What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Anti Metagaming (Name Tags)

Do you think removing nametags will improve your experience

• Yes - Keep Nametags off the server

Votes: 165 75.7%
  • No - Put them back in (please give a reason)

Votes: 53 24.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So if you are a bountyhunter you will never get anybody, if you see someone on the boutylist and you ask that person he can just lie about his name. We need something to check ID's

I will say to police, that the whole "tail number" thing is BS... metagaming give you the driver, not the owner, therefore if it's a stolen heli, your argument is invalid.... 

When you contact a heli, dont mention names, if they ask how you know it was them, it's a message sent on a general aviation frequency from the ATC.

So if you are a bountyhunter you will never get anybody, if you see someone on the boutylist and you ask that person he can just lie about his name. We need something to check ID's
Then they can just shoot, restrain, check ID's, doesn't fix much.

Yeah my wife got restrained by a bounty hunter yesterday just because she was walking around and looking in buildings :-(

I'll just voice my opinion based on what I've seen, but don't mistake it as though I hate the feature, if a way is found that makes it work it will probably be great fun.

But based on what I've seen, and I watch alot of streams, BH work on the servers that don't treat reading nametags as unacceptable. Here we don't like that as we want a bit of realism, I suspect to have some great RP with the police, and personally I think it will be hard to justify BH with this system.

People have to understand that BH has to metagame to an extent, the horrible part of this though is that all the hard work you would go through in the police to combat this metagaming is being negated.

Last edited by a moderator:
People have to understand that BH has to metagame to an extent
Exactly, we must metagame then RP it out. Not every will go to prison , all they need to do is RP and not shout

"METAGAME METAGAME"

It does my head in.

Exactly, we must metagame then RP it out. Not every will go to prison , all they need to do is RP and not shout

"METAGAME METAGAME"

It does my head in.
That's the issue,because it's open to the public. 

Lately BHs also break character and threaten to ban you for executing them(Which you can't be because it's RPed.) as most rebels who find them can and will execute them for being a non-rping public nuisance or the common term "scum". Occasionally during the executions they may even say "How do you know I'm a bounty hunter?" to try to accuse you of metagaming them which I find ironically funny since they metagame the shit out of the BH system.

Personally I want BHs whitelisted or gone. We've already stopped tolerating them and I've black listed them it's that broken

I voted for no and I do have a valid reason, which someone mentioned before. How would we recognize people we know? Like people from friendly gangs, people we've been having great time with?
I will change my mind if you add some kind of 'friend system', so it shows people's tags if they marked eachother as friends.

And yes, I want BHs gone aswell. Many people are abusing that power, just robbing eachother for 1$ dozens of times and then just getting the bounty from that.

Both have advantages and disadvantages, I'm pretty new on the server - But I like it how it is. As if anyone does break the rules etc, other players know who they are reporting. But in the sense of roleplay, it would be nice for people not to know who you are.

Both have advantages and disadvantages, I'm pretty new on the server - But I like it how it is. As if anyone does break the rules etc, other players know who they are reporting. But in the sense of roleplay, it would be nice for people not to know who you are.
@Church Why post on a topic already dealt with and made 7 months ago?

@DI Voltz @Mr. Cardoso

Sorry, didn't see the time stamps! *Facepalm.*
Yea, you kept doing it after i asked you the question.. so i issued you a 5 days block from posting, maybe that will catch your attention.

Just a question cause I'm a little confused. So the names are still in place for the police? 

If so I would personally vote to remove them from police also. the two groups that get the most accusations about metagaming are the police and BHers. A lot of people feel police power game by seeing your name, asking if it's your car (if the car is wanted) and not believing whatever story you give because they're not happy with the RP. After "It's my dad's car, my wallets at home so I have no licence with me etc" 15 times a day it's hard for me to believe it, particularity when I know in the back of my head that it is a lie. 

Because of that I've started turning off names every time I go onto the server. I use the tilde key to metagame a police officer just to say howdy as I pass him or her in the HQ. I think this has made RP a lot more enjoyable for me and when I hear someone give a bad excuse for a car not being theirs I do sometimes investigate a bit further, which now I feel is okay because both in-game and out-of-game I have no idea if it is their car or not. 

If names are going to be removed completely (which I support) I would say remove them from police as well. There's no real need for police to see a name and while most are excellent RPers and would never metagame, why have the temptation there at all? 

Edit: Okay, just saw that this has been resurrected from the back of the forums. Apologies for posting. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally I think we should remove name tags, however for people in your group/gang leave them on and have the all seeing eye not a skill but a permanent feature. 

In my opinion I think removing the nametag's biggest downside is that it will make it harder, if not impossible for us players to report rule breakers. Furthermore to sort a problem out on teamspeak as we don't know their in-game name/nickname.

On the plus side this should help in stopping people breaking the metagaming rule.

Just a question cause I'm a little confused. So the names are still in place for the police? 

If so I would personally vote to remove them from police also. the two groups that get the most accusations about metagaming are the police and BHers. A lot of people feel police power game by seeing your name, asking if it's your car (if the car is wanted) and not believing whatever story you give because they're not happy with the RP. After "It's my dad's car, my wallets at home so I have no licence with me etc" 15 times a day it's hard for me to believe it, particularity when I know in the back of my head that it is a lie. 

Because of that I've started turning off names every time I go onto the server. I use the tilde key to metagame a police officer just to say howdy as I pass him or her in the HQ. I think this has made RP a lot more enjoyable for me and when I hear someone give a bad excuse for a car not being theirs I do sometimes investigate a bit further, which now I feel is okay because both in-game and out-of-game I have no idea if it is their car or not. 

If names are going to be removed completely (which I support) I would say remove them from police as well. There's no real need for police to see a name and while most are excellent RPers and would never metagame, why have the temptation there at all? 

Edit: Okay, just saw that this has been resurrected from the back of the forums. Apologies for posting. 
Personally I think we should remove name tags, however for people in your group/gang leave them on and have the all seeing eye not a skill but a permanent feature. 

In my opinion I think removing the nametag's biggest downside is that it will make it harder, if not impossible for us players to report rule breakers. Furthermore to sort a problem out on teamspeak as we don't know their in-game name/nickname.

On the plus side this should help in stopping people breaking the metagaming rule.
It's an old topic, the decisions have already been made. Just a newbie trying to rack his post count up (See cardoso's post above.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back