What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Charity Of The Month Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank goodness I can't be downvoted.

I donate to ALUK in order to secure the servers future. As Wilco said, going over target puts money in the kitty for slower months, or indeed if we need to invest in new things, e.g. S3. If I donated, and later found out that money had been diverted to Shelter (for example), I would reconsider donating again.

I also donate to charity, because I feel it can be a good thing if done properly. But for me at least, charitable donation can be fraught with ethical problems. Problems I want faaaar away from the place I come to relax.

Now don't get me wrong, this is a very commendable idea, and I'm sure it is done with the best intentions. However, I don't think it should be implemented as suggested here. Maybe with a little adaptation something similar could be put in place that works for everyone (Once at £1000, 10% of donations in excess go to charity. i.e. £1437, 437 is over 1000, 10% is £43.7 given to charity). But then who should it go to?

So, sadly, as it stands my best advice is.. If you really want to help a charity, just give to a charity. Make a post. Tell us why you gave, and why you think we should too. Then it remains a personal, conscious, and consenting choice. Who knows, being nice might even catch on?

Thank goodness I can't be downvoted.

I donate to ALUK in order to secure the servers future. As Wilco said, going over target puts money in the kitty for slower months, or indeed if we need to invest in new things, e.g. S3. If I donated, and later found out that money had been diverted to Shelter (for example), I would reconsider donating again.

I also donate to charity, because I feel it can be a good thing if done properly. But for me at least, charitable donation can be fraught with ethical problems. Problems I want faaaar away from the place I come to relax.

Now don't get me wrong, this is a very commendable idea, and I'm sure it is done with the best intentions. However, I don't think it should be implemented as suggested here. Maybe with a little adaptation something similar could be put in place that works for everyone (Once at £1000, 10% of donations in excess go to charity. i.e. £1437, 437 is over 1000, 10% is £43.7 given to charity). But then who should it go to?

So, sadly, as it stands my best advice is.. If you really want to help a charity, just give to a charity. Make a post. Tell us why you gave, and why you think we should too. Then it remains a personal, conscious, and consenting choice. Who knows, being nice might even catch on?
Well that pretty much just killed my idea and subject. So the server is more important than giving a small amount to charity from the earnings then. Never mind it seemed like a good idea at the time. You're so lucky there is no down vote button DainMK :p

Last edited by a moderator:
After long consideration and thinking this is a really good idea i keep coming back to Dain's post and the worry of us donating to some charity that could be on BBC's watchdog next week or us donating to a charity that might offend someone and the next thing we have in our gaming community is politics

I think instead i am going to create a "Give to charity forum" where you can post a screenshot of where you have given to charity and why or for any fund raising you are doing including runs/ goals etc.. 

That would also prompt me to make a monthly donation from my real life salary something i should of started doing years ago and i am sure there are others who will join me :)

After long consideration and thinking this is a really good idea i keep coming back to Dain's post and the worry of us donating to some charity that could be on BBC's watchdog next week or us donating to a charity that might offend someone and the next thing we have in our gaming community is politics

I think instead i am going to create a "Give to charity forum" where you can post a screenshot of where you have given to charity and why or for any fund raising you are doing including runs/ goals etc.. 

That would also prompt me to make a monthly donation from my real life salary something i should of started doing years ago and i am sure there are others who will join me :)
I think this idea is good we are able to choose our own charity and make lesser known ones become more well known as well. I will be donating to Lumos

deffinatley like this idea as people can then donate to a charity with which they relate to , for example i always donate to the RNLI because i spend a lot of time at sea and will probably need these guys to save my life at some point in time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back