What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Group markers 24/7

Houston

Didn't know where else to put this thread but here is a great tip that i found.

With these settings below you can speak in direct chat with caps lock but constantly stay in group (so you can see your gang members markers) so you dont have to keep changing when in combat for more efficiency and still be able to continue with your roleplay in direct.

All you have to do is assign caps lock for direct chat and make sure group channel is selected by using the . or , in the bottom left corner.

Untitled_1.jpg

Once these settings are enabled you will be in group chat in the bottom left corner but as soon as you hold caps it will start speaking in direct, as soon as you let go of caps it switches back to group.

Some people already know about this but for those who don't here you go (I only discovered it today XD)

@Zynnnn@nootnoot8@Greater007@moos

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the tip mate! Will defo tell pepole about this durning patrols

I have it different - just in case that is of use to people...

I leave CAPSLOCK as the default 'Push To Talk' (so you always have that as a fallback option, regardless of what VON channel you are in).

I set my Mouse Left Shoulder button to 'Talk on Direct channel'.

Mouse Right Shoulder to 'Talk on Vehicle channel'.

Then you are covered for ANY situation. Though tbh, I rarely ever use CAPSLOCK anymore. No need. The two mouse shoulder buttons fulfil all usual situations.

I then add MUTE MIC triggers to Teamspeak, on those same mouse-shoulders. Button-down fires the mute, Button up unmutes again. That way, as long as the either VON-talk shoulder button is held, I am not transmitting on Teamspeak at the same time, with that bloody awful doubling and lag! Anyone who uses Voice-activation on TS should consider this, tbh. 

If you want to take it to the max, you can also mute the SOUND on TS at the same time, but I find that's usually not too much of a bother (and I have that wired up to a separate keypress anyhow, just in case).

I have it different - just in case that is of use to people...

I leave CAPSLOCK as the default 'Push To Talk' (so you always have that as a fallback option, regardless of what VON channel you are in).

I set my Mouse Left Shoulder button to 'Talk on Direct channel'.

Mouse Right Shoulder to 'Talk on Vehicle channel'.

Then you are covered for ANY situation. Though tbh, I rarely ever use CAPSLOCK anymore. No need. The two mouse shoulder buttons fulfil all usual situations.

I then add MUTE MIC triggers to Teamspeak, on those same mouse-shoulders. Button-down fires the mute, Button up unmutes again. That way, as long as the either VON-talk shoulder button is held, I am not transmitting on Teamspeak at the same time, with that bloody awful doubling and lag! Anyone who uses Voice-activation on TS should consider this, tbh. 

If you want to take it to the max, you can also mute the SOUND on TS at the same time, but I find that's usually not too much of a bother (and I have that wired up to a separate keypress anyhow, just in case).
Pretty good for an admin however for rebels/cops/civilians problems will arrise when needing to hotmic

Pretty good for an admin however for rebels/cops/civilians problems will arrise when needing to hotmic
Derp. So just add a shift key into the mix. If the above, and Shift (or Ctrl-Alt, or whatever you like), have TS ignore the mute. At least then you won't be hotmiking ALL the time, and annoying your buddies in TS (or metagaming).

TBH... this is why you leave the default PTT on Capslock, too... so you always have the 'old way' available, if you need it.

Derp. So just add a shift key into the mix. If the above, and Shift (or Ctrl-Alt, or whatever you like), have TS ignore the mute. At least then you won't be hotmiking ALL the time, and annoying your buddies in TS (or metagaming).

TBH... this is why you leave the default PTT on Capslock, too... so you always have the 'old way' available, if you need it.

I might have to try this! However, unsure how you would make TS ignore the mute surely as soon as you press the key that should mute it, it will ignore the Shift being pressed ? 

Back