What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Day 3 NHS - the Race (Altis Journal)

Psychel

I remember when I first arrived in Kavala and asked people what they do here I have many suggestions.  These ranged from drug running to being a rebel.  When I asked about the NHS I was told that this choice was boring.

So you can imagine my surprise considering my medical background.

So far as most of you can read from my blogs, it has been anything but boring, and todays race was even more exciting.  It started with a meeting in Kavala hospital, it was there that myself and the fellow students that I have been training with were told some awesome news.  We were being allowed to drive our own trucks.  However we were given strict instructions.  Don't break them, don't scratch them.

I have never seen ambulances driven so carefully on the way to the starting line.  We were all so proud when we parked them in a cute little line.  We knew that people would be trying to to get to the front, so we did park, what we considered was a distance away.

As we were taking in the sight of all these beautifully prepared and washed vehicles we heard what every Medic loves, BOOM.

ambulanceparking.jpg

For an unknown to me reason, all the cars at the front of the line blew up.  We all ran straight for it, however interestingly the students stayed back from the flames, and the instructor caught fire and needed as much medical care as the drivers caught in their cars.

After reviving and treating loads of people, myself and the other students took a moment, and one was over heard to say "They should not have parked as close to each other" in a cocky voice.  Unfortunately as I heard that, I turned to see all 3 of the ambulances on fire.  I mean 3 ambulances, when was the last time anyone saw 3 ambulances on a server at the same time let alone in the same place.

So much for us being smart.  However at least one of us was, as the helicopter was ok and we were flown back to get the spares.

Now I decided to put myself in a crossroad by the copper mine as most vehicles would pass me there.  As soon as the race started my map bleeped with the roadkill and carnage.  I know that the medics at the start were busy as the chatter was "You do that one", "Wait for the flames" and "Who is going to do him".

To top it all the sun was now going down and night vision was needed.  Now I don't now how many of you have tried driving a ambulance in the dark with night vision glasses. Imagine being drugged, underwater and with a cold.  That maybe close to the effect.

But we are hard in the NHS, (Yeh right) so I carried on.  Once I was sure everyone was past me (including my colleagues) I started to drive on the main road.  The chatter was now about whether we were actually allowed to go into the UNMC area, none of us were particulary happy about this, but when did we ever get given a choice.

So imagine the scene, you have 3 students, driving 3 ambulances, in the dark, with NVG and lights on.  Disaster oncoming.

So my first was nearly running straight into a crashed vehicle.  My life flashed before me, well actually the immortal words of "Don't scratch my vehicles" went through my mind as I only just missed it.  Afterall I had already blown up one ambulance today.

I stopped to mop my brow, and only then realised someone was needing attention right near me.

Unfortunately I needed to get his car impounded in order to get to him, which once I had given him medical attention he was unhappy with his car being gone, that I thought I would give him a little lift.

Now no body had said we could not do this at this stage.  Then over the NHS radio one of the students asked "Can we give a lift if we are asked". When the answer came through as no I had to stop and ask him to leave.  I felt really guilty, but the question had been asked and answered.

Just by the airport I caught up with the student who had asked the question.  So far I had been well in the back, but now I felt I was catching up as I could see his lights in front of me.  In fact all of a sudden if was really bright as he drove into a police barrier and blew up.  Now I should apologise to the attending policeman who came over for a laugh, as there was so much chatter on the radio that I could not hear him.

After loosing another ambulance the student got in mine and we carried on.  We were getting close to the UNMC, but before the checkpoint we ran into the police and some racers in an arguement on the main road.  Normally we would steer clear and wait, but today we came off the road and carried on.

We approached the border with dry mouths and parked off to the side to talk to the border patrol and ask permission.  We actually made a great impression because as we got there some one needed immediate attention.  Again the chatter over the radio was loud and we crept through the border not really being able to hear a word, but there were no gun shots.

Now we were in unknown territory, and were directed to the top of the map.  On route we kept getting a request from a SGT. who was complaining that he was in the water and had been bitten by Jaws.

I could not resist and we headed straight for him.  I wandered why no body else had gone to him, right until I put my foot in the water.  Bloody hell it was cold.  He was just far enough in for the water to cover my testicles, (which eventually returned from inside my stomach). After giving him medical attention I wanted to find out what happened.  Through chattering teeth all I heard was "Cold, testicles, Need warm hands" before I ran away, after all we have all heard stories about what happens over the border!!.

What a great event I hope everyone enjoyed it as much as we did, but just to clarify I managed to keep my ambulance in tip top condition (the poo stain on the passenger side chair was not due to my driving).

Gregory House

Last edited by a moderator:
Again a brilliant post.....

Just want to note that this was a locked server event, hence the NHS were in the unmc.

Might be worth adding some screenshots :)

I had a great couple of days training with you guys. The first day I was allowed to pilot the chopper for a while and got it back in one piece. For this event it was a great time for us to come out of our shell and really show the citizens of Altis that the NHS are there for them no matter what. When we were all waiting at Kavala Hospital and the green light was given for me to fly the heli for the event I was both pleased and scared at the same time. I took off a little later than the ground crews as had to fill my heli with supplies. When I was airborne it was a great sight to see a convoy of ambulances below me. A show of force, but a force that helped people in need. I got to the start line and I was amazed at the array of vehicles below me. Pink, purple, blue ifrit's, go carts, tempests, offroads, it was great. But then in the darkening sky's, helicopters! I think I saw 4-5 and realised I had to be real careful in the skies.

I found a landing spot near to another heli and landed it safely on a slight hill. As I got out a man was running towards me and a voice I recognised from the NHS pleaded with me not to crash the NHS heli and to keep it safe. This pressure I can handle as my training had provided this confidence. It was then he was debating that if the heli survived he was going to give me his flying helmet that you cant buy on the island and only overseas! Now THIS pressure I cant take and politely informed him that although I would love his flying helmet I cant deal with that pressure and will just concentrate on not destroying the NHS's pride and joy. He wished me luck and jumped back in his heli.

THe race started and as we all thought BOOOM at the start line, bodies everywhere, the NHS was in full swing and dealing with the incidents swiftly and with upmost professionalism. I took off and followed the front runners until they all started to take there own preferred route and landed a few times to revive racers that the road paramedics had not got to yet as they were extremely busy at the back of the column of racers.

Now, as for the UNMC checkpoint, I had a couple of casualties beyond the border but did not fancy my heli being shot down so landed before the checkpoint. As I got out and my heli spooled down I could hear a police officer requesting permission to cross the border. This is when I heard a voice from within the checkpoint, but at the same time I could not see him say 'NO ONE COMES PAST THE BORDER' and 'IF ANY OF YOUR OFFICERS PASS THE BORDER, I WILL SHOOT YOU FIRST. Well, I thought, That's the police but we are the NHS! I have people to save! I walked across the road and up to the checkpoint as the police officers were preparing to leave the area with those stern words ringing in there ears. I looked up at a tower in the checkpoint with my knees trembling and my mouth dry. 'Hello, NHS paramedic' I said to the dark tower, I could see no one! Out of nowhere a voice said 'HELLO THERE', god knows where he was but I told him my name and we were unarmed and requested permission to go through to help people. He had to check with his General and surprisingly we were allowed in, I informed him of our numbers and we proceeded through the checkpoint. It was a crazy sight across the border and people dying all around. I did land to help one gentlemen who had a bad concussion and thought that a rather fetching blue Ifrit was his gocart! He mended the wheels on it and jumped in and this is when we realised a body was still inside and we had to save him. The ambulances approached the finish line but there was gun fire and tracers shooting up into the night sky! I did not know if this was aggressive gunfire or celebrations by the guys on the ground for finishing the race. With the words from the man at the start of the race still at the front of my head I did not want to damage this heli right at the end so directed the ground crews from the air.

It was a great event and I had a great time with the rest of the NHS. Thank you for setting this up and allowing the NHS to take part when the citizens of Altis needed us!

Aweome Post.  Here is a picture of the BOOM.

This is now annoying me as I cannont paste the picture into the forum

Aweome Post. Here is a picture of the BOOM.

This is now annoying me as I cannont paste the picture into the forum
Use
img.jpg
If your a donator I think you can upload to the forum, but then only donators may view it

Sorry if I came over a bit paranoid Steve :) congrats on the safe flight i was amazed there were no mid air collisions, although i counted 3 heli's crashing near the end in unmc territory.

You had the reputation of the NHS to think of and I completely understand. I did not crash the heli but I would like to add that we did blow up on route back to hospital along with everyone else dying, I presume it was an atom bomb but it definitely destroyed us along with every other living soul at the time.

Back