What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Come back

Salty

The Salties Salty
Unlinked
So i bought Rust and played on the server.

HOW ABOUT YOU ALL BRING YO ASS BACK!!!

Thanks much love ,

Salty

Thing is, people were playing on the server for the plugins. There are plenty of vanilla servers out there but the reason this server was popular was due to the correct balance of plugins, and the boost from the aluk community.

Personally I am not interested in playing a vanilla server, gathering wood is difficult enough with 5x gather and I like that the speed of construction gives space for gunfights. As well as that, big gangs will always dominate the server. Even if it takes them a few extra days.

I would suggest that you wait until the next forced wipe and wipe everything (including blueprints) to start from the beginning. Bring the plugins back to increase the number of active players and I would suggest hiring a few rust admins to keep things in order on the server. I would volunteer for this role as I have experience with administration in rust and want to see the server at the highest standard it is capable of. There are many others who have the same mindset and would have a lot of dedication to the servers development. Of course I understand why you would be hasty about hiring admins which is all good but bringing back the plugins is something you don't have much choice about as far as I see it. Either that or taking down the server

Apologies for the poor grammar, I wrote this on my crappy phone which is hard enough as it lol

@Mr. Cardoso

Last edited by a moderator:
Thing is, people were playing on the server for the plugins. There are plenty of vanilla servers out there but the reason this server was popular was due to the correct balance of plugins, and the boost from the aluk community.
^ this is what i've been trying to say all along.

Me and my friends have moved to another server with very similar plugins. First thing i noticed was that a lot of players that used to play on the Rust Life server did the exact same as soon as it became vanilla. 

I mean the server has been dead empty for most parts of the day, for the last week. Surely that can't be what you intended it to be. 
I'm still confused as to WHY you choose to make it vanilla, especially without consultating with any of the actual players. 

5x gather is too much, big groups will take advantage of that, rather make it 2x or 3x, i would love to play on vanilla buy there are no people on :(

Personally I am not interested in playing a vanilla server, gathering wood is difficult enough with 5x gather and I like that the speed of construction gives space for gunfights. As well as that, big gangs will always dominate the server. Even if it takes them a few extra days.

I would suggest that you wait until the next forced wipe and wipe everything (including blueprints) to start from the beginning. Bring the plugins back to increase the number of active players and I would suggest hiring a few rust admins to keep things in order on the server. I would volunteer for this role as I have experience with administration in rust and want to see the server at the highest standard it is capable of. There are many others who have the same mindset and would have a lot of dedication to the servers development. Of course I understand why you would be hasty about hiring admins which is all good but bringing back the plugins is something you don't have much choice about as far as I see it. Either that or taking down the server

Apologies for the poor grammar, I wrote this on my crappy phone which is hard enough as it lol

@Mr. Cardoso
I'm already working on this on behalf of Wilco, he wants it back to plugins and it shall be so.

I will take Rust server down, and wait until the update for a full wipe (including BPs), hopefully this time it will be better.

@Dentibus you should watch it tho, people now tend to get very hurtful when they see that size !

@Dentibus you should watch it tho, people now tend to get very hurtful when they see that size !
im going to pester the rust devs to introduce the helicopter animation and just build a stage and windmill

ReddFour they will be putting the /remove tool in but only for the people that placed the block I beleive.

Well that's a real shame to be going back to mods. The remove tool, for example, in my opinion is a cheat that should never be allowed. It is too easy for people to abuse it and bring down other player's structures with it. It is for this very reason why Facepunch took out the demoilsh feature of the hammer because it was being abused.
Don't worry ReddFour, remove won't go on until i found a way to make it raider proof.

I found this 2 plugins that work together:

http://oxidemod.org/plugins/r-remover-tool.651/

http://oxidemod.org/plugins/building-owners.682/

Will look at them and make them work.

EDIT: I added it to the server, can someone test while i'm at work? You need a friend to do so.

Make a small house with a toolcupboard, then let your friend authorize himself, and make him try the /remove command.

Don't worry ReddFour, remove won't go on until i found a way to make it raider proof.

I found this 2 plugins that work together:

http://oxidemod.org/plugins/r-remover-tool.651/

http://oxidemod.org/plugins/building-owners.682/

Will look at them and make them work.

EDIT: I added it to the server, can someone test while i'm at work? You need a friend to do so.

Make a small house with a toolcupboard, then let your friend authorize himself, and make him try the /remove command.
Will test it out now, will update soon.

Update:

/MAP Gives not the right link. Should be -> http://map.playrust.io/?185.38.151.215:28015
/HELP command does not work.

Thanks, i'll go over the addons this afternoon, keep submiting reports!

Proctor and I tested it.

Builded a small house.
Removed eachother from the friendslist.
Builded a small house.
When Proctor builds a house, and when I authorize myself I can still perform the /remove command.

I saw they have added a demolish feature now, perhaps that is the way to go?

Back