you wish to part take in street gang activities you must also find the consequences of being in street gang activities.

There is plenty of ways of hiding your "personal" identity when being in full gang colours, gangs can be assigned outfits via the wardrobe, where everyone can wear the same "outfit" making it harder to figure who is who, rather than going "that's isak from marabunta i know his shorts / hat".

The only way police will know its you by 100% if you of course are using your own vehicle.

Gang scene is coming way too competitive and a win mentality where people are using these stupid outfits and out of colours in active wars and beefs to even mingle with "people who aren't even involved" to hide behind and take shots from a far.

At the end of the day, its a game and a roleplaying server, gangs should be wearing their colours in these sort of things, it leads to less headache for staff having to deal with 100 reports of people being rdm'd or randomly shot as they are near a gun fight "by mistake" or not simply knowing what is going on and they happen to be in that area doing a job and the other gang just assume its another person out of colours, it saves all these liasions and reports going up from gangs going against gangs for RDM when people are out of colours then use the excuse "we are in an active war you should know the consequences" while that person kills another gang member while they are wearing an outfit you would expect a homeless person sleeping in an alleyway of sandy shores to wear.

Maybe there could be something talked about with gangs and police to help the "it makes it to easy for police" maybe Police cant just raid bases based off clothing but based off actual arrests and finger prints and finding out that person they caught is actually a "Balla" or if they use the tools they have for the vehicles to get names via ANPR to build lists, but maybe cant just raid off the fact that they see 10 blues and 10 purples fight and use other information like people actually being caught and names and then build a case up that way?

(thinking of ways where gangs and police would both benefit from this, and also the server as a whole)

I myself was a person who would've disagreed with something like this a while back.

The Pros:
More fun in gun fights
Less confusion
Not worrying about who you shoot and have to read OOC chat going off constant when you do shoot someone.
Adds a bit of life to the gang scene by seeing gangs being active in their colours in wars/beef.

The Cons:
You remove the rat tactic which people may be annoyed at.
Gangs may feel like this benefits the police but it isn't about that
How will staff be able to know and check on this? and may cause an issue for staff on that.
Certain groups may feel weird or hard done by as they like to remain incognito? but i guess if they want to fight a street gang, i guess they know what they are getting in to.

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ? Probably not.

+1

All i see is people in wars fighting eachother in all colours except for the ones they should represent.

+1
Rats aint gonna like this one
It all comes down to the win mentality at its current state, if you're roleplaying as a street gang then you should roleplay wearing those colours with pride.
Police should be at the back of your mind as you're main focus is representing your gang, if it was an organization or I guess a more formal group basically a suit gang 💀 then I guess there can be an argument depending on its storyline.
Anyways I see this being downvoted but its the change that needs to happen to reduce the win mentality and increase the roleplay within the dying gang scene.

I'd like to see more gangs wearing their colours in fights, represent your group! +1

Good to see the responses so far, would love to see the opinions of who disagrees with it, for a general chat about it :)

+1

I think what will ultimately be the factor of contention here will be:

"What if I just want to rp with people and not log on to fight or be robbed" which then, I push gangs possibly say to eachother "look between 9am-4pm we dont grab eachother vice versa" to still let people make money, go RP etc.

I think you've said this, but the point was a little unclear:

(this doesn't mean gang members of other gangs cant black out making their own money or doing their own thing outside of the fights / beef)

Otherwise I think this'd be quite healthy, especially because people realistically in gangs would be fighting with their shit on... like even in fights and after theres many ways to mask your identity... You can change your hair to a "wig", wear makeup or beards (makeup for men too because some of them can drastically change your face when done right), but this also helps people identify in a situation when a group who shouldn't be getting involved, or person etc, is. Because it isn't "well half of X gang is blacked out so its probs one of theirs" when it could literally be a baldie, or someone generally wanting the free vending machine scoop where they shouldnt so it can be dealt with, as well as the being shot near something going on because no-one is in colours.

Realistically IMO people should have pride in their gang and wear their colours, but thats my opinion.

I don't know if I've read this wrong, or just being stupid, but I can't figure this out - Do you mean they'd have the in colours 24/7 while in any beef? Or just when they are planning on attacking, hunting, targeting etc... the other group?

surprised at the amount of upvotes tbf(not a bad thing)

admittingly, if gangs(and their leads ofc) think this is a good idea, nothing stopping them from already doing it during beefs/wars by adding a war rule simply stating, "you have to be in colours to involve yourself in the beef"
obviously not a server rule, but i suppose somewhere at that point it could be argued a rule break has taken place with RDM or some shit(not official staff quote, just me saying shit)
"What if I just want to rp with people and not log on to fight or be robbed" which then, I push gangs possibly say to eachother "look between 9am-4pm we dont grab eachother vice versa" to still let people make money, go RP etc.
already somewhat gets done from what i've seen, sometimes gangs tend to do "if you don't want to be grabbed be out of colours" or "x place is off limits for kidnappings killings in relation to the war" or whatever, ofc. they're not 100% safe, but you never really are.

not gonna +1 or -1 but not a bad idea

@Lily Rose The whole being blacked out , was an explanation of if mara for example was at war with Ballas, doesn't mean they have to be in or out of colours to make money or hide to chill out , they can easily black out and do what they want to do, but still at a risk of being caught, being blacked out should not grant you any immunity whatsoever to being grabbed / kidnapped and RP'd with from anyone

@JackJohnson I do not mean by gangs being in colour 24/7 in beef, but for example (you know how gangs do it @everyone fight 9pm or whatever) everyone should be in colours for that, imo if a gang is pushing another gang everyone should be in colours for it, the fights , both gangs should be in colours.

now on to the point of kidnapping or anything like that, maybe something like if there was less than 6 ballas online? they can easily black out and still go plan a kidnap/robbery on lets say 2 marabunta at the smeltery (if they have identified them in colours or out)

as said , i am shite at writing and explaining things via a text format, but i hope you do understand what i am meaning in some sense

@JackJohnson I do not mean by gangs being in colour 24/7 in beef, but for example (you know how gangs do it @everyone fight 9pm or whatever) everyone should be in colours for that, imo if a gang is pushing another gang everyone should be in colours for it, the fights , both gangs should be in colours.
Yeah, so for pushing turfs and attacking etc... +1 makes sense

I really like to see this again. Back in the day, almost three years ago, there was a Ballas Aztecas war. All were in colours. Aztecas pushed Ballas turf on foot. I was doing surveillance and gathered info. Could I identify Aztecas? No, since they were smart about it, how I wont say.
But the immersion was great. It was a proper turf war on foot, in colours (and without marksman )

The only problem I see here, it's probably a roleplay problem. If you would follow the assumption through and this would be enforced by staff, it would mean that whoever is out of colours shooting in a gang war would be punished. Not sure if that's doable

Last edited:
Back