What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Combat Log alternative?

unconnected

I've seen a bunch of reports and posts about combat logs and it worries me. I understand that the general consensus is that if you've got time to play, then you've got time to go to prison/be arrested/respawn etc.

However, real life isn't predictable. I've had to log out unexpectedly in the past because my son has woken up or I've had an urgent out of hours call from work. Luckily in each of these occasions I've only been playing with a friend who was on Skype with me and I've not had an issue.

But at some point I might get an urgent real life event during an arrest or similar. So what can I do?

What I'd planned to do is simply say in direct chat - "OOC - unfortunately I have to leave the computer in RL, please continue to RP but assume I've suddenly lost the ability to speak, I will NOT combat log, please accept my apologies" and just leave it to the server to kick me due to AFKing.

Is this acceptable? Is there a better alternative? Has anyone else dealt with these type of thing in the past and had success?

I would love to know your thoughts :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Was thinking exactly same thing. Would also like to know what to do in situations like this.

Usually you can just let us know and we will either rush the process of getting you fined/jailed, or put it on hold till you return.

Police will allow this/hurry up the process. As long as in the end you return to the RP. Basically, it is understandable about the need to go in emergency situations. But some people will abuse it. As long as you do not log out and send that message and they agree, you are fine.

i think this is indeed very important to bring to discussion.

let's create a some sort of acronyms like he said "OOC" and everyone will know exactly what is going on and what to expect.

I will hurry up the process by alot, but if I see that you connect again soon after. Then don't expect Me to believe you ever again.

I will hurry up the process by alot, but if I see that you connect again soon after. Then don't expect Me to believe you ever again.
But the situation here is leaving the computer but the game still on, not disconnecting.

Back