What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

[Feature] Tanoa Farming

noms

Banned
6326470cce.jpg

What is Farming in Tanoa Life?

There are now five types of farming in Tanoa Life:

1. Allotment Farming
  2. Wild Farming 
  3. Illegal Farming
  4. Lumbering
  5. Animal Farming
Allotment Farming

The allotment farming system is much like one you'd find in a typical MMORPG, really; at least in principle. It's rather simple, actually. You'll start by going to your nearest allotment, and from there you'd go and purchase some seeds from the local allotments market, who'll be right there to help you out.

359de219ad.jpg

He'll sell you all you need to get started camping. You'll need a Farm Hoe (naturally) and some seeds of whatever you want to farm. (It's worth noting at this point that no prices shown in screenshots are final). If you're like me and you don't fancy standing while waiting for your crops to grow, you'll want to grab a camping chair too.

After grabbing an empty allotment spot, it doesn't matter as long as you're not annoying other farmers, you'll simply use the items in your y inventory and plant them. You'll only be able to plant a maximum of 5 to begin with, but you'll be able to plant more as you level up. 

007f97c038.jpg

At this point you'll want to wait. If you were clever and you bought a camping chair to sit on, go ahead and rest your feet for a while. 

519dc9fffc.jpg

When the crops are ready you simply windows key over them (they'll tell you if they're not ready, they're very picky) and you'll mine. You'll hear a noise and see a message to show you're harvesting the crops - and bingo! You'll end up with some sugarcane and stems in your inventory, which you can then replant. You'll almost always get your seeds back, and 70% of the time you'll get more than you planted, meaning you can quickly start making a profit with this system.

bc8cc03b27.jpg

Repeat until you fill your truck, and go off and process or sell! 

Wild Farming

Wild farming is different in the way that you don't plant anything. You'll have to go and find resources naturally on the map, and hope they're not on anyone's property or that there aren't bandits lurking in the shadows. The process of gathering is the same - you windows key with the right tool in your inventory and you gather. The only difference is you don't get seeds, and once the plant has gone - it's gone until the next restart.

Illegal Farming

Illegal farming is almost exactly the same as allotment farming - except you'll almost definitely not want to do it in an allotment area. You can do it anywhere, except within 250m of towns and within 50m of roads. This is so that hobos don't troll by planting 50 weed bushes on the road out of town. 

Lumbering

Lumbering is fairly simple and highly profitable. Drive your truck up to a large selection of trees, get your axe out and just go ham on that windows key. Each tree takes a little while to chop down and the bigger the tree the longer it takes - but the bigger the reward! Finally, I can be a lumberjack and be okay, and even wear woman's clothing. 

Animal Farming

Finally, there's animal farming. Thankfully, ArmA limits us in terms of what we have access to in this regard. We have Goats, Sheep, and Hens; each giving Milk, Wool, and Eggs respectively. You can then take these resources and process them to make other things (that you can sell for more money)  or simply sell the raw resources. It's entirely up to you.

Or... 

You could utilize the new warehouses system, and go and store your hard-earned resources for later use.

4fa5d41489.jpg

Future Plans

• Add Wheat (Already half in)
  • Add more trees to lumbering
  • Require certain tools for illegal farming (Lights, etc)
For now, I'll be moving onto the second tier resources, or first tier processing, in which things like sugarcane turn into sugar, and wheat turns into flour. Feel free to make your suggestions that aren't "ADD CORN!" or something. <3

Looks amazing! 

This will be what makes be buy Apex. So far I've held out due to lack of funds, but now farming is a thing, I'll be getting it tonight. Great job on this Dev team! 

@PeachMaster, as I am an honourable gentleman I shall give you first pick. So, which crop is it to be?

Cant wait to start my own farm!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

N

27 minutes ago, Dutchyy said:

Cant wait to start my own farm!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Never Busy ha?  Thats good

Would it be possible to make it so that trees for example don't disappear, but instead get a 'depleted' status and you have to wait x amount of time before you can farm it again?

The farming is looking great by the way!

I personally think to make another more profitable way of doing drugs is having "drug houses" where you can plant weed plants and have to setup lights etc. but there'll be a chance that your neighbors or bypassers "Smell the weed" and alert the cops, these drugs will grow faster due to the artificial sorroundings

else I fucking love this, well done! now on to add fishing and underwater farming :D

Wish I could buy Apex for this!

Guess I'll be stuck on Altis until I have money for a plane ticket to Tanoa ?

Back