What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

GTA RP - Guns not firing.

DS Jeremy Dent

Los Santos Police Senior
Los Santos Police Senior

Server: GTA RP
Character Name: Jeremy Dent
Steam ID: 76561198039242866
Date: Aug 4, 2024
Time: 01:45
Provide a one sentence summary of the bug: Guns not firing.
Provide a full description of the bug: On many occasions now, I find myself in a gun fight which can be rare for my character. I pull out my gun or taser and aim it. once ready i begin to fire if necessary but nothing happens as a result leading me to get downed very often. It sucks to feel at a disadvantage during these moments. If i drop my gun/taser on the floor and pick it back up again it will fire. This happened today but once picked back up and firing a few shots i got knocked over by a car. I got back up to send some shots but the gun failed again.
Link(s) To Any Screenshots/Footage Of The Bug: Can render a clip if neccesary but all it will show is me aiming my gun lol.

Server: GTA RP
Character Name: Jeremy Dent
Steam ID: 76561198039242866
Date: Aug 4, 2024
Time: 01:45
Provide a one sentence summary of the bug: Guns not firing.
Provide a full description of the bug: On many occasions now, I find myself in a gun fight which can be rare for my character. I pull out my gun or taser and aim it. once ready i begin to fire if necessary but nothing happens as a result leading me to get downed very often. It sucks to feel at a disadvantage during these moments. If i drop my gun/taser on the floor and pick it back up again it will fire. This happened today but once picked back up and firing a few shots i got knocked over by a car. I got back up to send some shots but the gun failed again.
Link(s) To Any Screenshots/Footage Of The Bug: Can render a clip if neccesary but all it will show is me aiming my gun lol.
try spamming your alt eye, i find it happens cause the eye doesnt disengage properly

try spamming your alt eye, i find it happens cause the eye doesnt disengage properly
I don’t know if this is the case or not but if so try “resetui” in the F8 menu too.

Alternatively putting the gun on the ground and picking it back up sometimes helps people.

I don’t know if this is the case or not but if so try “resetui” in the F8 menu too.

Alternatively putting the gun on the ground and picking it back up sometimes helps people.
Hi mav

Yeah threw the gun on the ground last night and picked it up again and it worked fine, got knocked by a car and tried to fire again to find the problem, the guy i was fighting had a PDW and experienced the same issue lol

This. Like maverick said, resetui will also reset the eye so archies eye is most likely the cause. I've found when unable to shoot I am also unable to punch or to enter a vehicle. Spamming alt seems to fix it, sometimes in combination with swinging my mouse left to right.

This. Like maverick said, resetui will also reset the eye so archies eye is most likely the cause. I've found when unable to shoot I am also unable to punch or to enter a vehicle. Spamming alt seems to fix it, sometimes in combination with swinging my mouse left to right.
Thankin you

If anyone has any steps to reproduce this that would be insanely useful

If anyone has any steps to reproduce this that would be insanely useful
Try going down the route of messing with the third eye a little and see what happens from there, i think everyone is right because it doesn't only apply to guns, baton or even fists are unusable when it hits

Had this issue a couple times today. The clip doesn't show it but I was clicking and nothing was happening except the odd round shooting every now and then. In the first bit of the clip when the lad exposes his body I'm spamming the trigger and nothing it happening at all. You can see me reload to try and fix it and even dropping the gun mid fight to try and fix it. After that I just try shooting at anything and only 3-5 rounds get fired off despite clicking over and over. I don't seem to be able to replicate it and didn't think to check f8 logs at the time unfortunately.

Had this issue a couple times today. The clip doesn't show it but I was clicking and nothing was happening except the odd round shooting every now and then. In the first bit of the clip when the lad exposes his body I'm spamming the trigger and nothing it happening at all. You can see me reload to try and fix it and even dropping the gun mid fight to try and fix it. After that I just try shooting at anything and only 3-5 rounds get fired off despite clicking over and over. I don't seem to be able to replicate it and didn't think to check f8 logs at the time unfortunately.

So who's gonna tell him?...

I think this is because of the anti ghost peaking stuff in place. I sometimes wonder if this is the cause of this problem unintentionally, as even shooting through a fence (with slats), or around a lamppost can cause this to activate.

I think this is because of the anti ghost peaking stuff in place. I sometimes wonder if this is the cause of this problem unintentionally, as even shooting through a fence (with slats), or around a lamppost can cause this to activate.

Tbf I’m not overly familiar with the ghost peaking thing (sorry I’m not a fragger, sue me 😄) but this has happened today out in the open during a different situation in which my recording software corrupted too, I was just trying to highlight what happens and it was the only clip I had.

Ever since I've been aware of it having to do with archies eye (maybe 6-9 months ago?) I have never had an issue with it. If my gun doesn't shoot I will spam the eye a few times and it's sorted.

@Atlas did you try at any point when you were having issues to spam alt? If not try that, maybe also in combination with the ghost peeking stuff in place.

I know there's some issues atm with anti-fragger stuff. Anti ghost peek, anti glitch roll etc. Seems like M1911s are especially broken.

Back