What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Game freezes and screen goes black

Holmes-

Hey 
I have troubles with Arma 3 it keep freezing at least One time during an hour.
The symptoms are that my screen shortly after the game freezes my screen goes completely black. And i cant do anything, after a couple of minutes and me trying to alt tab out and in the game. IT usally comes back but not always.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe your graphics card drivers are crashing ?, Does this only happen on Arma 3?

Maybe your graphics card drivers are crashing ?, Does this only happen on Arma 3?
Well i have issues playing csgo sometimes. IT also freezes but IT is only for One or two second. But in csgo my screen usally does'nt goes black.

Just got a new computer and IT has decent specs. Im considering to try and disable nvidia's shadowplay while playing to see if it changes anything

Shadow play shouldn't be a problem, could you perhaps list the specifications of your computer and where the location of the games you play are being kept (For example on an SSD). It also might want to be noted that you could be using graphical settings that are too high.

Shadow play shouldn't be a problem, could you perhaps list the specifications of your computer and where the location of the games you play are being kept (For example on an SSD). It also might want to be noted that you could be using graphical settings that are too high.
I have IT in a hdd. Graphic settings medium.

Intel i7 7700 2.8 3.8 in boost

Nvidia GTX 1060 6gb gddr

8gb ram 

I have IT in a hdd. Graphic settings medium.

Intel i7 7700 2.8 3.8 in boost

Nvidia GTX 1060 6gb gddr

8gb ram 
you build it yourself? Drivers up to date?

Noo its a laptop xD ASUS gl502vm
Drivers up to date? When did the issue start happening? Is it only on the internal display, or does it happen on external displays as well?

Drivers up to date? When did the issue start happening? Is it only on the internal display, or does it happen on external displays as well?
Well it is brand new downloaded the graphic drivers from nvidia's homepage. Only internal have'nt tried connecting to an external

Well it is brand new downloaded the graphic drivers from nvidia's homepage. Only internal have'nt tried connecting to an external
When did the issue first start occurring? is it only in games that you get this black screen? is it all Games?

Do you have G-Sync enabled on the display? Have you tried turning that off?

Anything in the windows event viewer logs related to graphics/nvidia ?

When did the issue first start occurring? is it only in games that you get this black screen? is it all Games?

Do you have G-Sync enabled on the display? Have you tried turning that off?

Anything in the windows event viewer logs related to graphics/nvidia ?
It started this week where i for my computer. Atm yes its only in Arma but that is probably because i try to tab out the game. 

Gsync is enabled 

Have'nt noticed anything yet

Update: I noticed that i can also happen in For Honor.

And there was some DistributedCom errors during my session of gaming for Honor 

You're issue is that the specs in a gaming laptop are not comparable to those of a PC, Arma 3 is an extremely CPU intensive game. I would advise to not try and take your graphics to the extreme, keep applications closed that aren't important as it takes up a large sum of your RAM ofwhich is limited in most Laptops.  It's also advised to keep distance settings lower and change som key details in the launcher preferences. Have a fiddle and go from there.

Kind regards,

Wolfy.

You're issue is that the specs in a gaming laptop are not comparable to those of a PC, Arma 3 is an extremely CPU intensive game. I would advise to not try and take your graphics to the extreme, keep applications closed that aren't important as it takes up a large sum of your RAM ofwhich is limited in most Laptops.  It's also advised to keep distance settings lower and change som key details in the launcher preferences. Have a fiddle and go from there.

Kind regards,

Wolfy.
The laptop he has, if the one specified is fitted with a 6700k quad core w/ hyper threading and a GTX1060. so i seriously doubt CPU is the issue here, and the specs are more than comparable to PC.

@Holmes- you've stated the issue occurs when trying to tab out of the game. If you arent tabbing out does it work fine? What is your arma 3 video settings set to - Fullscreen/Fullscreen Windowed/Windowed ?

I recall a similar issue happening with mine if it was fullscreen and i tried to tab out to desktop. Setting it to Full Screen Windowed may help you.

The laptop he has, if the one specified is fitted with a 6700k quad core w/ hyper threading and a GTX1060. so i seriously doubt CPU is the issue here, and the specs are more than comparable to PC.

@Holmes- you've stated the issue occurs when trying to tab out of the game. If you arent tabbing out does it work fine? What is your arma 3 video settings set to - Fullscreen/Fullscreen Windowed/Windowed ?

I recall a similar issue happening with mine if it was fullscreen and i tried to tab out to desktop. Setting it to Full Screen Windowed may help you.
I Play in full screen :)  Will try windowed 

The game suddenly freezes so the picture does'nt move. So i can either choose to wait and see if it comes back or i can try to alt tab out of the game. I usally do the second. Dont have to much patience. Sometimes it completely crashes, sometimes it comes back and sometimes i get disconnected from the server. :)

Thank you so much everyone who answering and Are trying to help me :)

Back