What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Hello, discussion regarding tests.

big smonk

Hello fellow homo-sapiens.

So it has recently come to my attention that using altislife.co.uk is not an effective test for an efficient computer.

I have an Intel Core i7 5960X Extreme Unlocked Processor (yeah I had to copy and paste that)

A GTX 980ti (I have also ordered another one, should be coming soon)

Some ranger mother board

Some big ass supplying power box thingy

And some cool as liquid cooling

What would you fine specimens recommend for a good test of efficiency?

Run through Kavala with a full server with a load of squeakers shouting at you and if you're PC doesn't crash you are doing well.

This server is heavily scripted without having a game that is actually optimised. So if your PC can false this then you're set for everything. You may also want to ensure you have a real good internet connection.

This server is heavily scripted without having a game that is actually optimised. So if your PC can false this then you're set for everything. You may also want to ensure you have a real good internet connection.
I can mostly go through Kavala when the server is full of hobos and get around 50-60 fps

Also, did the speed-test on Ookla and got 16 ping, 162 download and 12.23 upload. 

speed.png

162meg down?! You just made me be sick. I wish i was getting that kind of speed.

The 5960X is from the HEDT line of intel procs, the X being 'Extreme'. Realistically this CPU should be able to cope with proetty much anything thrown at it. The HEDT line is ideal for something like 4k transcoding, CPU intensive rendering etc. The 2x 980ti's should easily handle any graphical tests and the Asus Ranger boards are extremely good. 

How much ram is on the board?

Hello fellow homo-sapiens.

So it has recently come to my attention that using altislife.co.uk is not an effective test for an efficient computer.

I have an Intel Core i7 5960X Extreme Unlocked Processor (yeah I had to copy and paste that)

A GTX 980ti (I have also ordered another one, should be coming soon)

Some ranger mother board

Some big ass supplying power box thingy

And some cool as liquid cooling

What would you fine specimens recommend for a good test of efficiency?
I find the first thing to test is the effectively of your waterproofing, best way to do this is boil the kettle, lay you computer on its side and pour water into any and all vents, sparks and smoke means your computer is really excited and wants to celebrate , good look kim, I wuv you Wong time

I find the first thing to test is the effectively of your waterproofing, best way to do this is boil the kettle, lay you computer on its side and pour water into any and all vents, sparks and smoke means your computer is really excited and wants to celebrate , good look kim, I wuv you Wong time
You do realize that some people will take this VERY serious right?

You do realize that some people will take this VERY serious right?
Well you see ,personally i am very interested in the results and word greatly appreciate videos and pictures of the procedure

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree waterproofing is very useful, but in my opinion fire resistance is more important.

I'd recommend using petrol, but any fuel of your choice will work. Cover the PC in fuel (and maybe soak it over night to push it), and then set it on fire. I usually think the best PCs melt, but that's personal opinion

I agree waterproofing is very useful, but in my opinion fire resistance is more important.

I'd recommend using petrol, but any fuel of your choice will work. Cover the PC in fuel (and maybe soak it over night to push it), and then set it on fire. I usually think the best PCs melt, but that's personal opinion
Hello, I tried out your solution by pouring petroleum over my PC (With safety goggles of course) I then pulled out a match and lit it.

There was a a horse fire, my cat died, my dog is practically a bagel bite and my house has burnt down. How should I proceed? 

Hmmm... well I'd say it sounds like your computer's fans didn't work very well. What case do you use?

Back