What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Changes to the conceal carry mechanic

NoobH4mm3r

Legendary Donator
Legendary Donator
My Suggestion: Modify Conceal Carry Mechanics for Enhanced Realism

Current Mechanic:
In Grand Theft Auto, players can currently conceal carry any weapon, regardless of size, without any visible indication of it on their character.

I propose that the game should limit the ability to conceal carry to smaller weapons, such as pistols and knives. Larger weapons, like sawn-off shotguns or automatic rifles, should be visible on the character unless the player has a bag or other storage equipment. This change would add a layer of realism and strategy to the gameplay, as it would prevent players from unexpectedly pulling out large, powerful weapons without prior warning.

Pros:
Increased Realism: It would make the game more immersive by reflecting real-life constraints on weapon concealment.

Enhanced Strategy: Players would need to plan their loadouts more carefully, considering when and where they can carry larger weapons without drawing attention.

Balanced Combat: It reduces the likelihood of surprise attacks with high-powered weapons, as opponents would be able to see if someone is carrying a large weapon.
Visual Cues: It allows other players or NPCs to assess threats more accurately, creating more dynamic interactions and encounters.

Cons:
Development Time: Implementing this change could require significant coding work to adjust inventory mechanics.

One way to deal with larger weapons I’ve seen on another server was a feature where you carry the gun on you but to equip the weapon you’d need to be near a car or have a duffle bag, personally I think it’s not the biggest problem, as on the back or in the pocket doesn’t really make a difference, as I believe the issue majority of these suggestions stem from isn’t the physical weapons but unfortunately the divide between gangs, police and gang vs gangs within the city regarding the gun control / over use or need for over use of weapons,

Back